What's new

IGN Article Includes More Hands-On MK:X Information; Tidbits for Cassie and Kotal Kahn

Reaper040

Mortal
I did notice that there will be a breaker system again, once Scorpion built his 2nd bar at 2:42 the word "breaker" popped up in the corner on D'vorah's meter bar. So there's that :DOGE

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Does Kotal Kahn have a moustache? Seriously? I mean, I could picture myself playing him if he didn't have a ridiculous moustache. I think I'm going for Sub-zero, and maybe Ferra/Torr, so far.

E

Eldriken

I did notice that there will be a breaker system again, once Scorpion built his 2nd bar at 2:42 the word "breaker" popped up in the corner. So there's that :DOGE
Breakers were used in the 12 minute video that showed the gameplay.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
@CrimsonShadow @STORMS something pretty important here that I KNOW everyone on TYM is chomping at the bit for more info about (my own highlighting. edit: you're welcome for pro-colorcoding):

"More interesting tidbits I found by scouring the interface: full move lists, including frame data, are available in game just like Injustice had, and more interestingly, there were five move slots listed under the “Finishing Moves” tab. There were four in MK9 – Two fatalities, a stage fatality, and a Babality. So what’s the fifth one? Brutality? Animality? Friendship? Hopefully we get the answer to that question, and more in the not-too-distant future."

gosoxtim

Kombatant
@CrimsonShadow @STORMS you guys missed something pretty important here that I KNOW everyone on TYM is chomping at the bit for more info about (my own highlighting):

"More interesting tidbits I found by scouring the interface: full move lists, including frame data, are available in game just like Injustice had, and more interestingly, there were five move slots listed under the “Finishing Moves” tab. There were four in MK9 – Two fatalities, a stage fatality, and a Babality. So what’s the fifth one? Brutality? Animality? Friendship? Hopefully we get the answer to that question, and more in the not-too-distant future."
i wonder if we will get animality this time eb boon tweeted about animality once

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@CrimsonShadow @STORMS something pretty important here that I KNOW everyone on TYM is chomping at the bit for more info about (my own highlighting. edit: you're welcome for pro-colorcoding):

1 fatality per fighting style, 3 in total.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Maaaaaaan this all sounds so amazing. The only thing I'm not sure how I feel about is the meter burnable throws that you can combo off of.. seems a bit too easy to me. I really REALLY hope they'll show Kotal and Cassie later today at the IGN stage demo.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Maaaaaaan this all sounds so amazing. The only thing I'm not sure how I feel about is the meter burnable throws that you can combo off of.. seems a bit too easy to me. I really REALLY hope they'll show Kotal and Cassie later today at the IGN stage demo.
They don't combo, they just restand your opponent and leaves you at like +12 or something

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
1 fatality per fighting style, 3 in total.
Nop, Sub Zero in the trailer performed the spid0ne break fatality with the glowing lin kuei medallion on, and then performed it in the E3 Live show with the frozen arms style.

I do hope we get 3 normal fatalities... tho... the other 2 could be stage and whatever as far as Im concerned... Or it could just be 5 fatalities which would be even better

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
K. Kahn sounds solid, just hope they balance that stuff out with the power ups, heal beams etc.

And I welcome the classic hollywood shades back for Cassie Cage(just this time please don't inherit your father's lame frame traps ok?) Ok :)

Good to hear that you can play Torr without Ferra.

Danger317

Apprentice
''Kotal Khan on the other hand, has a style that allows him to summon totems that buff him for as long as they remain on screen. He can even summon a persistent beam of sunlight that deals damage when an enemy passes through it, but heals him if he stands under it.''
IKR?! First ability sounds similar to Jarvan from League of Legends flag toss. 2nd sounds like Cyborg heal/Quan Chi pillars mixed. Might be a day one char to main lol.