What's new

IGN - Kitana variation, plus MKX characters hinted at

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
jax and sonya are in...

I'm gonna be honest. So far I'm REALLY disliking the MKX roster.

There's one character that I care. Kung Lao.

Ermac got a slender build which I'm really not a fan of.

Reptile's... eh

Never was a fan of Scorpion.

Sub-Zero looks a lot better than he was in MK9 so he might grow on me.

Haven't liked Raiden since MK:DA which had BY FAR his best outfits.

The rest of the characters do nothing for me.

Where's Shinnok? Liu Kang? Johnny Cage? Rain? Fujin? Shang Tsung? Sektor? Baraka?

I fucking hope that Rain hasn't been made into an assist on Towers only. That's not fan service. That's mockery.
Well aren't you a picky son of a bitch? Mr. HardToPlease

Exactly how I feel at this point. I love Kitana, but don't combine the two in a variation. Ugh...Jade would have been amazing in this game.
Yeah dude it's messed up. Kitana is highly iconic and unique. Does she really needs gimmicks like this? Κitana with a purple staff feels weird… Subzero should have a Smoke variation as well then.:eek:
I do hope they haven't followed the same route with the cyborgs too..

Also I foresee Jade fans called emo when they pick Mournful Kitana:D

Last hope: This is all just a living tower modification gimmick. Ιf Jade is out , let it be. Just have a true and inspired Kitana

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Yeah dude it's messed up. Kitana is highly iconic and unique. Does she really needs gimmicks like this? Κitana with a purple staff feels weird… Subzero should have a Smoke variation as well then.:eek:
I do hope they haven't followed the same route with the cyborgs too..

Also I foresee Jade fans called emo when they pick Mournful Kitana:D

Last hope: This is all just a living tower modification gimmick. Ιf Jade is out , let it be. Just have a true and inspired Kitana
Well remember in Jades ending in MK9 she was possessed or whatever by that Goddess woman....maybe SHE is in the game? I don't know. I'm grasping at straws lol.

To be honest, at this point, I'm definitely going to main the shit out of this "mournful" variation!

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I like the idea of "Mournful" Kitana. It shows that the character has been changed and affected by story events, which is something that rarely happens in fighting games. The story has always been something that has set MK apart, and I like how they are making it have some impact on certain characters. I understand Jade lovers are mournful as well, but at least her death has meant something to the story and Kitana in particular. Well done, NRS.

RIP Jade/Skarlet, if I did play kitana it would only be this stab happy version that I see in the trailer, shades of skarlet, and I'd play staff, never was a fan of the fans...KITANA STOLE MY MAIN! Lol
But Rain was "Marshall to Mathers" and was at least referenced - with Skarlet's chances being "Slim to Shady" I still have a little hope