What's new

IGAU Story Mode Discussion

- Why is Lex Luthor THE ONLY CHARACTER in the game who has an entirely different personality than all of the others? He is the only one who was good the entire time and even Supermans friend.
- Why can Superman burn through Shazams skull? Superman is not that powerful, even when he is not holding back.
- Why does Shazam struggle with a little bit of ice holding his lips together? He is stronger than that.
- Why didn't Superman hear it, when Flash decided to leave the Regime and had a fight with Green Lantern? Superman was in the building.
- Harley can take punches from Shazam thanks to the kryptonian pill, but why can she hurt powerhouses with her gunshots?
- If Batman has enough strenght to punch a power house through multiple buildings, then why does he need a bunch of power houses, just to get to a case, which is buried only one meter in the ground and covered in a piece of rock? Why didn't he dig it out with his bare hands and destroy the rock around the case with well placed punches? Why didn't Wonder Woman do it?

And the final question:
Why are there sooo many characters in this game and somehow shoehorned into the story, even though they didn't have ANY purpose at all?
Doomsday (the mind control is a BS reason), Solomon Grundy, Hawkgirl, Killer Frost, Catwoman & Bane (YAY, DEM DARK KNIGHT RISES SALES!) and probably even few others, but right now I'm being very generous.
Ed Boon said that the roster would consist out of characters who you simply need to have in the game, because they're so iconic and that they would also include characters, who make sense, because of the story in the game. But who are these characters in the story? There is not even one single character, who makes sense in the story and even some of obvious picks don't do jackshit in the story.

A good chunk of the roster is a WTF moment on itself.
Shazam and Black Adam were terribly underpowered in the game. It's funny that Deathstroke, Flash and Aquaman have no problem beating Black Adam and Shazam when they're normally considered on the same power level as Superman. Apparently the writers were not really familiar with the characters, they should have hired some writers from DC and not John Vogel and some other random guys

It would have been really cool if Ares had been planning this all along so the war/conflict would make him super-powerful . Instead of making him what he is supposed to be they made him a punching bag

Cup-O-Joker

Just an ordinary Cup o' Joe, just with some spice.
For some reason, I was expecting to have a fight between Superman and Batman in the story mode. I know it seems a bit far-fetched, but couldn't they just have said Batman had some kryptonite, or he took that pill that made him stronger?

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
Well even the generics were on the "Pill" that manipulated their DNA to correlate with the Kryptonian code. (Lazy Writing). And apparently the game seems to put everyone on an "Even" playing field in terms of viability. Which would explain why Black Adam wouldn't want to take on 5 to 10 people all on Super Man's scale. Also This superman is willing to Kill which is something you'd have to take into consideration. And as for flattening a city he had released Doomsday. Luthor had his share of fights blowing stuff up. When Batman first got there at the beginning, Metropolis didn't look like much to begin with anyway. (Which really hurts Super Man's claims). The cities always looked deserted.. which beckoned to question "who was he really saving/owning/protecting". Also there was a part where Super Man breaks character the mini game with Black Adam. Apparently the only scene with cars driving by and actual civilians... he tosses them at super man and instead of Super Man catching the civilian cars... he just blows them up killing the innocent without a 2nd thought. The story is cheesy/corny but its really good given the standard of fighting games. P4A and BlazBlue are rare exceptions in the story department.
Guilty Gear's been doing doing big story modes since X and it's a decade old.
DOA5 also had a beefy story mode where most of the cast were playable.

yeah IGAU's story mode sucked compared to MK,DOA5 and ASW's games' atleast it was better than SCV's*though only because it had cut-scenes and Arcade endings for the cast*

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
It's pretty funny that everyone was expecting Ares to have a major role in the game (even be the main antagonist) after he was announced and he turned out to be the most underpresented character in the whole roster
Raven who was the one everyone begged for didn't do jack shit either.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
It's pretty funny that everyone was expecting Ares to have a major role in the game (even be the main antagonist) after he was announced and he turned out to be the most underpresented character in the whole roster
It was because of MK vs. DC. THE BATTLE RAGE! IT CONSUMES ME!

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Some of the character interaction was sooo good
Some of the character interaction was sooo cheesy
Some of the character interaction wasn't there (hello half the cast, watcha doing all alone in the dark?)

Ultimately, much like with DLC Alternate skins, I should be put in charge of writing the story for Injustice 2.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Some of the character interaction wasn't there (hello half the cast, watcha doing all alone in the dark?)

Ultimately, much like with DLC Alternate skins, I should be put in charge of writing the story for Injustice 2.
This^
I would trust EGGXI to write a better story for Injustice 2... not like that is a challenging feat...

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I liked the story more then I like the MK9 story although I'm a true MK fan. I have no problems with Injustice. I just thought It was kind of fucked up how Superman killed Shazam the way he did. I take that back. I loved the story of Injustice.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I didn't mind the story- it was entertainment..

I would like to discuss the Superman boss battle in ladder battle.. When I won my first battle.. I felt bad for Superman... The memories flashing.. The Man of Steel struggling to stay out of the void..grunting.. Trying.. Step.. By step... Then BOOM..
I said to myself.. Well done!!!

Then I went online.. Saw how people used him there......

FUCK Superman.. Suck him into the void 500 times over!

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I didn't mind the story- it was entertainment..

I would like to discuss the Superman boss battle in ladder battle.. When I won my first battle.. I felt bad for Superman... The memories flashing.. The Man of Steel struggling to stay out of the void..grunting.. Trying.. Step.. By step... Then BOOM..
I said to myself.. Well done!!!

Then I went online.. Saw how people used him there......

FUCK Superman.. Suck him into the void 500 times over!
I never feel bad for Superman. I thought it was a fitting ending. :p

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I never feel bad for Superman. I thought it was a fitting ending. :p
No.. Really.. 1st ladder battle victory I did.. The whole absolute power corrupts absolutely.. And knowing the reason he was the way he was.. I did feel bad...

Then.. See my above thread..

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
The Injustice story was really disappointing. Felt like there was zero effort put into it. Luckily I was looking forward to the gameplay a hell of a lot more than the story. MK9's is amazing though, I'm playing it for literally about the tenth time now.

did you ever share with us your ideas for injustice 2?