What's new

I'm New, I Suck... and That's Pretty Much It.

watch out for Kung Lao and Sonya
I've been finding it pretty easy to beat Kung Lao with Smoke. Sonya was a bit more tough to get used to, but you just have to keep your mind on spacing and trying to bait the player to doing certain moves which can be punished easily.

I've improved a WHOLE lot since I started playing MK for the winter break period. I've learned to successfully be defensive and be a proper zoner and anti-zoner with Smoke. I still have a long way to go since I still get so nervous that I still make irrational, impulsive moves when there's a 100% chance for a block and a punish. I still need to improve my zoning and offensive skills with Smoke though.

Well, let me refine the way I used the word "easy." Easy as in against the players I've been playing against online I've either beat most of them, or held up a really good match against them.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Well, let me refine the way I used the word "easy." Easy as in against the players I've been playing against online I've either beat most of them, or held up a really good match against them.
This is the right place to find people who'll faceroll you.
Stand by for "WTF WAS THAT" moments. :D

Well, at first I would get completely destroyed against everybody. I've gotten much better with Smoke so that I don't lose as much that often. Though, when I find people that completely destroy me, I try to add them and offer to play them more to get better. It's a win-win situation; they get wins, I get experience and enough time to get better than them and others with similar playstyles, as well as learning more about the game and its characters.

Also, any advice for playing against a very good Raiden with Smoke?

Battlefield 1942 is an awesome game.

Basically I would just use MK9 as a learning game. Try and learn as much as possible and don't worry about winning.

Battlefield 1942 is an awesome game.
Hell yeah it is <3

Basically I would just use MK9 as a learning game. Try and learn as much as possible and don't worry about winning.
That's my goal :). I only get upset about losing when I make a dumb mistake or because of lag. Either way, my fault, and I still really enjoy the game.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Welcome to TYM. Be sure to check out the member map to see if anybody plays offline near you. Offline changes everything :)

Be sure to check out the member map to see if anybody plays offline near you.
I just checked it, and the only guy near me lives pretty far away. I added my location to the map though. Thanks for the heads up :D

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
The top tier characters take a bit longer to master. Smoke should be fair for a first timer since his start ups are easy but if you wanna go advanced, his resets will really pay off alot. Try learning combos that go above 30% and this goes for every character you want to choose but I would start meterless first. because for me it took me step by step to get better. Good luck pal.