What's new

I'm Dropping Noob. (Final match up chart)

Grolarbears Noob vs Subz 7-3? Sub-Zero forums on blast!? Lol

I got this MU as a 6-4. It's easy to keep Subz out of his face, and his zoning works well in this MU. Just need to be aware of the corner and trading with ice ball. If Subz gets the life lead, or if Noob gets put in jail, it can definitely make the MU hard to win. That's why it's not a 7-3 IMO.
I pick on Sub Zero, but in all seriousness, I just feel like it is so easy for Noob to throw one shadow and keep the lifelead for the rest of the game. Every ice ball SZ tries to throw is easily teleslammed (like I go and make a cup of tea and come back to put the input in), then SZ has to try to rush Noob down with shoddy rush down tools. It's not that I disrespect Sub or the people who play him, I just feel Noob dominates this mu. CharlieMurphy makes a great point, though. The number in this mu doesn't really matter.

Ugh here we go again lol, cage definitely beats noob.
I love you and this is what I look forward to every time I put input on that mu. <3 lol

I would call Reptile-Noob at least a 6-4 in his favor, but what do I know? ;_;
THTB has said that it is 5-5 more recently, but C88_Nitemare is working on his Reptile more and more, so as he gets better I may change the number, but I think Noob's just need to learn to play this mu better.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I pick on Sub Zero, but in all seriousness, I just feel like it is so easy for Noob to throw one shadow and keep the lifelead for the rest of the game. Every ice ball SZ tries to throw is easily teleslammed (like I go and make a cup of tea and come back to put the input in), then SZ has to try to rush Noob down with shoddy rush down tools. It's not that I disrespect Sub or the people who play him, I just feel Noob dominates this mu. CharlieMurphy makes a great point, though. The number in this mu doesn't really matter.

I love you and this is what I look forward to every time I put input on that mu. <3 lol

THTB has said that it is 5-5 more recently, but C88_Nitemare is working on his Reptile more and more, so as he gets better I may change the number, but I think Noob's just need to learn to play this mu better.
After sitting there for literally 24 hours straight with HGTV Ermacio plus countless more hours playing the Noob vs. cage matchup, I feel like my opinion is valid lol sorry.

I thinks it more based on.... you never have to ever break a midscreen noob combo.
You just have to play the shadows patiently. 90% of players just won't accept that blocking 5 shadows is worth it... because you'll pay him back triple with a combo.

Noob SZ is an awkward MU in general.
It's an awkward MU indeed. It would be 5-5 if Subz could do more to Noob in the the neutral game, but all he really has is the Ice Ball trade. However, if he can secure the life lead it can be a ruff day for Noob. Even if Subz has the life lead he still can't effectively turtle, or throw out Ice Balls.

My generally strategy against Subz is to simply run away while getting little pieces of damage. Ultimate drawing him to the corner where I can get my real damage, setups, and shenanigans. It dangerous because of Subz corner game, but fuck it lol

I never understood why people break Noob's midscreen combos lol. All you need to know is his shenanigans.

Reactions: RYX
After sitting there for literally 24 hours straight with HGTV Ermacio plus countless more hours playing the Noob vs. cage matchup, I feel like my opinion is valid lol sorry.
I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, man. But I don't feel like mine is, you know? I feel like I play that mu better than any Noob I've seen play it. I know we've both made our statements as to why it's one way or another, but I mean no disrespect. I also hate just talking about mus theoretically anymore, because it gets us nowhere. I would really just like to play you. :) We can agree to disagree until then, imo. I'm the only Noob who will say it's even anyway, and I'll stand by that. I'm excited to play you when I finally get the chance.

Reactions: RYX

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, man. But I don't feel like mine is, you know? I feel like I play that mu better than any Noob I've seen play it. I know we've both made our statements as to why it's one way or another, but I mean no disrespect. I also hate just talking about mus theoretically anymore, because it gets us nowhere. I would really just like to play you. :) We can agree to disagree until then, imo. I'm the only Noob who will say it's even anyway, and I'll stand by that. I'm excited to play you when I finally get the chance.
I didn't mean that I thought your opinion was less valid than mine either, I jsut meant that I feel I know what I am talking about. You goig to either operation wolf or winter brawl? (I have no idea where you are from lol)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
O and meanwhile, maybe me and Ermacio can record some matches of it, and see what you say he should change about the way he plays it, and see how I adjust, that way it will not be all theory fighting.

I didn't mean that I thought your opinion was less valid than mine either, I jsut meant that I feel I know what I am talking about. You goig to either operation wolf or winter brawl? (I have no idea where you are from lol)
I'm from Louisiana. There is an off chance I may go to Winter Brawl. Other than that, we'll have to wait it seems. :p Also, I know you know what you're talking about, but I want to play this mu the way I think it's meant to be played.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'm from Louisiana. There is an off chance I may go to Winter Brawl. Other than that, we'll have to wait it seems. :p Also, I know you know what you're talking about, but I want to play this mu the way I think it's meant to be played.
Ok me and ermacio will still record some matches next weekend or so (give him some time to work with noob again) and see what you think. It is such a wierd match haha.

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
I think you are spot on with the matchups of the characters I play (Cage, Sektor, Ermac) or have played at least. Cage - Noob is 5-5 I know I'm in the minority with you on that. I don't even wanna talk about that particular match because peoples minds are made up on that one. You are the only Noob I've played that made me think this character might be decent. Regardless though I know you will do well with Raiden and we need to make sure at D-town we run a little noob-cage since we didn't get to yesterday.

Ok me and ermacio will still record some matches next weekend or so (give him some time to work with noob again) and see what you think. It is such a wierd match haha.
It's one of the most intense/fun match ups in the game, imo. I'll be happy to watch the video. I've been wanting to see Ermacio play for some time, so this is a great idea.

Grolarbears I agree Noob wins that MU definitely.

Why are Noob's MUs so controversial? Lol

How do you feel about the Kitana and Cage MU?
Quite frankly, it's because he's a bad character that oddly excels in certain mus. Also, are you asking me how I specifically feel about those matches?

I think you are spot on with the matchups of the characters I play (Cage, Sektor, Ermac) or have played at least. Cage - Noob is 5-5 I know I'm in the minority with you on that. I don't even wanna talk about that particular match because peoples minds are made up on that one. You are the only Noob I've played that made me think this character might be decent. Regardless though I know you will do well with Raiden and we need to make sure at D-town we run a little noob-cage since we didn't get to yesterday.
Yes! I had forgotten since so much was going on, but we will definitely play the match up at D-Town. Thank you for reminding me. Sektor sucks, man.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
It's one of the most intense/fun match ups in the game, imo. I'll be happy to watch the video. I've been wanting to see Ermacio play for some time, so this is a great idea.
He is too busy forcing me to switch to sonya with kenshi and kabal now to play noob lol but I am sure he will gladly play him again. There is some footage of him in tournament against GGA Han somewhere as well. And the exciting part about this matchup is that it is so dynamic. Cage can get zoned out all game, have 5 percent left, make one read and come all the way back.

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
Yes! I had forgotten since so much was going on, but we will definitely play the match up at D-Town. Thank you for reminding me. Sektor sucks, man.
I completely agree. As sektor when I play noob I just sit full screen all day and chunk missiles and wait for you to teleport and punish or IATU you if you throw a shadow. Even if you block my IATU I'm not too worried about losing 20%. Also if you try and rush sektor all his footsie tools outrange you. I think noob must get sektor to the corner to win that one. Definitely seems like it could be a 3-7.

Quite frankly, it's because he's a bad character that oddly excels in certain mus. Also, are you asking me how I specifically feel about those matches?
Yeah that's what I'm asking.

Vs Cage once he gets in I get fucked against a good Cage. I got it 4-6

Vs Kitana she should just rush him down. Most Kitana's love the runaway throw 1000 fans strategy but it doesn't work well vs Noob. I got that MU 4-6 a well.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hmm, I'm no Noob player but some of the reasoning behind his supposed bad matchups seems a little off... why do Noob players get shat on for saying the Cage matchup isn't bad? Yes he has to work a little harder and take more risks to apply his shenanigans and space control than say Freddy or Kenshi but it still gets the job done. And as a Scorpion player I can relate to players not taking the matchup as seriously as they should be, I still smh at Madzin winning that online tourney pretty much just with D1~Upknee alone (and even at MLG Dallas people were still falling for it..)

That said, I agree with 5-5 for Noob/Scorp. More or less comes down to Noob not having an answer to the vortex even if he guesses right but Scorp won't have many opportunities to start his vortex in the first place.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I know the game has evolved since I last played, but mannnnn....Smoke-Noob always struck me as 7-3 in Smoke's favor. I can't remember ever losing to one. lol. Seeing Madzin play against Gross kinda reaffirmed that. He just outfootsies and kills Noob's zoning--roughly 90% of Noob's game.

I mean, if people believe Smoke beats Kenshi 6-4, then he HAS to beat Noob at least 7-3. I think the only way to see how fucked up that MU is is by playing someone like Wafflez. lol.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Hmm, I'm no Noob player but some of the reasoning behind his supposed bad matchups seems a little off... why do Noob players get shat on for saying the Cage matchup isn't bad? Yes he has to work a little harder and take more risks to apply his shenanigans and space control than say Freddy or Kenshi but it still gets the job done. And as a Scorpion player I can relate to players not taking the matchup as seriously as they should be, I still smh at Madzin winning that online tourney pretty much just with D1~Upknee alone (and even at MLG Dallas people were still falling for it..)

That said, I agree with 5-5 for Noob/Scorp. More or less comes down to Noob not having an answer to the vortex even if he guesses right but Scorp won't have many opportunities to start his vortex in the first place.
Cage is bad for noob because every possible guessing game in the matchup is in cage's favor. Just look at the frame data.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Cage is bad for noob because every possible guessing game in the matchup is in cage's favor. Just look at the frame data.
Which counts for nothing if you're unable to force Noob into a position where he absolutely has to guess/read. Everybody knew how unsafe Noob's stuff was before Somberness even posted his frame data and nobody considered it bad back then, infact, it was almost unanimously considered to be in Noob's favor. My point is just because Freddy/Kenshi might be much higher on everybody's shitlist nowadays doesn't magically make the Noob matchup any easier, for anyone.

To put it into perspective, it's like me saying Cage/Scorp is 5-5 if someone found a bunch of anti-Scorp tech with Sonya. It doesn't do anything to change the Cage matchup, it just makes Sonya even worse.

But go with whatever you feel like, I'm just trying to improve the discipline the community has when evaluating a matchup, unlike a certain faction who are sitting on thousands of dollars and still spend their time preaching on this website, trying to mould the tier list into what they want it to be in a desperate attempt to make them feel better about their own inadequacies. *waves at matchup police*

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Which counts for nothing if you're unable to force Noob into a position where he absolutely has to guess/read. Everybody knew how unsafe Noob's stuff was before Somberness even posted his frame data and nobody considered it bad back then, infact, it was almost unanimously considered to be in Noob's favor. My point is just because Freddy/Kenshi might be much higher on everybody's shitlist nowadays doesn't magically make the Noob matchup any easier, for anyone.

To put it into perspective, it's like me saying Cage/Scorp is 5-5 if someone found a bunch of anti-Scorp tech with Sonya. It doesn't do anything to change the Cage matchup, it just makes Sonya even worse.

But go with whatever you feel like, I'm just trying to improve the discipline the community has when evaluating a matchup, unlike a certain faction who are sitting on thousands of dollars and still spend their time preaching on this website, trying to mould the tier list into what they want it to be in a desperate attempt to make them feel better about their own inadequacies. *waves at matchup police*
I get what you are saying, but the matchup changed because people realized how good cage's footsies are and how much easier it is to get in than previously thought, nothing to do with frame data. Go through the link that I posted earlier to read how cage beats noob. But meanwhile, how does cage not force noob to guess? That is what this game is, guesses and reads. And when did I mention anything about Freddy or Kenshi? I'm confused about that lol.