What's new

If NRS built a Marvel fighter "this" character would play like...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
2. Dr Doom as my favorite Marvel villain,a mixture of Black Adam, Lex Luthor and maybe Quan Chi.
Oh Come on thats literally MVC Dr Doom. Black adam has dive kicks, luthor has projectile overheads that home like hidden missile...I guess lightning cage would be better than finger lasers for this game though and the Quan Chi stuff would be interesting changes but still man your other ones were way better than this.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Juggernaut would be Bane without the Venom Uppercut or retarded trait.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I'd love to see hulk and THOR. hulk would probably play like Doomsday but with maybe a lil more Bane grappling. THOR should play like a mix between Superman and WonderWoman. He should have ranged powers like Superman, but some good mixups fighting skills like WW.

i-Man might be like Deathstroke with zoning.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Interesting topic..
Personally I don't want NRS touching Marvel..
I have always viewed DC as a more "adult" comic.. The way characters die.. Act.. Speak.. Just seems older to me. That being said I think NRS is a perfect fit for DC characters..many "humans" with supreme athletic capabilities (Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, Batman) the "slower paced, methodical" fighter franchise seems the better fit.. Regular jumps, air dashes,etc..
Whereas the "mutants" and "super powered" characters from Marvel are more zaney.. Off the wall.. Spidey slinging webs all over while triple jumping at super jump height just seems a better fit for a company Like Capcom and what they have produced with Marvel Superheroes and MvC series.
Conversely.. I think DC could benefit from a rendition of a DCvCapcom make.. More wide open landscape with flight modes and super jump heights..
Whereas Marvel would suffer from an "inside the box" type feel of a Mortal Kombat or IGAU. See Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects... Not too great and an NRS rendition of Marvel unfortunately would suffer the same fate.

The general consensus has always been Marvel is the more adult of the 2... in terms of comics. Movies and on screen are different though for sure.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The general consensus has always been Marvel is the more adult of the 2... in terms of comics. Movies and on screen are different though for sure.
Really? I can't say I agree with that as a reader of both publishers... Marvel has always tended to have way more 'silly' books, whereas nearly all DC titles are fairly serious.

I mean both have their adult and less adult titles, I just think Marvel puts out more in terms of less serious stuff. Plus I think Marvel provides more titles for young readers.

EDIT: Also I can see Daredevil playing a lot like escrima stance Nightwing, maybe some Cyborg style swing escapes and some projectiles as well... have no idea what kind of trait though...

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Really? I can't say I agree with that as a reader of both publishers... Marvel has always tended to have way more 'silly' books, whereas nearly all DC titles are fairly serious.

I mean both have their adult and less adult titles, I just think Marvel puts out more in terms of less serious stuff. Plus I think Marvel provides more titles for young readers.

EDIT: Also I can see Daredevil playing a lot like escrima stance Nightwing, maybe some Cyborg style swing escapes and some projectiles as well... have no idea what kind of trait though...
Yes really.

THOR, hulk, i-Man, Capt Murica, X-Men, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Dr Strange.

Almost all of their comics are very dark and adult. The only one I can think of that isnt is Spiderman... and even that really is actually adult... but just with the hero having a sense of humor.

Which really isnt surprising, as it was kind of "anti-DC" when it came out... and almost all of DCs comics were SUPER cheesy back then. So Marvel gave their heroes a more realistic tone with more problems we could relate to.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Yes really.

THOR, hulk, i-Man, Capt Murica, X-Men, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Dr Strange.

Almost all of their comics are very dark and adult. The only one I can think of that isnt is Spiderman... and even that really is actually adult... but just with the hero having a sense of humor.
I'm not here to argue maturity level of comic franchises :)

I just feel the more cartoony Marvel fits better in a Capcom style game and DC seems a good fit with the NRS crew.. Believe me, I would love for Marvel to be able to shine in a realistic fighter.. However I feel that characters like Spidey, Wolverine, Sent would all be hugely misinterpreted..
As Spidey being my favorite Marvel, I find it offensive to give him any type of move set from IGAU or any type NRS franchise.. Just cannot do him justice in a "realistic" style fighter... Hell.. Capcom only got him about 70% right in their off the wall fighters...

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Lex Luthor II I guess I can agree, but a lot of those have a silly side too. Daredevil, Thor, Hulk and X-Men most of all have their fair share of funny/silly issues. Spider-Man can be dark as hell sometimes over the years as well as funny.

Eh, both are capable of serious and fun so I guess it's kinda pointless to argue.

something to do with his sonar sense, maybe a dodging move like catwoman's.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
something to do with his sonar sense, maybe a dodging move like catwoman's.
I had the same thought but couldn't really figure out how to incorporate sonar as a trait. Like how do you make it a preemptive trait but without slow down like Flash? Maybe a 'Man without Fear' trait with some kind of big buff but no block?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Problem with games like these tho is sometimes they just get a character completely wrong. in MvC3 THOR is the slowest guy on the planet... when THOR is as fast as Superman. I mean you dont have to make him the FASTEST guy in the game, but the slowest? I mean come on. This dude swats bullets out of the air and swings his Hammer at the speed of light and beyond.

I had the same thought but couldn't really figure out how to incorporate sonar as a trait. Like how do you make it a preemptive trait but without slow down like Flash? Maybe a 'Man without Fear' trait with some kind of big buff but no block?
maybe the dodge could slow down time when used effectively. but i think he should fight with his sticks attached to lines too unlike nightwing. more mid range than close range, and maybe ricochet throws.

Oh Come on thats literally MVC Dr Doom. Black adam has dive kicks, luthor has projectile overheads that home like hidden missile...I guess lightning cage would be better than finger lasers for this game though and the Quan Chi stuff would be interesting changes but still man your other ones were way better than this.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I should have explain that better as everyone who played MvC3 knows the similarity!I thought more about lightning powers which Doom can do with electricity of his armour or using magic (But do you really not expect him to have that Bison divekick if NRS really do that though??come on:))And for Lex I meant set up heavy stuff like bombs, mines, Orbital Strikes,maybe even Nucs from Latveria. As for Quan Chi - Yes He needs some trap based around magical specials - Doom Trap!actually if you think about it in comics Doom is a genius in both tech and magic, so he needs to have two stances: one with all the tech stuff using his armor and other resources I mentioned, and the other with all the lightning and spell casting stuff. Also Crimson bands of Cytorak can act like Sinetro's Shackles:)

Mills

Born on a Monday
Deadpool/Deathstroke but with constant banter

If this was done right I'd really like it, could only imagine Hulk with Grundy like chain grabs

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
How about we make a list of characters we would want to see in the game before we start the comparing and contrasting?

Marvel Heroes:
Spider-Man
Hulk
Thor
Iron-Man
Captain America
Punisher
Invisible Woman
Logan/Wolverine
Dr. Strange
She-Hulk
Miss Marvel
Storm

Villains:
Magneto
Venom
A-Bomb
Dr. Doom
Sabertooth
Mystique
Green Goblin
Lady Deathstrike
(Dark) Phoenix
Enchantress
Juggernaut
Apocalypse

edit: I was going to include Silver Surfer, Dead Pool, Carnage and Blob, but someone has to be DLC

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Not really a thread for roster lists just a thread for how we see each playing out. If you want to list out designs for that many though go on ahead, but if we start posting lists folks will just fill this thing with lists instead of with discussion on the characters and how they might be translated into playstyles in an NRS fighting game environment.

Guess I'll keep it going with a character who hasn't really been given his due in a fighter yet.

Daredevil

I see him with the ability to throw his cane and bounce it off of things in a ricochet pattern like in the comics so similar to Kung Lao's hat throw options I'd give him that as a projectile, I'd also give him Scorpion's air throw as the guy was constanlty dominant as he jumped around through the air alongside of some kind of strong jumping crossup...likely something akin to Wonder Woman or Catwoman's whip attacks on his jumping moves. Beyond that a dashup low, a counter, at least one fast normal and a few meaties. Mid damage to low damage character. His AA should be a grab using the Cane's tether with MB version causing a bounce for extensions.

In general a good in and out character...not the fastest but always packing good punishes.