What's new

If NRS built a Marvel fighter "this" character would play like...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
With Marvel sniffing around WB game studios now with Lego Marvel happening a lot of us here at TYM suspect with Boon's constant hype when asked about Marvel that at some point NRS may get to work with them.

This leads to the inevitable Marvel vs DC thoughts and hype, but think about this for a moment...NRS builds 1v1 fighters and they don't do aerial combat like Capcom meaning all we know about Marvel characters in fighters would be tossed as NRS would have to COMPLETELY reimagine Marvel's roster and tools for 1v1 style of fighting.​
So I pose this question to you TYM ...​
If NRS built a fighter with Marvel characters (versus or otherwise) and "-----" character made it in how would you imagine they would make them play?

Would Spiderman be a mix of Lobo's chain grabs and Batgirl's moveset?
Would Ironman be like Hawkgirl mixed with Shazam?
Pick a character, and start reimagining them NRS style folks!

shaowebb

I thought there was going to be a avengers vs xmen fighting game being made... does anyone know if im right?
I was around for that rumor. It was rumored that instead of a MVC4 or update that there would be an AvsX game to hype Marvel and that event and its fallout since its the backbone of where they currently are in their universe. However, this was nothing more than a rumor by hopeful fans as at the time they thought Capcom would be holding onto the license and working with it for several more years. Capcom let their contract runout though and they dont have a license for Marvel anymore...its unclear if their contract for UMVC3 allows for an update, but given Nitsuma had to apologize for TAC infinites and left over bugs and that the last Marvel panel was sort of a send off to it discussing things they had considered but wouldnt be doing its pretty likely that they cant even update.

For Capcom to do Marvel they'd have to go and repurchase a new license agreement and Sven has gone on record saying that Capcom is letting fighters cool a bit. If anything gets messed with it'd likely be license free first party Capcom titles and not another Marvel for this reason especially given its last title not pulling profit.

That saiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid....

I imagine ...

Iron Fist

redone as a pressure character with several tools from past MK/Injustice characters. I see him getting Reptiles charge attack, Batman's Butterfly kick overhead and crossups, and Liu Kang's flying kick specials along with at least one counter move.

CABLE

Deathstroke's low gun, Stryker's grenades, Bane's Double punch, and Raven's telekinetic drag in move (not the tk grab though). Basically an in and out guy whose well rounded.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
Venom- i can easily see him playing somewhat like Doomsday with slightly better speed, only not as powerful.

Carnage- a lot like noob saibot except his clone would be Venom lol

shaowebb

Luke Cage would be cool done up NRS style.

Corp Charge like Clothesline, Faster version of Lobo's command throw where he swings you except it gets a wall bounce, Doomsday's stomp, gimmick where he reflects projectiles for a short period. Basically a punish character who uses throw resets to get his damage otherwise he just gets a ton of knockdowns and spends his time interrupting and stuffing everything with safe stomps and clotheslines.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
No one has said it yet? Iron Man = Cyborg? Eh eh? No... ok.

In all seriousness I think Wolverine would play like Catwoman. Whip and all. :joker:

shaowebb

No one has said it yet? Iron Man = Cyborg? Eh eh? No... ok.

In all seriousness I think Wolverine would play like Catwoman. Whip and all. :joker:
I like the idea of Iron Man being a mix of Cyborg and Hawkgirl. Flight is a big thing for him so I like the thought of him going into flight or doing the equivalent of Hawkgirl's "Wing Evade" and getting to cancel that quick jump back like fly into things like projectiles, Wonder Woman's Divepunch, or Shazam's psycho crusher.

i think captain america would play like a mixture of doomsday and flash, with a lot of advancing moves, maybe a parry and the classic shield toss, lobo's diving and maybe the roll.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i think captain america would play like a mixture of doomsday and flash, with a lot of advancing moves, maybe a parry and the classic shield toss, lobo's diving and maybe the roll.
So basically, shield stance wonder woman with a roll.

1. Legion ( David Haller), you know Professor Xavier's son with multiple personalities disorder and each of them has its own mutant power(my favorite X-man character:)) would play like Shang (or Shinnok for that matter) changing his powersets! But I am seeing it more as a trait that changes powersets like Ravens Demon stance but this one would give him like 5 different ones:)

2. Dr Doom as my favorite Marvel villain,a mixture of Black Adam, Lex Luthor and maybe Quan Chi.

3. Hulk should be like Grundy, would be so much fun. And he should have his damage output increase the more his life bar decreases.

4. Spider-man should be like Cyrax but instead of bombs have his little robospiders which he recently had in Superior Spider-man, you know Batman bat swarm style:)

Haggar would be Bane with a Lariat and an SPD.

There, I said it.
Haggar is from Capcom video games. Not Marvel comics.

Edit: Nevermind, somebody beat me to it.

If a Marvel game were to be made in a similar fashion as Injustice everybody would complain about how many X-men characters there are instead of Batman characters.

If NRS made a Marvel fighter, there'd be huge balance issues, wrong frame data, 2 or 3 MK characters, or hell, 2 or 3 DC characters, input bug, etc.

But, WW shield stance might be given to Captain America, some shield moves.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Interesting topic..
Personally I don't want NRS touching Marvel..
I have always viewed DC as a more "adult" comic.. The way characters die.. Act.. Speak.. Just seems older to me. That being said I think NRS is a perfect fit for DC characters..many "humans" with supreme athletic capabilities (Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, Batman) the "slower paced, methodical" fighter franchise seems the better fit.. Regular jumps, air dashes,etc..
Whereas the "mutants" and "super powered" characters from Marvel are more zaney.. Off the wall.. Spidey slinging webs all over while triple jumping at super jump height just seems a better fit for a company Like Capcom and what they have produced with Marvel Superheroes and MvC series.
Conversely.. I think DC could benefit from a rendition of a DCvCapcom make.. More wide open landscape with flight modes and super jump heights..
Whereas Marvel would suffer from an "inside the box" type feel of a Mortal Kombat or IGAU. See Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects... Not too great and an NRS rendition of Marvel unfortunately would suffer the same fate.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
  • Hulk would play quite a bit like Doomsday I think, throw in stuff like Ares god smack, maybe Bane's charge? Doomsday's trait.
  • Thor would have some of Black Adam's lightning... but bigger. Not Shazam's projectile I think. Throw in a few grapples... Hawkgirl's Mace toss. Shazam's trait
  • I can see Iron Man having some stuff like Lex's basic 112 combos because of his repulsor hands, but I see his projectiles generally being more like Green Lantern's rocket based moves... if it was War Machine you could throw in the minigun too. Lex's or Sinestro's trait
  • Wolverine... Catwoman I guess? Lobo's forward dash, Cyborg's trait.
  • Spider-Man could have Batgirl's teleport but with webs. Maybe a few of Nightwing's moves like flying Grayson and the flip. Batgirl's bola move.
  • Gambit, lot's of Green Arrow's trait for his exploding cards, chattering teeth/lightning bomb traps plus some Nightwing staff moves.