What's new

Tech - Impostor Imposter vs Quan Chi Over 90% Chip Damage Setup

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I wanted to see what the maximum damage that Shinnok could potentially get off of one hit was, I think this is the highest, but if you guys have any idea how to bring this higher, let me know.

EDIT:
Updated with a new, more optimized chip string, thanks to @legion666.

And here is the chip string by itself, with reversal backdash on to show it's a true blockstring:

OLD:

Last edited:
Specifically for Quan Chi you can probably kill him with impostor outside of his Warlock. But the guaranteed more damaging chipping strings would be after initial ji2 312xxHell Sparks MB, doing run xx 112 xx Hell Sparks MB the 2nd hit as many times as your stamina will allow you and than go with f22 xx Hell Sparks MB when you have none. I believe with perfect execution it can't be backdashed or armored through.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Specifically for Quan Chi you can probably kill him with impostor outside of his Warlock. But the guaranteed more damaging chipping strings would be after initial ji2 312xxHell Sparks MB, doing run xx 112 xx Hell Sparks MB the 2nd hit as many times as your stamina will allow you and than go with f22 xx Hell Sparks MB when you have none. I believe with perfect execution it can't be backdashed or armored through.
Neat, didn't know that. That's another 3% technically lol. Also I realized you can end it in run up 4 xx Ground Blasts, which is more chip than f224 xx shoulder, and also 100% guaranteed.

Neat, didn't know that. That's another 3% technically lol. Also I realized you can end it in run up 4 xx Ground Blasts, which is more chip than f224 xx shoulder, and also 100% guaranteed.
Well, yes. Nowhere even for Warlock to escape if Impostor has 3 bars. The ji2 312 start for a combo is a bit hard to land in a real match but of course you won't always need a 100% to kill. Also you can have like 2 and 2/3 of a bar at the start of a combo (even less if we count the meter gained through doing Trance and Mimicry aaaand you can also whiff teleport instead if that jump over that you did:)) to do this whole thing with 4 repetitions of MB hell sparks.

Updated for MAXIMUM CHIP:

Technically it is possible against any character, whose stolen move allows you to combo back into Mimicry and net over 40% from it..... And whose hitbox allows f22 to connect. Shinnok's strings tend to whiff a lot on small characters.
Edit: there are a lot of character specific guaranteed set ups, like against Ferra/Tor you don't get to loop it back into mimicry, but after you land a combo into it you can loop chip string and than do the guaranteed 15% command grab you stole from them a after the last MB Hell Spark(it has to be the first spark though if you are out of stamina and want to land it in time)

Reactions: SPY

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Well he isn't quite top tier, but not bad anymore for sure)
I think Shinnok is good, not top, but really good. Upper-mid from what I've seen. If you block Hellsparks and Shinnok goes to meterburn, you can actually backdash the meterburn. So he can't be +26 or whatever he is. I think he has to delay it though if backdashing it is a thing.

I think Shinnok is good, not top, but really good. Upper-mid from what I've seen. If you block Hellsparks and Shinnok goes to meterburn, you can actually backdash the meterburn. So he can't be +26 or whatever he is. I think he has to delay it though if backdashing it is a thing.
can you option select backdash it?

Only if Shinnok delays the MB

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Only the 3rd Spark is Avoidable/Has a gap/whatever that It can be armored out of. The first and second spark jail enhanced.

EGP Wonder_Chef

No, that's only if they MB the 3rd hit. MBing the 2nd hit leaves no gap.