What's new

Injustice 2 character types?

What character archeotype are you most looking forward to playing as in Injustice 2?

• Rush-Down

• Space Control

• Zoning

• Keep-Away

• Other (if I missed any)

• Grappler

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
As the question implies, I would like to know what type of character you think you will be playing as in Injustice 2 (let me know if I left out a character type or particular playstyle).

I am personally looking forward to playing as a space control type character.

Edit: I do mean character types in terms of the specific spacing playstyle of each character.

Last edited:

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Aren't zoning and keepaway damn near the same? And where is grappling?
I have added in the grapple archeotype, although I was unsure about it at first because some characters can have strong far-screen tools with grapple moves as well.

I think that Grapple goes with a different series of archeotypes such as mix-up and footsie type of characters.

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
I have added in the grapple archeotype, although I was unsure about it at first because some characters can have strong far-screen tools with grapple moves as well.

I think that Grapple goes with a different series of archeotypes such as mix-up and footsie type of characters.
Mix ups and footsies are not aachetypes. they are tools.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
don't know if this is an archetype but anything with a bunch of setups would be cool. It's the main reason I'm looking forward to scarecrow because fear gas could be sooooo hype.
edit: or very annoying (think relentless jason:p)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, definitely need to add trap/set-up character, like Lex in Injustice 1.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I'm not sure what you mean by"space control", because that could be zoning or it could be a character with long range pokes or forward -advancing moves.

If we're talking about the latter, that's what I'm interested in. I'm not particularly offensive or defensive. I like playing footsies and will rush down or back off when appropriate.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
You should add setup/set play/mixup and then footsies/mid range/defensive character options and eliminate space control.

Would people say that counterzoner is an archetype or just an element of another archetype?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
You should add setup/set play/mixup and then footsies/mid range/defensive character options and eliminate space control.

Would people say that counterzoner is an archetype or just an element of another archetype?
No there is no character that revolves around counterzoning. Some characters just have the ability to do so.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Why split zoning into 3 different answers (as far as I understand zoning is space control, zone <--> space, zoning doesn't have to be pewpewpew spam) then forget to include traps/setups?
Is there a way to take the thread down? I feel like I have completely messed up this whole poll and thread. I simply wanted to open up a friendly discussion while waiting for the injustice 2 release.:(

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
It's all good OP, it's a good thread just needs some clean up, don't sweat it dude.

Another potential option could be "will play character x because I'm a fan of the character regardless of archetype" or a better less clunky wording of that.

There needs to be a balance between several play styles. In mkx it was only rush down and reset. Having several different play styles, in my opinion, is one of the traits of a good game

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Most likely seeing myself enjoying some space control with a trident that won't function properly though :DOGE

I'm willing to give zoning and rush-down a try as well