What's new

If Nightwing ever gets nerfed...I am going Wonder Woman (An Analysis)

Nightwing is really two different characters with a "tag team" trait. One character (staff stance) is great against grapplers and rushdown, and has moderate tools against zoners, but extremely weak against flying characters. The other character (escrima stance) may be better against flyers, but is low tier at best.

If for some ungodly reason NRS decides to nerf staff stance, they need to buff escrima stance. Perhaps an "up" option for MB Wingdings?

Staff isn't that great against grundy though. Grundy 2 has roughly the same range as the staff and leads to a 50% combo on hit. grundy dash beats ground pound. He has a lot of unthrowable frames so walking corpse doesn't always work but WCC works wonders.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
If your scene is putting Nightwing above Superman, Black Adam, Green Lantern, Killer Frost, Scorpion...you need a better scene :p

Nightwing is top 10, but I am telling yas, wonderwoman is a better Nightwing to an extent.
I put NW above Black Adam and KF. Still not sure where Scorpion stands. BUT COME AT ME.

I don't think she's a better NW either. I think she's a better Superman. >.>

I stopped reading at wonder woman is better than nightwing. Translation: Your opponent is significantly better than you.
Wonder Woman is top 5 free. Down the line I can see NW maybe being on her level, but right now, no. Top 10 yes, but Top 5 is a work in progress.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I put NW above Black Adam and KF. Still not sure where Scorpion stands. BUT COME AT ME.

I don't think she's a better NW either. I think she's a better Superman. >.>

Wonder Woman is top 5 free. Down the line I can see NW maybe being on her level, but right now, no. Top 10 yes, but Top 5 is a work in progress.

Thank god we have retards making tier lists.

Tier lists = What happened if two characters were played at the best of their ability?
TYM = Nobody here plays at a very high level. Especially given the fact that this game has been out for 2-3 months.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You want to talk bad pokes and terrible strings? Look no further than Batman. I, too, tire of everyone crying of him being "OP."

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Why u troll morbid? :-P

But no, I think Nightwing is pretty solid. Up close, his staff-stance seems intimidating, in that it reaches further than most other pokes and with that spacing, you can keep someone locked down.

By someone...I mean me. Because I suck dick at fighting Nightwing.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Why u troll morbid? :-P

But no, I think Nightwing is pretty solid. Up close, his staff-stance seems intimidating, in that it reaches further than most other pokes and with that spacing, you can keep someone locked down.

By someone...I mean me. Because I suck dick at fighting Nightwing.
I am not trolling. I agree with you... but I am biased.

I think Nightwing is extremely solid. I am surprised a lot of people are sleeping on him.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
At least Chance gives a DETAILED list of comparison's and analysis of his vision/opinion as opposed to "Insert declarative sentence here with nothing to support it". I am currently learning NW and I must say...he is certainly not brain dead. He's not someone you can just pick up and start winning with (Scorpion)...
1.) He is EXTREMELY good.
2.) They would be fools to "nerf" him.
3.) I dunno about WW being better than him...I'd say more like "just as scary".
4.) I am utterly shocked at how low under the radar he is.
5.) I LOVE BUBBLE BUTTS
6.) The only thing that I think is radical is his D1 in staff stance. Isn't it like SUPER advantageous?

You should mention he has good zoning while wonderwoman has...but yeah wonder woman is top 5 imo at least if nrs stopped messing up her b3

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I will be at a loss for words if they ever nerf Nightwing. One of the few characters that actually takes thought to play, is well rounded, cool and isn't shit
Yup, Legend knows what's up, and that's why he is going to teach me Sinestro if they ever nerf NW. (Nrs Pls)

The comparison to Dante is seriously spot on. I play Dante, and the similarities I found made me want to play NW. Very strong ground control, but difficult to control space above him safely. Has a tool for every situation, and has to have the decision making to use them at the right time. Jack of all trades type of character that can struggle with very strong zoning or overbearing rush down. Slow normals up close that make it hard to contest the space in front of him (Escrima only here). No real anti air tools from the ground. Not being absoulutely brain dead and having a perfect solution to every weakness, etc.

Hopefully NW stays where he's at, because he is one of the few people on the cast who isn't braidead easy to learn and is actually fun to use.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I find that a lot of Liu Kang players either went to Nightwing or Wonder Woman lol.

I dunno, they both have their dirt. Wonder Woman is just more overlooked. I've went up against NW's d1, +1 doesn't sound right lol. +5 is much more believable.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
B1 itself is 12 frames
B1 on block is +4
B11 on block is +3

In SS she can use her D1 to get +4 and then use her 11f B1 (7f) to launch for 50% meterless.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Thank god we have retards making tier lists.

Tier lists = What happened if two characters were played at the best of their ability?
TYM = Nobody here plays at a very high level. Especially given the fact that this game has been out for 2-3 months.
this

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Well no shit he is OP... it's 10-0 match up in the Nightwing player's favor if their opponent is a woman or a gay man, they will be too busy staring at NW's butt to concentrate on the match

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
As I would like to say, Touching nightwing would be completely insane... he probably is the most balanced character.. He has flaws like most characters do, not more or less than the roster.. but I would say keep nightwing the same and let the players figure a way to overcome there situations and develop more strategies with/ or against Nightwing.