What's new

Information from intro dialogues

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
If Sonya truly dies in storymode, CHAMPAGNE FOR EVERYONE! xxxx Bubbles (Little Britain)
Lol, old Sonya dying and young Sonya living on. Perfectly fine and thriving. Living to be in Mortal Kombat 12 with Cassie, Jacqui, Jax, Johnny, and the new Special Forces member they introduce to take her spot.

But, yeah, totally....bubbles!!

Y'all are putting a lot of stock into intros knowing the story is going to be filled with time travel and shit. She might die for about 2 minutes and then be brought right back. I mean.......Johnny Cage died in the old timeline and was brought back to life by the Elder Gods (Shoutout Charybdis one time). How much we wanna bet that Sonya dies and Cetrion, Supposed Goddess of Life, brings her back to life? We know Cetrion is going to get involved considering she's on the roster.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
Nice logic BUT:
She was never adopted neither did she accept that name. Mileena should have been the same cause Kahn called her his true daughter in MK9
After Shao Kahn and the Outworld army took over Edenia he forced Sindel into marriage and adopted Kitana to strengthen his claim over the realm. After Sindel's sacrifice to protect Earthrealm Shao Kahn ordered Shang Tsung to create a clone of Kitana in case she turned on him as well. After Mileena was created he denounced Kitana as his daughter in favor of Mileena.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I just listened to some more and Cassie's always defending Johnny, it's cute, but it shows that her relationship with Sonya is strained because of it.

Cassie: You're being too hard on dad
Sonya: He needs to grow thicker skin
Cassie: Or maybe you need to soften up

stokedAF

casual kahnage
The Lin Kuei are ninjas. Well, maybe not now since sub turned them into a branch of the special forces. But they were!

LeoMK29

Noob
I’m guessing Sonya dies but with the timeline thing Cassie and them give young Sonya a heads up and save her or something

After rewatching the story trailer, i am confident enought to say if Sonya does die it will only be for the first chapter. From what i have read people who played the first chapter say that Sonya get stuck in the Netherrealm palace when it explodes and thats why people think shes dead, well in literally the first five seconds of the story trailer you see that Kronika rewinds time and rebuilds the palace so it would make sense that Sonya's death is also reversed in the process then she's most likely captured. So i wouldnt be celebrating her death to soon.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Overall I'm a fan but she speaks so slowly sometimes lol
It feels like they told the voice actress to one take it and try to sound passionate and she was reading the text into the mic without any practice or coordination