What's new

IGAU Story Mode Discussion

This thread is created so the Injustice VIDEOGAME story ark will be discussed. Again only the videogame.I would like to get your opinions about the story ,was it good ?, did it suck ? (my personal opinion btw) .Was MK9's story better ?

Solo

Shadow Priest
Ehh... it was mediocre. If you didn't read the comics for Injustice, you was probably like wtf throughout the whole thing. Useless characters like Ares, Sinestro/GL, and Shazam/Black Adam.(What's the point in having both of them on the same side in the story.)

MK story was good until Sindel killed damn near everyone. That ruin the story for me. So, imo, Injustice is better than MK9. Nevertheless, it was still fun playing through them.

Personally if I'm going to give "Best story of all time" in terms of plot, development, characters, conciseness, and all that Utah Jazz. I have no choice but to give the crown to BlazBlue. However Mortal Kombats was kind of bogged down by the Sindel moment. Seemed like they jumped the shark lol. "Eh... we got a lot of characters and not a lot of time to kill'em off... Fuck it send Sindel in!"

Injustice is really good although we really didn't need the "Lex Luthor" quote at the beginning. It kind of was like "Don't worry none of this effects our world at the moment". Could've just let the shock set in once we started seeing doubles.

Well I think it was terrible. No character developement .Everyone was cut and paste good or bad . Good guys won very conveniently . Shazam - Black Adam were made to be MK9's Baraka aka. the character who everybody beat in story Did the guys at NRS had any idea about BA and Shazam ? BA took on the JSA,Doom Partol,Teen Titans and other powerful superheroes simultaneously and beat them He killed the Four Horsemen .Has trashed Superman many times and gets beat up by Green Arrow... seriously ?About Shazam believe me when I say he could have easily murdered (I mean beat pretty badly) Superman , Lex ''The lame ass'' Luthor , Deathstoke , Aquaman . Long story short they got almost every character match-up (non-gameplay wise) wrong. Also that scene were they uncover the kryptonite weapon was ridicoulus. The final battle was anti-climactic and totally expected . Aso everything was exadurated , for example when Superman said that he would flatten Metropolis and Gotham City I was expecting something like the JLA orbital beam or anyways something destructive . Tell me, how can you flatten a city about 1,200 square kilometres big with less than 100 men Abysmal writing if you ask me

Well I think it was terrible. No character developement .Everyone was cut and paste good or bad . Good guys won very conveniently . Shazam - Black Adam were made to be MK9's Baraka aka. the character who everybody beat in story Did the guys at NRS had any idea about BA and Shazam ? BA took on the JSA,Doom Partol,Teen Titans and other powerful superheroes simultaneously and beat them He killed the Four Horsemen .Has trashed Superman many times and gets beat up by Green Arrow... seriously ?About Shazam believe me when I say he could have easily murdered (I mean beat pretty badly) Superman , Lex ''The lame ass'' Luthor , Deathstoke , Aquaman . Long story short they got almost every character match-up (non-gameplay wise) wrong. Also that scene were they uncover the kryptonite weapon was ridicoulus. The final battle was anti-climactic and totally expected . Aso everything was exadurated , for example when Superman said that he would flatten Metropolis and Gotham City I was expecting something like the JLA orbital beam or anyways something destructive . Tell me, how can you flatten a city about 1,200 square kilometres big with less than 100 men Abysmal writing if you ask me

Well even the generics were on the "Pill" that manipulated their DNA to correlate with the Kryptonian code. (Lazy Writing). And apparently the game seems to put everyone on an "Even" playing field in terms of viability. Which would explain why Black Adam wouldn't want to take on 5 to 10 people all on Super Man's scale. Also This superman is willing to Kill which is something you'd have to take into consideration. And as for flattening a city he had released Doomsday. Luthor had his share of fights blowing stuff up. When Batman first got there at the beginning, Metropolis didn't look like much to begin with anyway. (Which really hurts Super Man's claims). The cities always looked deserted.. which beckoned to question "who was he really saving/owning/protecting". Also there was a part where Super Man breaks character the mini game with Black Adam. Apparently the only scene with cars driving by and actual civilians... he tosses them at super man and instead of Super Man catching the civilian cars... he just blows them up killing the innocent without a 2nd thought. The story is cheesy/corny but its really good given the standard of fighting games. P4A and BlazBlue are rare exceptions in the story department.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I thought it was a cool mix of Crisis on two earths, kingdom come, red son and justice lords.

And I thought the kryptonian DNA pill was just funny. It was so 'COMIC BOOKS'.

Defenestrator

I do windows
When you beat Superman in Battle mode, what is or why is there a "ghost" Supeman that gets sucked out into the Phantom Zone before the creature grabs Supes' body and drags it in?

Well even the generics were on the "Pill" that manipulated their DNA to correlate with the Kryptonian code. (Lazy Writing). And apparently the game seems to put everyone on an "Even" playing field in terms of viability. Which would explain why Black Adam wouldn't want to take on 5 to 10 people all on Super Man's scale. Also This superman is willing to Kill which is something you'd have to take into consideration. And as for flattening a city he had released Doomsday. Luthor had his share of fights blowing stuff up. When Batman first got there at the beginning, Metropolis didn't look like much to begin with anyway. (Which really hurts Super Man's claims). The cities always looked deserted.. which beckoned to question "who was he really saving/owning/protecting". Also there was a part where Super Man breaks character the mini game with Black Adam. Apparently the only scene with cars driving by and actual civilians... he tosses them at super man and instead of Super Man catching the civilian cars... he just blows them up killing the innocent without a 2nd thought. The story is cheesy/corny but its really good given the standard of fighting games. P4A and BlazBlue are rare exceptions in the story department.
I agree

Oh and something else , if you give a non-Superman person the strength and durability of Superman (reduced even) doesn't that mean that they are unaccustomed to them. For example , wouldn't Green Arrow break his bow ?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ehh... it was mediocre. If you didn't read the comics for Injustice, you was probably like wtf throughout the whole thing. Useless characters like Ares, Sinestro/GL, and Shazam/Black Adam.(What's the point in having both of them on the same side in the story.)

MK story was good until Sindel killed damn near everyone. That ruin the story for me. So, imo, Injustice is better than MK9. Nevertheless, it was still fun playing through them.

Yo... put Spoilers on that
Sindel kill

i think he just stole it. and it's weird that the prime earth heroes stayed on superman's levels, that's gonna be bad for prime earth bane and stuff, joker's still super strong and durable.
Well, we don't know that, they seemed to be run by nanites. A low level EMP would take them out, as they do all electronics.

maybe kryptonian tech is more advanced than the EMP.
Maybe, but if you think Batman didn't come up with a contingency to shut those things off, then you don't know Bats very well. Obviously it wouldn't be a good method to use during a fight, but I'm sure he thought of something.

Maybe, but if you think Batman didn't come up with a contingency to shut those things off, then you don't know Bats very well. Obviously it wouldn't be a good method to use during a fight, but I'm sure he thought of something.
if anything cyborg and superman are the guys to shut those down. maybe green lantern could take the nanobots with his ring.

I prefer MK9's story but that doesn't mean I didn't like Injustice's. It had less filler fights than MK9 and felt very similar to the Crisis on Two Earths Animated movie. However it had it's fair share of plot holes and stupid moments and the whole alternate universe thing was kinda unecessary, why not just stick to the Regime Universe like the comics and make the game's storyline similar to Marvel Civil War/Kingdom Come? half of the story's battles were mirror matches... I was pretty angry that most reviewers criticized the story mode for being silly, when it's something extra that should not be accounted for. Yet they were totally fine with SF4, MVC3, SFXT and SCV and the minimal to non-existent single player content they offered

I prefer MK9's story but that doesn't mean I didn't like Injustice's. It had less filler fights than MK9 and felt very similar to the Crisis on Two Earths Animated movie. However it had it's fair share of plot holes and stupid moments and the whole alternate universe thing was kinda unecessary, why not just stick to the Regime Universe like the comics and make the game's storyline similar to Marvel Civil War/Kingdom Come? half of the story's battles were mirror matches... I was pretty angry that most reviewers criticized the story mode for being silly, when it's something extra that should not be accounted for. Yet they were totally fine with SF4, MVC3, SFXT and SCV and the minimal to non-existent single player content they offered
Agreed. Hell, SCV has one of the WORST story modes I've seen in a fighting game. Me, I don't often look for plot holes, so nothing really stood out to me as a WTF moment. Funny enough, one I've heard brought up was "Why does Prime Cyborg know what Regime Cyborg looks like?" The answer is actually quite simple. He obviously pulled a download on some of the history of Earth V. We know this because he says as much to Deathstroke. And frankly, I think the super pill was a bit better than some of the other bullshit they could've come up with. However, Superman blasting cars that Black Adam was clearly grabbing off the street was a big WTF. And I do think the Alternate Earth thing was a cop-out. I get that it's probably the only way to truly screw with one universe but keep one completely intact for the sequel, but still. Would've made the story much stronger.

I thought some characters just were totally useless in the story. Grundy, Black Adam, Killer Frost, and Ares just to name a few.

I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, thought it was gonna be a lot better.

Me, I don't often look for plot holes, so nothing really stood out to me as a WTF moment.
- Why is Lex Luthor THE ONLY CHARACTER in the game who has an entirely different personality than all of the others? He is the only one who was good the entire time and even Supermans friend.
- Why can Superman burn through Shazams skull? Superman is not that powerful, even when he is not holding back.
- Why does Shazam struggle with a little bit of ice holding his lips together? He is stronger than that.
- Why didn't Superman hear it, when Flash decided to leave the Regime and had a fight with Green Lantern? Superman was in the building.
- Harley can take punches from Shazam thanks to the kryptonian pill, but why can she hurt powerhouses with her gunshots?
- If Batman has enough strenght to punch a power house through multiple buildings, then why does he need a bunch of power houses, just to get to a case, which is buried only one meter in the ground and covered in a piece of rock? Why didn't he dig it out with his bare hands and destroy the rock around the case with well placed punches? Why didn't Wonder Woman do it?

And the final question:
Why are there sooo many characters in this game and somehow shoehorned into the story, even though they didn't have ANY purpose at all?
Doomsday (the mind control is a BS reason), Solomon Grundy, Hawkgirl, Killer Frost, Catwoman & Bane (YAY, DEM DARK KNIGHT RISES SALES!) and probably even few others, but right now I'm being very generous.
Ed Boon said that the roster would consist out of characters who you simply need to have in the game, because they're so iconic and that they would also include characters, who make sense, because of the story in the game. But who are these characters in the story? There is not even one single character, who makes sense in the story and even some of obvious picks don't do jackshit in the story.

A good chunk of the roster is a WTF moment on itself.

i was expecting great things from ares given how they talked about wanting to make him seem threatening and cool to the casuals, all he did was getting beat up.