What's new

Indirect Buffs?

coolwhip

Noob
Ok, silly title aside, the Scorpion and Black Adam nerfs really cement Superman as arguably the best character in the game, since those were two of his trickiest match-ups.

Regardless of where you think he stands on a tier list (I'd place him number 1, with Aquaman as a close second), Superman benefited greatly from the recent patch.

BA nerf wasn't actually that bad. Divekick is almost useless. Only works when you kick their lower body.
To the point, though. I've been having fun with the d2's. That's all I really see for differences. Other characters can have a fair match against him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ok, silly title aside, the Scorpion and Black Adam nerfs really cement Superman as arguably the best character in the game, since those were two of his trickiest match-ups.

Regardless of where you think he stands on a tier list (I'd place him number 1, with Aquaman as a close second), Superman benefited greatly from the recent patch.
black adam has no use for regular divekick in this matchup, he still beats superman.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
How does the Black Adam change really affect the Superman matchup? In my opinion he still has all of the same tools that can pose the main issues for Superman in in this MU, and they will still continue to go toe to toe.

as a batman player i feel like the superman matchup may have gotten even better for me. and i already liked that to begin with

airdashing was a problem for batman but the new d2 might help a bunch with that. and superman's own d2 buff probably helps him less since batman can still double jump to bait it & full-combo punish

I think he was number 1 before the patch, and still is. MAYBE Aquaman gives him a run for his money for that honor.
I don't know about that. From my experience, a few characters are better. I beat plenty of Supermen, but they may not be as skilled with him as others. So again, this is just from my experience.

coolwhip

Noob
black adam has no use for regular divekick in this matchup, he still beats superman.

I don't main either character so I'll take your word for it, but I think the Black Adam nerf hurts him in general. Perhaps not as significantly as some are making it out, but still...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't main either character so I'll take your word for it, but I think the Black Adam nerf hurts him in general. Perhaps not as significantly as some are making it out, but still...
only vs characters against which BA could abuse divekick

and by abuse i mean win by doing divekick backdash x 9999 while those chars had no options to beat that

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
I think he was number 1 before the patch, and still is. MAYBE Aquaman gives him a run for his money for that honor.
SM has been my main since release. He can't dictate the match and force you to do stuff anymore. If I F23 breath now it'll stop my pressure.

So glad g.l benefitted so greatly from the patch. If he had one decent wakeup option that was not reliant on block, it would probably make him an easy top 5. Oh well still going to play him and receive all the hate mail for it.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
it'll stop your braindead pressure you mean? breath is 0 on block, how the fuck does it stops your pressure, you both are at neutral and your opponent does not have any advantage
They increased the push back on breath. The next F2 will connect if you just sit there. And I like my characters OP lol. He used to force people to push buttons and I loved it. But now a back dash will grant them breathing room.

characters with good backdashes could make your 2nd f23 whiff even before the patch, while green lantern with his terrible one can't escape using backdash even now. you have to make a read and punish with your own dash, f23. don't see any difference here. if they d1, you wait and whiff punish. superman pressure is as good as before the patch, i hope you are not complaining about having to make a read

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
characters with good backdashes could make your 2nd f23 whiff even before the patch, while green lantern with his terrible one can't escape using backdash even now. you have to make a read and punish with your own dash, f23. don't see any difference here. if they d1, you wait and whiff punish. superman pressure is as good as before the patch, i hope you are not complaining about having to make a read
I'm aware lol. But there's no reason to D1 after F23 breath NOW because you're free due to the increased push back and the shaved off frame. You on Xbl? We should play.