What's new

Question If Kabal were banned

If you ban Kabal, then you HAVE to get rid of Kenshi too. No two ways about it.
But even as a late Kenshi main, I'd agree to it.

This is how I feel about it. And to really open up the playing field ban the cyrax and smoke resets. Honestly it's not like professional players are going to accidentally do resets so I see no issue with banning them.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kabal=sf2t Akuma.

1) name one character that makes kabal play their game. you're wrong about lao, kabal still just gas blasts. the only difference is that he has to punish teleport, which he has 31 frames to react to. it's like smoke, he cant gas blast, but he can ndc smoke to death for free and he still gets saw and can keep smoke in check with the occasional gas blast. otherwise he's still in autopilot and still wins every single matchup in the game. also, injustice scorp isnt kabal, not even close.
2) kabal actually doenst have a losing matchup or an even matchup. kung lao is AT BEST debatable(5.5-4.5 kabal), but the fact that he still has to do a lot more work to get anything done makes it, by definition, a losing matchup. Name one matchup that isnt a losing battle against kabal
3) there isnt another character in the game like that.
Also, kenshi has losing matchups and a lot of 5-5s (loses to lao, freddy, smoke (debatable), and kabal, goes even with sonya (debatable), noob, scorp (debatable), cyrax, reptile, skarlet)

all you have said is that he's using misinformation, but you havent said what.
sorry, just loling at sf2t akuma being parroted because some dude randomly compared scorpion to him and is now spreading.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
And when Metzos was saying it ppl were laughing. one more matchup he was right about.

I needed somebody to open my eyes to the match-up. Nobody has ever even beaten my Kung Lao with Ermac until Evo 2013, how was I supposed to believe Ermac had a chance? lol. I still think it could be argued either way 6-4 Kung Lao or 5-5, but I don't think it can really be argued 6-4 Ermac

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I needed somebody to open my eyes to the match-up. Nobody has ever even beaten my Kung Lao with Ermac until Evo 2013, how was I supposed to believe Ermac had a chance? lol. I still think it could be argued either way 6-4 Kung Lao or 5-5, but I don't think it can really be argued 6-4 Ermac
thats why the UK crew had such high expectations of metzos when the donation thing for evo was gonna happen

Goldi

Noob
It would feel like punishing and shunning existing members of the community more than creating incentive for new ones I think. :/

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
It would feel like punishing and shunning existing members of the community more than creating incentive for new ones I think. :/
You may be right about that and I do have to ask one thing. Say we do ban Kabal, then where would it stop? we then ban Cyrax and Smoke, due to their resets. You can't just ban paticular strategies in a FG, because there is really nothing to stop the user form abusing or using those moves. I think that since we likely will never see a patch to re-balance the game we are just desparatly seeking ways to regai the balance of the game.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Honestly, the best way to end all of this is to make Courtyard Day the mandatory stage for MK9. Most Kabals get their wins from counterpicking to Rooftop Day (Mostly after their first loss).

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
If kabal is banned, Cyrax, Kung Lao and Raiden should be banned as well. In fact, ban ALL high and mid tier characters. Win EVO with a Low Tier character, lets see Jade/Baraka for the win.

You may be right about that and I do have to ask one thing. Say we do ban Kabal, then where would it stop? we then ban Cyrax and Smoke, due to their resets. You can't just ban paticular strategies in a FG, because there is really nothing to stop the user form abusing or using those moves. I think that since we likely will never see a patch to re-balance the game we are just desparatly seeking ways to regai the balance of the game.

This is false, the resets are plain to see and have to be deliberately executed (especially smokes). The characters don't need to be banned in this case. Mustard played cyrax and won rounds at EVO with a non-reset cyrax. Are they nearly as good? Probably not but that's what happened when the success of a character has been predicated by his ability to do massive amounts of damage through an unintended broken game mechanic.

it would take away the biggest disincentive. have you played against a kabal? if so you know that it doesnt feel like you got outplayed... ever. you lose because the character is stupid.
Honestly, the best way to end all of this is to make Courtyard Day the mandatory stage for MK9. Most Kabals get their wins from counterpicking to Rooftop Day (Mostly after their first loss).
this does not explain them winning the match (it would mean kabal would always be one match back). kabal wins on neutral stages too. In fact, the stage size doesnt even matter. it's just stupid people panic when they're in the corner

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
it would take away the biggest disincentive. have you played against a kabal? if so you know that it doesnt feel like you got outplayed... ever. you lose because the character is stupid.

this does not explain them winning the match (it would mean kabal would always be one match back). kabal wins on neutral stages too. In fact, the stage size doesnt even matter. it's just stupid people panic when they're in the corner
No, but it somewhat explains why DJT only lost matches when REO picked rooftop. Also, REO isn't a stupid player. Any Kabal can panic when they're in the corner.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No, but it somewhat explains why DJT only lost matches when REO picked rooftop. Also, REO isn't a stupid player. Any Kabal can panic when they're in the corner.
when youre faced with a corner and a death machine, you dont panic

you say ggs

Not knowing as much about the match-ups, could someone spell out which characters would become viable if Kabal were banned? Or any other character. I think that is part of the initial argument. If Character A was banned, then suddenly Characters X, Y, and Z would be playable. Banning a character to make one or two other characters viable doesn't seem worth it. Banning a character so that five other characters become viable is a much more compelling argument.

If regular tournament goers made a petition stating which rules they'd like to see implemented, and say got dozens or hundreds of signatures, it would probably be something a TO would consider. At the very least, a way to add some variety.

This reminds me of an online tournament a couple months back which was "low tier only" characters (or at least no high tier) so almost everyone but low-tier-diehards were forced to take an alt. I think something like that involving top level players would be really cool! Maybe TOs would just ignore requests like this, but one thing I've found in life is that one rarely gets what one doesn't even bother asking for.

Although I would be pro ban in this situation, I don't think it would accomplish much. Would just mean the top players would jump to the next broken or nearly broken character, and the cycle will continue. Only way to achieve the renaissance you guys are looking for is to ban the top 5 characters lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta