What's new

Injustice 2 will possibly receive more patches than MKX

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
The "tiny" patch significantly nerfed two of the best characters in the game, 3 weeks after release; which would cause rampant complaining and crying were it to happen in an Injustice or MK game (like it always does)

The OW community recognized that it was a positive change and moved on.

You don't see people saying things like "they shouldn't have patched the game for a year".

That's why imo we have have some room to grow here.
So you might say mcree got the scorpion treatment in terms of patching time frames. I think scorpion was touched 3 weeks upon release as well.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
The "tiny" patch significantly nerfed two of the best characters in the game, 3 weeks after release; which would cause rampant complaining and crying were it to happen in an Injustice or MK game (like it always does)

The OW community recognized that it was a positive change and moved on.

You don't see people saying things like "they shouldn't have patched the game for a year".

That's why imo we have have some room to grow here.
which characters in overwatch got nerfed? plz tell me it wasnt genji....if it was what exactly got nerfed about him?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
which characters in overwatch got nerfed? plz tell me it wasnt genji....if it was what exactly got nerfed about him?
McCree, who was arguably the game's most popular offensive hero, and Windowmaker.

(Don't worry, us Genji players are safe :cool:)

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Widowmaker can't 1 shot zenyatta with a bodyhit anywhere anymore, and mcree can't melt every character in the game for free anymore(just most of them).

Esruck Cype

...or just call me E.C.
The FGC has some growing up to do :cool:
You have no clue how long people have been saying this. Even before the advent of the millions of dollars in LoL and Dota, even going back to the CS 1.6, UT, and BW days, patches are just... the thing. A dev may miss something, it turns out stronger than expected and the competitive gameplay shifts to something not good for both players/spectators, and they fix it.

The issue is that this the "no patches" mentality was predicated on the arcade era and, later, the Dark Ages. When:
  • regular patches were literally impossible, when there was no network connectivity and shipping update kits via disc was not profitably viable
  • the one "big" FG dev had already abandoned their FGs, so you just dealt with the broken shit indefinitely, as there wasn't going to be a patch, let alone an updated version, let alone a new game, for years
Not that I expect anything to change with TYM

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The number of patches isn't the most important, rather the timing and frequency. They should time their patches with major tournaments and release them right after. People bring their dirtiest stuff at tournaments, then NRS patches, then they practice for the next one.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I dream of a game, a patch every day.

To not play for even a week, you will have to relearn the game entirely.

The perfect game...