What's new

Imagine a Worst Case Scenario for KP1 characters [FUN]

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I take it kombat pack characters are going to be released one at a time? Does this mean they will be announced one at a time as well?

Gamer68

Fujin!
Everyone keeps saying guest characters, but at least playing characters like Terminator, Ash, etc, would be fun especially if they are played by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Campbell.

But imagine if the other characters in the Kombat Pack were Dairou, Kobra, Darrius, Drahmin, and Jarek.

No guests or crossovers, no more Trilogy-era characters like Sindel and Nightwolf, and a bunch of 3D characters but none of them are the ones we have been really pushing for like Fujin. It would be a huge slap to the face for both casual players and hardcore fans.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Thread is supposed to be fun. Take whatever character you are looking forward too and identify what your worst fear would be. Gameplay, aesthetics, characterization, etc. I'll start.

We finally get Sindel back after being baited in MKX story mode. Everybody's super excited for the kombat kast.

After 5 minutes of waffling and small talk and bad jokes Tyler turns to the camera and says:

"Mr. Matt Burke why don't throw up a picture of our next character?"

[Derek rubs his hands] "Ooh I'm so excited!"

The render pops on screen. You cant believe your eyes! All these years of waiting have come to...this? You stare incredulously as your blood starts to boil. You feel a sour lump in your stomach and begin to feel dizzy. How could they do this to your queen?

16 Bit gushes as he boldly declares:

"I am ALL IN on
Revenant
Sindel!"

Your beautiful edenian queen is now a gray scraggly zombie and you'll now spend the bulk of your time grinding for her non-dead looking skins.

That's it from me folks. What's your nightmare scenario?
Sadly, this is the most likely scenario.
I’m still trying to unlock maskless kitana gear. the fact that her default is her revenant look, even though all her promotion has her in her human skin, pissed me off a bit.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Worst Case Scenario: No Guest Characters
Best Case Scenario: More Guest Characters. (We're currently in the best timeline that has lots of dope guest characters.)

I just love seeing people complain about guest characters really lmao. It never fails to amuse.
I’d like to cool it on the movie guest characters, and maybe have an MK makeover of some other fighting game characters. Possibly from KI.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The guests are the absolute top tier characters in the game, meaning they are the only ones you see being played at tournaments, and the only ones you get to fight against when you jump online.

There was this one night I dreamt about the KP1 and they revealed “young Sindel”, Kronika brought her from the past, from before even knowing Jerrod. Sindel was literally a teenager.
I woke up like wtf has just happened
Sindel younger than Kitana LMAO

Sindel is in but she has no banshee scream or hair toss anywhere to be seen. So many characters already lost their most iconic moves so I legit wouldn't be surprised.
Who else lost their iconic move? I know Jax lost his dash punch, sub zero lost his clone

The first Kombat Pack is Shang Tsung, 4 guests, and Quan Chi.

For some reason all of Quan Chi's intro dialogues are just him laughing about how Rain and Mileena aren't in the game.

All four of the guest characters are from Rick and Morty and they're all voiced by Ronda Rousey.

They're immediately revealed as game-breakingly powerful and become the most picked fighters in the game.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Who else lost their iconic move? I know Jax lost his dash punch, sub zero lost his clone
I'm not gonna mention newer chars since it's harder to call their moves iconic when they've only been in 1 game, but they lost defining moves as well.

Sonya's only returning iconic move is energy rings. Leg grab, kiss/dust, military stance, cart wheel... all gone. Jade lost pole grab and boomerangs as well as nitro kick being changed mechanically (it's shit now in like every way). Kitana's gameplay no longer revolves around her fans like every other game since they nerfed her on release giving them such bad recovery that you can no longer combo from them. They're negative on HIT ffs. She feels like an imposter.

I could probably complain more but I should stop myself there.

I'm not gonna mention newer chars since it's harder to call their moves iconic when they've only been in 1 game, but they lost defining moves as well.

Sonya's only returning iconic move is energy rings. Leg grab, kiss/dust, military stance, cart wheel... all gone. Jade lost pole grab and boomerangs as well as nitro kick being changed mechanically (it's shit now in like every way). Kitana's gameplay no longer revolves around her fans like every other game since they nerfed her on release giving them such bad recovery that you can no longer combo from them. They're negative on HIT ffs. She feels like an imposter.

I could probably complain more but I should stop myself there.
You are safe friend, I had people trying to tell me that I should be happy they changed Jax’s dash punch. That it’s cool Jacqui has his current one. Ugh. I could get over it being different if they didn’t give it to another character