What's new

Question If Kabal didn't had armor, would he still be unbeatable?

Nope, but he would be a bit more manageable for some zoners, and he would lose a little "fear factor" in his close-kombat game without the Flash Parry.

All in all; I don't think it would make a big difference. The Kabal Clan will find a way around it eventually.

AssassiN

Noob
He isn't unbeatable or top 100 would be filled with Kabals.
That's only one tool taken away from him, something that won't make much of a difference.

there is nothing wrong with the ex dash having armor on start up. The issue is being able to cancel it, because it now removes the risk. Being able to cancel ex dash into an attack(especially as a wake up attack) makes it a win/win for Kabal. If you attack, the armor kicks in, and Kabal cancels into a full combo. If you block, he cancels and goes right into his block trap and gets that meter right back. Its even worse as a wake up attack, where he gets 20 frames of invincibility for using ex dash.

If Kabal could not cancel the ex dash, then if you read it, you could punish it every time. There would be risk to it, where as right now, there is not.

Espio

Kokomo
No character is unbeatable, however if he didn't have armor you could check him better with cross ups and pressure, which would make a lot of match ups more bearable against Kabal.

He'd still undoubtedly beat many characters, just not as extreme. Zoners could also zone him without fear of a full combo for zoning back at him.

If Kabal didnt have armor, then there would be no reason to even have an ex dash. Its the ability to cancel the ex dash aka "flash parry" that makes it ridiculous, not that it has armor. EX dash by itself is punished by full combo, if Kabal couldnt cancel it, it would be fine.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
If Kabal didnt have armor, then there would be no reason to even have an ex dash. Its the ability to cancel the ex dash aka "flash parry" that makes it ridiculous and unfair.
its what makes Kabal unique tho, he should keep the flash parry :D.

It is his best attack, but it would be nicer if he didn't have block infinite n the rapid gas blast. Then the entire staff could at least have a change to win.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
The name of this thread needs to be changed. He is NOT unbeatable. REO is...

He still would be the best character in the game but if you do take that away from him it would possibly just give everyone an extra point in the matchup numbers.

But if that's the case, I would see something like machine gun iAGB being done a hell of a lot more in matches.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Kabal isn't unbeatable. Hes just hard to manage due to all his tools and stuff. If he didn't have armor of his dash he would be easier to manage, but still be the best if not top 3

its what makes Kabal unique tho, he should keep the flash parry :D.
Rain and Kratos are capable of Flash Parries as well. To me, what makes Kabal stand out from the rest of the cast is his NDCs. I wouldn't mind having the cancel ability removed from Nomad Charge, though.

Axel_Redd

Rain and Kratos are capable of Flash Parries as well. To me, what makes Kabal stand out from the rest of the cast is his NDCs. I wouldn't mind having the cancel ability removed from Nomad Charge, though.
nah kabal's 2 ndc should be nerfed really, thats about it, everyone else should have major buffs, lol

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
It wouldn't. But he's still ridiculous. Until they realize a character with a lot of options don't need a standing reset.

Axel_Redd

2 NDC is the easiest pressure to get out of. Unless you main Shao Kahn you can get out of it easily.
honestly tho, i think kabal is an example of how EVERY character in the roster should be, if they all had such great tools the game would be even more fun to play.

honestly tho, i think kabal is an example of how EVERY character in the roster should be, if they all had such great tools the game would be even more fun to play.
I wouldn't say every character, cause the game would be played just like kabal mirrors *snore. He is the best example of what the best character needs though. Give him cyrax damage and he'll be unbeatable.

Axel_Redd

I wouldn't say every character, cause the game would be played just like kabal mirrors *snore. He is the best example of what the best character needs though. Give him cyrax damage and he'll be unbeatable.
it wouldn't be kabal mirrors, just every characters tools would be just as good as his.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
i was thinking the same thing when pondering about mk10, they would NEED to nerf kabal or bring every character to his level for people to even like the game.

Axel_Redd

i was thinking the same thing when pondering about mk10, they would NEED to nerf kabal or bring every character to his level for people to even like the game.
Characters like kabal tho cause players to lvl up immensely due to his execution requirement to him at the highest lvl possible. If all characters were like that, this game would be interesting indeed.

it would still be accessible to casual gamers...they just obviously wouldn't be able to do all the stuff we can do, lol.