What's new

Breakthrough - Hellfire Inconsistant jailing into flame aura

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
alright, i don't know how many people know this, but 21 jailing into flame aura is extremely inconsistant and i don't know why exactly. Sometimes it jails, sometimes the opponent can armor. Feel free to test it out. I'm not even sure if its a distance thing because i've tried running up and doing the string extremely close and walking up, it feels completely random. so its basically a gamble for both players on wheather the move will jail or not, lol.

i guess its still good if you read counterpokes, but if your trying to condition people to stop armoring, 21 block or 21~ex spear are your only consistant options.

plz hotfix this nrs.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
If I had to guess it has to do with the variable block stun on 21.

Prepatch hellfire someone posted tech where a 21 that was blocked as far away as possible FBRC would jail into 21.

My guess is the 1 in 21 is hitting at a later active frame, which is causing it to recover faster. The block stun stays the same, but since the move is recovering quicker, you can do another move sooner.

Try doing 21 into flame aura as far away as possible and see if that jails consistently.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If I had to guess it has to do with the variable block stun on 21.

Prepatch hellfire someone posted tech where a 21 that was blocked as far away as possible FBRC would jail into 21.

My guess is the 1 in 21 is hitting at a later active frame, which is causing it to recover faster. The block stun stays the same, but since the move is recovering quicker, you can do another move sooner.

Try doing 21 into flame aura as far away as possible and see if that jails consistently.
nope, being far away doesnt do it either, i think it maybe has something to do with the breathing hitboxes maybe? its so dumb tho, nrs needs to fix their shit, like seriously in no other fighting game are hitboxes so inconsistant and wonky.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Well distance is the main problem but even range 0 vs standing guard can still leave a gap. Ending combos in d1 minimizes the risk but anw i usually go for 21 ex spear if i wanna play it safe

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Well distance is the main problem but even range 0 vs standing guard can still leave a gap. Ending combos in d1 minimizes the risk but anw i usually go for 21 ex spear if i wanna play it safe
same, tho i don't use it to say safe so much as to condition my opponent to keep blocking and not armor. so i can actully do my 214 pressure. flame aura is still good for counter poking, but most of the time im doing ex spear like you said if im reading armor.

gawd, this game has so many dumb hitbox issues.

JINAMOUNAINAI

Well 21ex spear doesnt cover armor, it just keeps you safe from it because it never comes out, if you read armor you should
21 fbc block
21 fbc jump over(only if you can still punish it on the way down)
Or 214 empty tp behi d or away(only if you can still punish it)
21 ex spear if they armor is just waste of bar( it still covers backdashes and low pokes tho yes)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Well 21ex spear doesnt cover armor, it just keeps you safe from it because it never comes out, if you read armor you should
21 fbc block
21 fbc jump over(only if you can still punish it on the way down)
Or 214 empty tp behi d or away(only if you can still punish it)
21 ex spear if they armor is just waste of bar( it still covers backdashes and low pokes tho yes)
i don't see how its a waste, its a nice option to cover everything. but yes 21 block is fine too. no need for the fbc since 21 is already + on block anyways. and 21 ex spear jailing means that if they try to do armor, it won't come out and they'll be caught not blocking instead.

JINAMOUNAINAI

i don't see how its a waste, its a nice option to cover everything. but yes 21 block is fine too. no need for the fbc since 21 is already + on block anyways. and 21 ex spear jailing means that if they try to do armor, it won't come out and they'll be caught not blocking instead.
Nope,when you input an armor move you hold block, so you can option select in case there is a gap or no, try it in practice mode its actually easy
Also 21 fbc block will option select if they get hit by the initial 21 and you can fbc hit confirm it to a full combo

JINAMOUNAINAI

The mindgame is
21 ex spear covers backdash and low pokes(safe from armor since it doesnt come out but you lose a bar instead of them)
21 fbc block to bait armor and confirm to full combo on hit
214 after you get them scared enough to not press buttons :p