What's new

Tech "I'll Kill Ya, Bastich!" The Lobo Tech Thread

Since most of the tech we've all come up for the character was being placed in my thread for a particular setup, I've decided to make one thread to house all of the tech we have so far for this character.

Post all tech here. Be sure to post the opponent's options in each scenario. Also, be as informative or descriptive about your findings, so we can all understand what and how it works.

For starters, here's one of my first pieces of tech for Lobo: a setup from B12 xx MB Hook Charge, which leaves you at enough advantage to do an ambiguous cross-up, or go for your typical high/low/grab mix-ups. When the opponent is put in this situation, they can wake-up out of it, so you must train them to not wake-up to fully abuse this setup. Another thing to be wary of in this setup is spacing, since B12 xx MB Hook Charge is a spacing/character dependant link. Here is the characters and spacing needed for said setup.

b12 xx MB bf3 works at any range:

Batman
Nightwing
Flash
Joker
Solomon Grundy
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Doomsday
Bane

b12 xx MB bf3 whiffs at far range ("far" varies in range. It's hard to be specific. Sorry. Unless otherwise noted, it whiffs from max range until a certain proximity, typically about 1/3 of the way closer from max range.):

Lobo
Harley Quinn
Cyborg (sometimes - seems to be a very specific range just closer than max range)
Green Arrow
Superman (max range)
Zod (sometimes - seems to be a very specific range just closer than max range)
Catwoman (only hits at essentially point blank)
Deathstroke
Scorpion
Ares (when crouching)
Killer Frost (only hits at essentially point blank)
Shazam
Green Lantern
Batgirl (have to be very close to hit)
Black Adam

b12 xx MB bf3 whiffs at close range:

Raven

b12 xx bf3 works at any range:

Flash (usually hits - couldn't figure this one out)
Solomon Grundy
Lex Luthor
Doomsday
Bane

b12 xx bf3 works at far range (this is generally very difficult/unreliable and requires a specific range a little closer than max range):

Lobo
Joker
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Zod
Aquaman
Scorpion
Ares (noticeably easier than the others, but still difficult)

b12 xx bf3 doesn't work:

Batman
Nightwing
Harley Quinn
Superman
Catwoman
Deathstroke
Raven
Shazam
Green Lantern
Batgirl
Black Adam

Here is the setup in question:

Here is a setup that is used during the standard Lobo BnB (starter, Czar Toss MB, B3, ender). Rolling out of this setup is futile, since they roll into Lobo and get meaty toss'd. Not rolling leads to the same scenario. Once again, the opponent MUST wake-up to get out of this, but there is a catch: The inputs are reversed for their input. As an example, Superman tries to wake-up with Flying Grab during this setup, but since the inputs have been reversed for him in this scenario, he ends up doing Super Breath, leaving him open for a whiff-punish. Credit to BGMD for thinking up the concept of this setup.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/they-dont-call-me-the-main-man-for-nothing-the-lobo-general-discussion-thread.31239/page-15#post-1048575

In the link above, I discovered a way to reliably reverse the opponent's wake-up after knocking them down in the corner from a raw Party Crasher. The resulting damage leads to a not-so-surprising 50% for 1 bar. The Jump 3 in the setup is a cross-up, just like the usual follow-up Party Crasher after a raw Party Crasher. More information on the setup is in the post above.

Following up with more corner anti-wakeup tech, Jon Berg and prycemonsta found multiple ways to reverse the opponent's wakeup using some of Lobo's BnB strings (B2u1 and 113).

and check these posts out for prycemonsta's version.
Now for something that's a little match-up specific: Chaosphere found a way for Lobo to battle with Grundy's Walking Corpse attack. It should be noted that, the strings listed in the thread are throw invincible at a certain period of time, so this can be applied to other command grabs as well, like Bane's or possibly Grundy's trait grab.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/quick-grundy-tip-how-to-blow-up-walking-corpse.36886/ The first 3 posts of the thread detail how to battle WC and the hazards of doing this when Grundy might WCC (or Walking Corpse cancel).

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I'm currently working on a Anti-wake up spreadsheet. He has something, someway to beat every single wake up in the game, so I am going to research and find a way to destroy each and every one of them..

Radish

Defining Definitions
I'm looking into something myself. If I get anywhere I'll make sure to post it up.