What's new

Injustice 2 character types?

What character archeotype are you most looking forward to playing as in Injustice 2?

• Rush-Down

• Space Control

• Zoning

• Keep-Away

• Other (if I missed any)

• Grappler

Results are only viewable after voting.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Is there a way to take the thread down? I feel like I have completely messed up this whole poll and thread. I simply wanted to open up a friendly discussion while waiting for the injustice 2 release.:(
Do you want it closed? Or something changed?
Don't be too hard with yourself, probably a mod could just change the poll or something to better cover the right archetypes. @CrazyFingers ? @Eldriken ?
*cough cough* :DOGE

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I think you can have rushdown without a 50/50. Like pressure through chip damage and what not.
You most certainly can. Think Cammy in sfv. A list Johnny in mkx.. They thrive off plus frames, pressure, offensive dominance. I generally would prefer my main to be similar in that regard but i will adapt to whatever my character turns out to be. I get to play my absolute favorite character in the universe and im excited for any style she turns out to be

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
No there is no character that revolves around counterzoning. Some characters just have the ability to do so.
I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. NRS (possibly Boon) has characterized Scorpion as an "anti-zoning" character. He was designed with that purpose in mind. The Hellfire, the teleport and even the spear are anti-zoning tools. With the spear, you want to stick them in the beginning frames of animation, before the fireball, the other moves are self explanatory.

Smoke is another example. Especially MK9 Smoke.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I am hoping Cheetah will be a rushdown character, a slick hybrid of Kobu Jutsu Tanya and -- if they weren't bullshitting about command grabs -- SFV's Laura.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm mostly interested in Robin who we don't know how he will play, I'm interested in Deadshot and Fate for zoning(which is what I voted), and Batman who is a decent blend of neutral/footsies/pressure

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I choose space control, because I like it, but to be honest I dont have a preferred style or one that I look forward the most. I mained very different characters in MK9 and in Injustice, and didnt truly have a main in MKX, and it will be the same for IN2, I'll just main whoever I feel comfortable with.