What's new

Im tired and want to end an argument quick so...

MKK hanzo

Ppl here have me nuts cause they claim that both versions (xbox 360 & ps3) of mk9 have gameplay differences aside from the ps3 slowdowns, so please, top players:

Aside from that, have you ever "felt' a difference between switching both versions?

Providing both have the same balance patches and using the same controller/stick.

We are doing a tourney here and there is a lot of stupid fanboy arguing due to that...

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Enenra

Go to hell.
Yes, the PS3 is far worse. Input delay and frame rate slow downs. It's why I don't have it anymore ;__;

MKK hanzo

Aside from that, are there combos, traps, resets etc stuff that are console specific?

Thx guys for your time.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Well I have the opposite issue guys. I have major input issues with the Xbox version. Which Is why I try to never play it. And I'm allowing my Xbox account to expire in 2 weeks.

Both are the same, I just have the issues more so on the xbox side.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I've definitely noticed input lag on the PS3 version. The game feels smoother on xbox, but tournaments use Playstation cause they're willing to sponsor events like mlg.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I'd rather have the character select screen lag compared to the whole time I'm fighting on the PS3...
of course the only problem with it isnt the char select screen
ive played casuals and tournies on both and every time its a xbox my only reaction is "fuck!"
ive seen xrays slow down on xbox aswell so that just doesnt happen on ps3

MKK hanzo

of course the only problem with it isnt the char select screen
ive played casuals and tournies on both and every time its a xbox my only reaction is "fuck!"
ive seen xrays slow down on xbox aswell so that just doesnt happen on ps3
Actually xray lag imo.isnt important, but try playing noob vs cyrax on hell stage or courtyard and you will see several slowdown and framerate issues. THAT is gamebreaking imo...

1man3letters

well as
Actually xray lag imo.isnt important, but try playing noob vs cyrax on hell stage or courtyard and you will see several slowdown and framerate issues. THAT is gamebreaking imo...

seeing as all majors are on ps3 its kind of a mute point anyway
hell stage is a banned stage along with street so again thats a mute point, it cant be played in tournies so it doesnt exsist to me, same with kratos
courtyard??? thats like one of the least laggy stages in the game,on the rare occasions i do go online i pick that stage for that reason

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
QFT. I've tried 1000x to pull off Cyrax's more complicated resets along with some other relatively-not-that-hard tricks, and no matter how I time it, it'll connect maybe once in a really blue moon.
Fuck, just today I played THIS matchup, and at least 3 times, Noob woke up with Shadow Slide, I answered with 33 Net, and I won every time without the Slide even touching me.
Some folks are lucky enough that they've played through issue-free, but stuff like this has always happened to me on PS3.

MKK hanzo

well as

seeing as all majors are on ps3 its kind of a mute point anyway
hell stage is a banned stage along with street so again thats a mute point, it cant be played in tournies so it doesnt exsist to me, same with kratos
courtyard??? thats like one of the least laggy stages in the game,on the rare occasions i do go online i pick that stage for that reason
Banning stages... Its.not Smash Bros... And... Im talking exclusively offlinr enviroment.

I dont care about fanboy console wars I wanna prove that both games are identical in gameplay (not counting performance)

1man3letters

Banning stages... Its.not Smash Bros... And... Im talking exclusively offlinr enviroment.

I dont care about fanboy console wars I wanna prove that both games are identical in gameplay (not counting performance)

i only talk about offline enviroment
well stages are banned already so it wouldnt be a new thing (hell,kratos stage)

im not trying to be fanboyish either, im just saying ive played on both consoles and ps3 runs better, again hence why all majors are on ps3, there 2 different consoles there bound to be slight differences

Aside from that, are there combos, traps, resets etc stuff that are console specific?

Thx guys for your time.

There is input delay and frame-rate slowdown on X-Ray's on PS3. Also certain stages tend to lag more (ie: Hell Stage).

Aside from that, the balance is all the same.

The reason it is played on PS3 over XBox360 in tournaments is because too many people prefer to play on the PS3 pad.