What's new

Question If Kabal had no dash cancel, would he still be tournament worthy?

AC1984

Kaballin!
I think if a Kabal ends up in the corner, he deserves it. With that mobility of his? If gets cornered, it's his fault. And he already has one free way out! If he has a breaker, he can simply let himself get hit, break, and he gets a free dash out full screen away! He shouldn't have an armored way out too.

Not personal! I'm actually a fan of yours. :)
Well since you think Kabal deserves to be in the corner, then I think he should stay the way he is and enjoy his wonderful way out of the corner....

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
That's like saying get rid of Kenshi's armor or make freddy's zoning unsafe like noob's. You are ruining the character and doing that will only make us look bad.

What needs to be done is buff the lower tiers so they can keep up with the top. Taking away something from a character this late would be unfair to all of those who practiced it intensely.
ahh.... ruin a character..... like this never happened to characters who had less tools....
when i first got this game i thought they were gonna ruin the top characters periodically until it was balanced, nope they stopped abruptly.
you can only get that kind of service from blizzard i guess. in starcraft they nerf the dominating units often so players are forced to develop the meta game, or at least that's how i remember it while i was playing.

if we buff the low tier chars... will this game even be fun? every one shooting projectiles rapidly, armoring through everything, just throwing out combo starters just because they can? Now imagine a game where spacing is even more important, all moves have higher risks, no one character can do everything, every character is king in it's own domain......

LEGEND

YES!
Balance IS FUN!

To anyone who thinks otherwise. Go watch/play a high level Sektor mirror, BEST MU in all of MK9 in any interpretation of the word
-
kabal shouldnt have his cancels taken away. Thats just stupid
LMFAO to people defending kabals armor though

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Orrrrrr people could learn how to fight kabal. It's not like everyone in the world has a gawdlike kabal like reo or as if kabal was completely braindead and skilless

Illmatix

Orrrrrr people could learn how to fight kabal. It's not like everyone in the world has a gawdlike kabal like reo or as if kabal was completely braindead and skilless
that's not the point, i think it's wrong to have a character with no bad match ups, and on top of that mostly advantageous. every character should have weaknesses.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
There is some aspects of this game that I wonder to myself....why?
Such as, what makes Kabal's low saw so special that Kenshi and Nightwolf can't reflect it? You creators stacked him with so much perks to begin with and you JUST HAD TO add that feature in too.

Ex dash armor is gei tho...

Illmatix

There is some aspects of this game that I wonder to myself....why?
Such as, what makes Kabal's low saw so special that Kenshi and Nightwolf can't reflect it? You creators stacked him with so much perks to begin with and you JUST HAD TO add that feature in too.

Ex dash armor is gei tho...
yea they can at least nullify noobs clones, and he was settup to be THE zoner.

Illmatix

I think in the developer's eyes, they thought that Noob already had his teleport so he doesn't need armor, lol. Hence giving Kabal armor.
yea that was a fail , armor is such a broken idea and then they armor kungs tele giving him guaranteed corner pressure lmao
they really didnt expect these moves to be used out of context like they are.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
All you need is one of two easy fixes to make Kabal fair. Either take away the armor on EX Dash. Or make the dash cancel exclusive to EX Dash and give him an actual reason to use all that meter he easily builds.
There are other ways. Instead of taking away his armor, I'd rather just let him keep the armor, and make his low buzz saw and overhead hookswords full-combo punishable on block. So that way when he is doing a mix-up on you and he guesses wrong, he actually gets bodied for it lol. Than tone down his IAGB a little bit and now he is a fair character

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Without NDC's Kabal would have the worst pressure in the game and be strictly zoner. Plus meter building would be done. He'd be upper mid at best.

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
Without dash cancel kabal would still be played just more of a zone character than pressure, but i feel he would die slowly as people would pick freddy/kenshi over him.