What's new

If MK10 has four bars of Super Meter instead of three

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Let's say this happened. If 1 = :ex, 2 = breaker, and 3 = Xray, what would four be used for? How would the meters be ordered, if the order had to change? What would be your preference in this case?

A Phoenix-like one :)
Nah I'm saying just as a special move, either no meter or 1 bar only.

I think that Mk10 would be interesting on a 5-bar system. 1= EX, 3=breaker/xray. Maybe give a few characters a 5-bar special, but that's kind of not really the mortal kombat style. maybe 5 bars for a brutality, heh

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think a 4th bar would be interesting. Set it up like this:

1 - EX move/Brutality
2 - Breaker/Level 1 X-Ray/EX Brutality
3 - Level 2 X-Ray/Super Brutality
4 - Ultimate Brutality

The Brutality would be the custom combo system, that changes depending on how much meter you have. It will fully drain, though, no matter what level is activated. Normal Brutality will simply give additional juggle properties on certain normals. EX Brutality brings a small damage boost as well. The Super Brutality brings in the ability to cancel the last hit in a string or a normal that does not go into a string to be cancellable into another normal/special/EX move (Still does normal meter drain) X-Ray (Which would fully drain the entire bar)...but this cancel only works on hit. The Ultimate Brutality does everything, but gives infinite meter until the combo meter runs out.

As for the X-Rays, the Level 1 X-Ray will be a shorter version of MK9 X-Ray (Like 1 X-Ray hit, like Shang's)...invincible startup, armored, breaks all armor. Level 2 X-Rays, though, will be the original length, and will have extra properties such as strike/projectile invincibility, or doing a lot more damage. If these are activated during Ultimate Brutality, the meter will continue to drain.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't want brutalitys to be part of combo system, its a finisher:(

3bars are fine lol
imagine characters who can Start a combo with X-ray

imagine characters who can Start a combo with X-ray
Well, you kind of can do that in games like Skullgirls and MvC, and others I'm sure... so this isn't a new concept but rather one that MK has never done in the past. It'd change the game a lot for sure.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
This is my fucked up/stoned theory.
we add the extra bar.
Ex is one bar.
Breaker is two bars, but can't be used until 3 are filled. X ray is 3. Leaving a bar in reserve so to speak., and if you win with all 4 filled...BRUTALITY.
Meter management would be hella cerebral.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Well, you kind of can do that in games like Skullgirls and MvC, and others I'm sure... so this isn't a new concept but rather one that MK has never done in the past. It'd change the game a lot for sure.
MK it gets competitive because we players always think outside the box and discover gliches for this and that, imo, this idea is just another excuse for scrubby players to have two breakers, or to cry in the hands of players who turns MK into a broken game.

THTB

Well, with my idea, there would be one massive reason to have 2 breakers overall lol.

Also, I forgot to add, if a breaker is used during a Brutality, the Brutality ends with you having the meter you were at at the time of the break.

THTB

The MK9 meter already works nothing like SFIV's anyway. These ideas are also majorly different from what SFIV does.

The only comparison is the number.

I actually like the idea of a four bar super meter, but I'd have X-Ray still be 4 bars. Changes I'd make:
1 Bar = EX
2 Bar = Breaker
4 Bar = X-Ray

However, I'd make breakers more like Bursts of other games - functioning sort of like Breakers do now, but allowing for them to be baited out. (Take Blazblue for instance - you have up to two bursts, which you can use at any time to break out of a combo. However, if you use them at the wrong time, you can be punished). Essentially making Breakers not free and creating a more skill based metagame. (To compensate for this, the 4 bar meter allows you to stock two breakers)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You guys are looking at this the wrong way,

4 bars would mean:

1)100% damage from Rune Trap only
2)2 consecutive Breakers
3)Xray , then if possible continue a combo with an EN move
4)Possible game mechanic that would completely break the game.

4 bars would mean:

2)2 consecutive Breakers
1. Mortal Kombat 10
2. So?
3. So?
4. Like what?

THTB

4 bars would mean:

2)2 consecutive Breakers
Thus why there would also be changes based on the new meter functions.