What's new

IGN - Kitana variation, plus MKX characters hinted at

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I truly hope Sonya is only in the story mode ...If she was in the roster that would be a waste of a spot .. We already have a hybrid of her that is the whole point of these new "Descendant characters' to replace the former..

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
how the fuck does that look like jax? that's the last thing i thought of when i saw that lol, if anything maybe it's a relative or something

are we gonna see like a robotic looking guy with a sword next and be like KENSHI CONFIRMED HE HAS A SWORD

trufenix

bye felicia
how the fuck does that look like jax? that's the last thing i thought of when i saw that lol, if anything maybe it's a relative or something

are we gonna see like a robotic looking guy with a sword next and be like KENSHI CONFIRMED HE HAS A SWORD
people have been jumping to insane conclusions all day. Its like NRS christmas.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think if NRS gives Kitana a green costume it would not feel that weird when playing the Jade variation.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
RIP Jade. May you rest in peace in the Edenian porcelain throne.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Couple points. First, that Jax face doesn't look like Jax, if it's confirmed, fine, but the face is wrong.

I feel like they are always trying to find a way to keep Johnny cage out even tho he's one of the top 4-5 most iconic MK characters. Maybe I'm just saying that cuz he was left out of 3, I donno. Just seems he's shoulder to shoulder with sub and scorps.

No Noob sighting yet? He was one of the most bad ass looking ninjas in mk9 and I'm dying to see him get the X treatment. Seriously these are the coolest models in a game Iv ever seen. The ninja outfits? Sick....well except Ermac, he looks whack.

Relax, mileena is for sure in, she's too popular to leave out.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Not gonna lie I've never been that crazy about Kitana but her costume, strings, and parry all look awesome. You might call me a FAN now

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Damn, I'm going to wait for an official deconfirm but I'm not happy about this. Think of the variations they could have made with Jade (Staff, Boomerang, Glow Stance). Yet they just add the staff to Kitana's arsenal. Seems kind of lazy. What's next, a Ninja Robot with a Cyrax, Cyber Sub & Sektor variations?

I guess I am pissed. Maybe they want to do away with the Ninja females and let it go back to Kitana & Mileena. Just add Tanya or Ashrah and we will call it even.

But who knows, maybe this shimmery woman in my profile will make it instead.

Last edited:
Jeez why does ANYONE A give a shit about Jade she was a trash character. Her personality was almost on par with Reptile aka nonexistent. And MK characters aren't even known for their personalities in the first place.

Also, why is it called the mournful variation when people come back to life more in MK than characters in DBZ do? Kitana should already fucking know this

Jeez why does ANYONE A give a shit about Jade she was a trash character.
Because different opinions, bro!
Her personality was almost on par with Reptile aka nonexistent.
I think I recall Jade speaking lines in MK9's story mode and being quite sarcastic with a little bit of a superior attitude towards the Emperor's lackeys, unlike our lizard friend Reptile; whom only whispered something in Shang Tsung's ear and made growling and snarling sounds everywhere else.
And MK characters aren't even known for their personalities in the first place.
Are they? Oh yeah: ice ball and get over here!
Also, why is it called the mournful variation when people come back to life more in MK than characters in DBZ do? Kitana should already fucking know this
Three things:

1. The events of MK4, MKD, MKDA and MKArmageddies may or may not have happened with the timeline changes in MK9, so Kitana may not have been able to take notice of all the resurrections by the events of MKX.
2. One cannot trust an in-universe character to know exactly how many times a person has been brought back to life unless his name is Quan Chi.
3. Maybe Jade is still dead by the events of MKX and Kitana feels too mournful about it to wait until she returns.

Jeez why does ANYONE A give a shit about Jade she was a trash character. Her personality was almost on par with Reptile aka nonexistent. And MK characters aren't even known for their personalities in the first place.

Please.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

HJSDNKALNFKJLSAJKFALKC
Doesn't this deconfirm Cyrax and Rain?

The article is saying that in Living Tower Mode modifications can be added to a fight, and that two of the mods were named after Cyrax and Rain. So say one add on is you can use a shield that absorbs projectiles, another an extra attack, and one is use of bombs called Cyrax or a water bubble called Rain.

That's what it sounds like to me, and I don't think that would be the case if they were in the game. I doubt we'll be seeing the ability to toss an add on hat called "Kung Lao" in the Tower Mode.