What's new

General/Other If you could change one thing about Deathstroke what would it be?

Matix218

Get over here!
Make his trait usable. Hes good even without having to ever press the "4" button but with a decent trait he would be a real contender

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
If I had to limit it to one thing, I'd say complete Trait overhaul. However, I think the character kind of needs a total overhaul, since he was initially designed to be a zoner, but they took that away without upping his rushdown or movement speed.
I think this is what people think, but beyond the low guns being unfairly safe, nothing would suggest that DS was built to completely zone characters out. Being able to zone and doing the chip he did was what pushed him way over the top. He already had a top notch neutral that is his main strength, and always has been.

Crathen

Death is my business
If i had only 1 change available it would be trait being blockable but faster activation ( like 30 frames ) and a 8 second duration where his guns get back his old chip damage and frames on low guns and quickfire + more advantage on hit and MB sword spin bounces them similarly to the b1u2 popup.

The cooldown would be 8 seconds where his guns would still whiff and MB spin can't be used.

If i had more i'd give his b1u2 more advantage to be able to get a b3 off it ( right now you can b3 only if you hit them with just the u2 ) and slighly buffing his b3 hitbox to combo off b22xxMB b3 on every character not just low hitbox characters and lastly MB Machine gun granade to be neutral on block point blank ( wich means advantage if blocked fullscreen ) but still with pushback.

And d1xxbgb connecting at every range would be awesome.

That'd make him easily a top 3 character.

Flagg

Noob
Give Slade a healing factor trait, which obviously slowly regenerates his health for a duration of time.

If he takes damage or is thrown (not chip damage) he stops regenerating before the time limit.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Time to grade.

I think this is what people think, but beyond the low guns being unfairly safe, nothing would suggest that DS was built to completely zone characters out. --- Probably not completely, but the guns were clearly designed to play a tremendous role in Deathstroke's gameplay. Currently, high and low gunshots are worthless outside of being anti-zoning tools in many match ups. Test Your Might scrubs, and other scrubs on social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter to name a few, are the main reason Deathstroke was transformed from a primary zoning character to a footsies and rush down character. As a high level player, you ought to accept this premise, not side with scrubs and anti-zoning zealots.

Being able to zone and doing the chip he did was what pushed him way over the top. He already had a top notch neutral that is his main strength, and always has been. --- Top notch neutral game? I think you are the only fool in this community who has less of an understanding of footsies than I do. Aquaman and Martian Manhunter have a neutral game that is deserving to be called "top notch". Deathstroke, on the other hand, has above average footsies at best, even with f+3 and j+3.
You receive an F and an E for being an insolent FOOL who constantly EXAGGERATES the power of a mid tier character.

ryublaze

Noob
I always thought it'd be cool if his sword spin gave consistent advantage on hit so he'd have standing reset 50/50s in the corner.

For his trait, I would scrap the whole unblockable damage idea and probably make it so that guns have more pushback on block and knock the opponent down on hit. And the cooldown would just be a timer instead of guns being useless.