What's new

IGN Article Includes More Hands-On MK:X Information; Tidbits for Cassie and Kotal Kahn

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
IGN sat down and spent some time with MK:X at E3, and their impressions contain some tidbits of new info about the game. Among them, that Cassie Cage has a "Hollywood" style which grants her a pair of shades and a mid-air double-gun attack; that one of Torr's stances gives up his riding partner Ferra in exchange for enhanced grappling abilities; and that one of Kotal Kahn's stances summons pillars that buff him for the duration of time that they appear onscreen. In addition, Kotal Kahn can call forth a beam of energy that restores his health when he passes underneath it, but deals damage to his enemy.

With everything announced so far, Mortal Kombat X seems to be somewhat crazier, zanier, and more-over the top than the last iteration in the series. With so many new mechanics in play, it'll be interesting to see how players make use of all of them. For more information, check the full article below:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/11/brutality-and-possibility-in-mortal-kombat-x

What are your impressions so far? Let us know what you think!

Attachments

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

The article also says that the stances alter the strings available to the character in addition to their special moves.

If that's accurate, counterpicking might be one heck of a necessity in MK:X.
If that's the case, would we essentially have 72 characters to pick from? I mean, not LITERALLY 72 characters, but it would almost feel if that were the case, y'know?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
If that's the case, would we essentially have 72 characters to pick from? I mean, not LITERALLY 72 characters, but it would almost feel if that were the case, y'know?
Indeed. I originally thought people were exaggerating when they said each character would feel like 3 since I imagined the only thing that changed was the special moves. If they have different strings and ergo different frame data then it really WILL feel like 72 characters.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd imagine there's probably a lot of overlap -- but I'm curious to see if the movesets were pared down for each style in order to divide them among 3 different ones.

I'm curious to see if anyone who's at E3 can get some more info :)

E

Eldriken

I'd imagine there's probably a lot of overlap -- but I'm curious to see if the movesets were pared down for each style in order to divide them among 3 different ones.

I'm curious to see if anyone who's at E3 can get some more info :)
Yeah, it's ridiculous how antsy I am for more information. I feel like I've already got my main (Kahn) and only 1/6 of roster has been revealed.

I might just decide to main the whole effin' roster depending on what the rest of them look like.

I. AM. SO. HYPE.