What's new

General/Other Im Looking for the Best Catwoman on this site. Help me

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I play Catwomen(nothing but these days) and I know this will rub people the wrong way, but lets not be overly optimistic about Catwomen being played competitively in this game. A character that has no keep away at all will never win against pros. She will NEVER win a major tourney. Ever. Someone may come close on a flukey day, but will ultimately fall short. When all is said and done, I'll be back to say I told you so.

Catwomen against people who like to get in and fight. Alley Cat when playing against zoners(who do it right!).

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
A character that has no keep away at all will never win against pros.
Aquaman is being heavily toted for top 3 minimum, despite having no keep away (no, trident throw and FTD aren't keepaway tools).

webreg

Noob
I don't think there is someone who plays her good enough to be considered. This has nothing to do with the quality of the players maining her but with the character itself. I can't even hit some of her best combos offline in training mode more than 50% of the time. CatWoman is probably the worst character for online play because she is so execution heavy and strict. She has all the tools needed to succeed but in order to use her to her full potential an experienced high execution player would need to invest a serious amount of training into her. And this is the problem. Why invest so much effort and time when you could just choose another character and do equally well with less resources spent or do better with equal resources spent. She also has some troubling match-ups that make the fight an uphill battle.

Under_The_Mayo knows the character the best and probably has the execution down but as he states himself he lacks the practice of real matches and has no tournament experience as far as I know.

Krayzie probably has the most experience using her in real fights and matches. He has been reasonably successful. I have watched every match he played and that is available on video. From what I gathered he is not using all her tools and drops quite a few of the combos, especially the double F3 which seems to be a pivotal string that leads to all manner of shenanigans. I go so far and say that no one is yet capable of doing this string consistently under pressure.

RunawayMafia could be a wild card. I don't have enough footage of him. I would place him between the previous two though. Maybe not as knowledgeable as Mayo and maybe not as tournament savvy as Krayzie but certainly capable.

webreg has neither the execution nor the practice to succeed with any character let alone CatWoman. He/she is using a lot of fancy words although English isn't his/her native language. Pretentious and at times arrogant. Just ignore him/her.

If 16Bit would main and play her exclusively for an extended period of time then I guess she could go places and stand her ground against all those top tier "Mans". But why should he? He invests his time into Killer Frost. If he invests the same amount of time, practice and energy into CatWoman and Killer Frost then the chance of success are higher with Killer Frost.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Aquaman is being heavily toted for top 3 minimum, despite having no keep away (no, trident throw and FTD aren't keepaway tools).
He has two good options and can at least keep his opponents honest full screen. Catwomen on the other hand has no projectile and one option full screen in Catdash, but it requires meter burn and isn't safe, especially when opponents are aware of the spacing needed when fighting Catwomen.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I'm looking for the best kitty Kat players on TYM. I'd like to setup MMs at CEO and Evo as well as casual sets online

I wanna learn and see what's so devastating about this character .

Please post in here if you'd like to setup a quick cat woman gauntlet
Throwing my hat into the ring.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Out of curiosity. Is there any footage of you in action with the cat?
Hmm... nothing recent, unfortunately. I didn't record my sets with Foxy the other night... I should have. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2