What's new

In defeat...

Siky

Noob
Does it but anybody else that when you beat someone, they get up again before falling down? Honestly this has no baring on gameplay whatsoever, but even in MK9 it bugged me and I thought it would be changed in IGAU.

It's like the game doesn't check to see if you lose the game until your character stands up, so stuff like in the HQ vs WW video she kind of like gets up after being beat with a throw, falls down, twitch gets up again to fall down and cry on her ass.

Personally I'd rather have it be a smoother and simpler transition into either a defeat animation or just keep the character down instead of having them get up just to fall down again. I wanted to know if it was just me though or does this actually bother other people?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think the defeat animation is here to stay.

I think its something DC wants in the game, like how in Batman Arkham Asylum all the goons are shown breathing, like they have visible animations that show there chest go up and down.

They really, REALLY want to hit you over the head with the fact Batgod didn't kill anyone.

They need to smooth it out though. It looks silly as hell.

It does look rather silly. I doubt they will change it though.

I think its something DC wants in the game, like how in Batman Arkham Asylum all the goons are shown breathing, like they have visible animations that show there chest go up and down.
They could easily make the characters look like they're breathing when they're on the ground in this too. Alternatively, the characters could lay on the ground writhing in pain or something.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Boon said there's something at the end of a match. The chars of MK get up because of the finish him animation. IGAU will have something similar.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Boon said there's something at the end of a match. The chars of MK get up because of the finish him animation. IGAU will have something similar.
SO there is gonna be some sort of finishing move

SO there is gonna be some sort of finishing move
Oh, God. I hope there won't be any fatality-like finishers in this game. Or if there are, at the very least they should be disabled for online matches. It was so annoying having to watch the same stale fatalities over and over and over again in MK9.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Oh, God. I hope there won't be any fatality-like finishers in this game. Or if there are, at the very least they should be disabled for online matches. It was so annoying having to watch the same stale fatalities over and over and over again in MK9.
You could just leave before the fatality, or do the no blood code..

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think in the NYCC build both Catwoman and Green Arrow do not have a NOTDEAD animation yet, so they just stay on the ground with out getting up.

They will have one in the final build though.

I agree.
The falling down / standing up / falling down animation does bother me as well. It's simply out of place animation wise. They should be good enough when it comes to programming to simply take that out, but if Ed Boon says that they're standing up, because there will be a feature after the fight ends - I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes next.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
That fall down, stand up, fall down again has been in the game since like the 3D MKs. I don't expect for it to ever get fixed.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I simply look at it as they tried to keep going but couldn't, it's a small 2 second occurrence that affects nothing.