What's new

Inception! My Review

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
First off let me start by saying I really enjoyed this movie. I've been disappointed in movie quality lately, so I was hoping to not be let down this time. After seeing all the positive feedback from friends, as well as all the good ratings it was getting, I decided to gather some friends and go see it at the theater!

The movie was awesome. It starts out where you have no idea what's going on, so off the bat you're confused. It plays with your mind the whole movie, which is highly enjoyable and entertaining for someone like me. After the initial confusion, it starts to slowly explain itself. You start putting the pieces together and try to figure out what's going to happen next. Which is really hard to do in this movie. I must have thought of 30 different ways of how a certain scenario was going to play out, the majority of the time I was way off. Inception had everything that I desire in a great movie: Action, Drama, Psychology, Speculating, Engaging the Audience, Intrigue, Suspense (OMG the suspense, one of the most suspenseful based films IMO), Comedy, Special Effects, Mystery, Great Storyline, Good Acting, Nice Dialog and somewhat of a Cliffhanger at the end.

Movies usually have bad to decent endings. Inceptions ending was brilliant. There could be no possible way for a better ending. This is blatantly apparent when the audience ushers out a "awwww" when it went to a black screen and rolled the credits. As I said, it was somewhat of a cliffhanger, but a good one.

The acting was great, which is always something that is a must in a good movie. The best thing about the movie is probably the suspense. You could just feel the person next to you getting anxious.

I'm not good at reviews, because I usually give too much away or reveal some spoilers. So I'll stop here. Just know that it was a great movie and that I highly recommend it to everyone!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I saw it yesterday too. I thought it was good and there was suspense on so many levels, har har. Why wasn't THIS MOVIE in 3D?

I agree about the endings of movies being lame lately. It may not seem like a big thing after you sit through a good movie for a couple hours, but this past year I feel like a lot of movies try to have some kind of twist that always seems to fail miserably. I swear they do it just so people will buy the dvds when they are released to see the alternate endings, since that is one of the only attractions to actually buying a dvd these days.

It ruins it for me though. Why make a great movie, then throw in some bullshit at the end after all of the things pertaining to the storyline are wrapped up. Be consistent for shits sake.

I don't know if you guys have D-BOX seating in your area, but Inception had it. I always wondered if it was worth it. Basically it just rattles your chair during the movie, and I think it is bad enough to have to leave a movie to piss while it is playing let alone having to do drop a shtye, that a rattling chair would probably make you do. Also, $5.50 for a movie and $13.50 for a shaking chair is pretty damned lame. That much money for 3D and D-BOX might be worth it though.
That sounds interesting. I'm tight on money right now, so I'm glad it wasn't in 3D. Though it would have been awesome. I think that maybe the producers thought of 3D as a new gimmick and wanted to do well without the aid of 3D. I could be wrong but that's my assumption.

The movie prices down here are $11.00 for adults. For just the regular theater. Seniors and Children get in for like $8.00. IMAX is $17.00, 3D is $14.00. Pretty ridiculous prices in my opinion. I'm just glad Inception was great and I didn't waste my money.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

It wasnt in 3d because 3D is mainly a gimmick used to get people into theatre seats to make up 10-15% loss of attendance in past 5 years due to pirate movies and raising ticket prices.

This movie did not 3D, it was perfect. Loved the ending and let me just say this.....

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Notice the kid's clothes? Voices on the phone when he talked to them? And when was the ONLY time it stopped spinning?

Answer those questions and the movie's ending is definitive

perfect

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Inception definitely looks "unique" in a few ways, it looks kind of weird in a trippy sense. I'll definitely check it out once it hits dvd.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, Christopher Nolan is really making a name for himself with his past few movies. I hope he does more, his style is dark in general which I like :)