What's new

Question If You Were to Create Universal Rules for MKX...

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
There it is again.

Why does everyone think the game is full of these?
Wanting them to all be unsafe isn't necessarily implying that they all are currently safe. But I'm speaking for the specific quote you made.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Damage distribution. The chicks shouldn't hit as hard as the guys. There's already an innate defensive advantage as far as hurt-boxes. So if that's intentional, balance it out by not allowing Mileena/D'Vorah/Jacqui rock you like Mike Tyson when they connect.

Or it would also be interesting to have a SF-type "toughness" stat. Gore is a big body but he doesn't take as much damage as Cassie.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Wait isn't every character a variation of Scorpion already???
If you think about it, everything in the universe is either a Scorpion skin or not a Scorpion skin.

Also, I like the idea of universal blockstun frames for all moves that don't cost a bar. as someone who has struggled with understanding the intricacies of frame data ever since MK9, I've never understood why exactly it is that this isn't already a thing.
If you're burning resources, sure.
If not, fuck you.

I know nothing, Jon Snow...

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
You're talking about universal mids - adding a shortcut to simplify things.

Don't handicap the creative tools of the developers for functionality's sake. Have faith that they will make it work.

How we feel about games today is the direct result of an ideas built into more ideas until collaborative efforts and hard work polished these ideas into the games we play today. The games we play tomorrow will be built on the backs of its predecessors through more ideas, collaboration, and hard work. Don't try to handicap the people that get us there.
if MKX will serve as showing the goods and the bads about the game meta and all that stuff, so MK11 or whatever the next game is fixes most of its faults I'll be totally cool with that. and yes i have faith.

Reactions: GAV