What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Hey prep-time fans! Just here to say hello and let you all know that I can't wait to kick your ass when the game releases. I can't wait to send every one of you messages asking if you needed more prep-time when my Superman curb stomps batmans ass. Stay in the shadows where you belong Batman, you are facing actual super heroes now.

<3 a fan of heroes who don't need prep-time to win.

babalook

Noob
not sure how useful this is but after a MB DF1 in the corner you can hop over the opponent(corner yourself) then do a sky grapple which i believe gives a hard knockdown placing them back into the corner. If you take a step or two forward (not a dash) and do F3 it hits behind them if you just take a step in hits in front (it's pretty ambiguous). Could be character specific but it's kind of like seth's mix up after SPD were whether or not he hit in front of behind depends on how far he steps forward after his dash.

Seapeople

This one's for you
not sure how useful this is but after a MB DF1 in the corner you can hop over the opponent(corner yourself) then do a sky grapple which i believe gives a hard knockdown placing them back into the corner. If you take a step or two forward (not a dash) and do F3 it hits behind them if you just take a step in hits in front (it's pretty ambiguous). Could be character specific but it's kind of like seth's mix up after SPD were whether or not he hit in front of behind depends on how far he steps forward after his dash.
In longer combos it looks like there's not enough time to combo the sky grapple after the MB df1. Here's the best way I could find to do it:
223, f3 (the f3 puts you in the corner), j2, 1~sky grapple = 30%/34%

That loses 4% from the regular bnb (based on demo damage) but maybe there's a better combo. I like the set up :) F3 seems to go over some low attacks like Batman's slide, and you could even cancel it to stay a little safer.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Hey prep-time fans! Just here to say hello and let you all know that I can't wait to kick your ass when the game releases. I can't wait to send every one of you messages asking if you needed more prep-time when my Superman curb stomps batmans ass. Stay in the shadows where you belong Batman, you are facing actual super heroes now.

<3 a fan of heroes who don't need prep-time to win.
When we fuzzy guard your strings don't mind the kryptonite ring indentation on your jaw, we planned for it to be there.

<3

So hype for this game

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ok I just had an idea, but I am at work so if anyone can test this before me, feel free.

I had this theory for a pressure set up, so you hit confirm a j2 into 223 b3 etc. Instead of just ending the combo with b23 and sending bats to check their wake up from full screen. what about this?

j2 223 b3 df1MB 4 b23~bf3 4.

This whiffs the slide to put you right in their face. The idea behind it, is to bring out the bats during the stun of the MB grapple. Then send them after the slide whiffs to check their wakeup or make them block.

The only uncertainties I have are 1. is there enough time after the gun to bring out bats and still land b23, and 2. can they blow up the slide anyway at the end of the combo? Thoughts? The idea behind this is to get them to block the bats so you can recover from the slide and either come if for pressure or mix them up with a cross up...whatever you want to do.

CURBOLICOUS
Seapeople
Quantum_Mekanikz

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Also,

UsedForGlue

I was reading something about a very dirty setup you have seen using MB grapple into 112~bats. Like a borderline vortex. Care to shed some light?

xQUANTUMx

Ok I just had an idea, but I am at work so if anyone can test this before me, feel free.

I had this theory for a pressure set up, so you hit confirm a j2 into 223 b3 etc. Instead of just ending the combo with b23 and sending bats to check their wake up from full screen. what about this?

This whiffs the slide to put you right in their face. The idea behind it, is to bring out the bats during the stun of the MB grapple. Then send them after the slide whiffs to check their wakeup or make them block.

The only uncertainties I have are 1. is there enough time after the gun to bring out bats and still land b23, and 2. can they blow up the slide anyway at the end of the combo? Thoughts? The idea behind this is to get them to block the bats so you can recover from the slide and either come if for pressure or mix them up with a cross up...whatever you want to do.

CURBOLICOUS
Seapeople
Quantum_Mekanikz
I'll test out taking bats out mid combo today when I get home..only fast way ive gotten bats out so far is cancelling into dash and they still come out...mind you, ive barely started playing this game. if you have bats out already I don't see why it wouldn't be a worthy strategy to check a char with good wakeup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

xQUANTUMx

word. Well I will be home at like 430CDT if you are home, we can test this out. Hell, or just hit me up on FB if you get a chance to test it.
Oh and check your PMs
Shoot me a fb message, I'll hop on if I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Seapeople

This one's for you

CURBOLICOUS
Seapeople
Quantum_Mekanikz
It's kind of hard to bring the bats out after MB straight grapple. I'm not sure if it's possible but I'll try in a second. The main way I bring bats out mid combo is after b3 or f3. Check out this video: youtube.com/watch?v=fJUkM0RQKPc

Doing a slide after b23 normally leaves you at slight advantage (I'm not sure if it changes in high gravity combos), but you can just dash immediately after the b23 which puts you at the same place with a lot more time for set ups.

This is an idea for a vortex I thought up a while ago, but I don't think it's actually legit for a few reasons...Not sure if it's the one Usedforglue was talking about.
End any combo with MB straight grapple into 112~cb which gives you a guaranteed 11 followup. So the mix up from there is either 11(release bats)3 for the overhead, or 11(release bats)b1 for the low. The problems with it are that you have to spend meter, your bats will be on cooldown after one or two loops, they can escape with pushblock, and I'm pretty sure they can jump out of either of the last two hits (the 3 or b1). Lol it didn't really work like I hoped at first :(

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?

CURBOLICOUS
Seapeople
Quantum_Mekanikz
It can leave you at disadvantage though because batman still takes time to recovery from whiffed slide. I like do end combos with ex grapple hook and do neutral j 2 22, then 112 4 (if you have bat traits ready to come out) b23. They can't hit/jump/back dash/super after 112 bats, block stun is crazy and once its cancel into the bats you recover immediately and can go into b2.