What's new

in MKXL who plays like Aquaman or Wonder woman?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Playing Injustice on Xboxone since it became backwards compatible, and I realize how much more I like that game, and I think mostly it's because I never fell in love with a character on MKX.

WoWo is my bae and Aquaman is my boo.

Any characters that play like them? I started with Kung Jin because he had a staff like Aquaman.

Love you guys <3

I played aquaman, kung Jin's back 1 feels like aquamans low starter and his overhead reminds me of aquamans overhead but that's it

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I think playing Lasher Takeda can give you a bit of the Aquaman vibe. He has nutso jump ins, long range normals, great anti air game, and very safe on block but bad on whiff offense. For WoWo I'd say Shotgun Jacqui. She is super mobile, has great fun resets, safe mixups, and hits like a damn estrogen truck.

The problem is the games feel so dissimilar that you're not gonna feel right at home for quite a bit.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
You can replicate WoWo's stagger pressure with a lot of character's. Quite a few if you don't mind a high starter. SQ D'vorah was probably pretty close last patch. Plus on a lot of stuff, strong mids, staggers, fast overhead with no hurtbox and basically free oki in the corner. She's lost some of that, but still might be a good choice.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Playing Injustice on Xboxone since it became backwards compatible, and I realize how much more I like that game, and I think mostly it's because I never fell in love with a character on MKX.

WoWo is my bae and Aquaman is my boo.

Any characters that play like them? I started with Kung Jin because he had a staff like Aquaman.

Love you guys <3
If you want the range of Aquaman's staff then Kung Jin seems the one for you. For the chip of Trident Rush I'd recommend FF Liu Kang.

Takeda is a pretty good analogue for for WoWo, at least where range is concerned. But if you want a good combination of safety, mids, and meterless damage, how about Kitana?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
The closest thing to Aquaman in terms of footsies and stuff is probably Ninjutsu Scorpion or Takeda and maybe Kung Jin. if ur looking for insane chip similar to trident rush look at FF Liu Kang or Kitana who now has ez pressure. idk about WW tho many characters have ez pressure and staggers in this game

kantboy-2

Ripper
I ALWAYS thought that Unbreakable ice shield would make Sub play like Aquaman with his trait active...

I was wrong. :confused:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Wonder Woman in Lasso always reminded me of Kung Lao. Just my two sense (or cents, or however the hell that saying is supposed to go, I never know)

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Lasher Takeda is kind of like Wonderwoman and Aquaan put together. In terms of good jump ins, staggers, great range(albeit slower), good space control, ex Kunai in place of good chip.

Shaolin Kung Jin is similar. Good range normals like Aquamans staff, has a fill screen low "EX Tiara toss". Its more elements of than both than plays like.

MKX and Injustice are far to different to have that much in common. Remember Injustice thought regular Scorpion was too OP and must be merfed into the ground, while on MKX that version of scorpion would've been complete trash.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
If you're looking for aquaman chip, then flame fist. But it's also missing the amazing footsies and defense lol

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Technically, no one is like WW - but if you're talking meta - then Kotal Kahn is kind of similar.