What's new

Question If Doomsday could consistently punish MMH OH teleport with air grab, is the MU in Doomsday's favor?

does this make this MU in Doomsdays favor.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
lex and flash are the best candidates to beat martian... DD is a character that preys on tourney nerves and mistakes, but in the long run at the highest level if one character wins it is probably martian. Lex is the most awkward and annoying matchup because one slip up and lex can destroy you...but lex is very suscetible to martian's zoning if done correctly due to his hitbox and mobility issues.

flash on paper might do the best of the group.
you also forget to mention my Batman, breh, but its cool

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Doomsday, Flash, Lex, and a better Martian player are all candidates to win the election.

Shaazzyam

@Warhungry

Can you see why it's not anywhere close to 6-4 DD lol? Martian has too many options to fuck with Doomsday and an inconsistent air throw won't fix it.

If the scales had to tip in someone's favor it's prob a W for mmh

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
@Warhungry

Can you see why it's not anywhere close to 6-4 DD lol? Martian has too many options to fuck with Doomsday and an inconsistent air throw won't fix it.

This mu to me comes down to two key principles. 1. Mmh obviously does huge damage when he guesses right in the post mb venom game. 2. Mmh has the ability to get out of DD'S corner bullshit with a simple mb orb. Not to say we cant anticipate the orb and work around it but it makes it a guessing game for the dd player. Other characters we are dictating what happens there and forceing opponents to block, tech throw, or jump(dash) out of the corner. Momentum seems to dictate how the match turns out.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
No because regular teleport. Besides, the mu is aready pretty good for Doomsday.

Shaazzyam

This mu to me comes down to two key principles. 1. Mmh obviously does huge damage when he guesses right in the post mb venom game. 2. Mmh has the ability to get out of DD'S corner bullshit with a simple mb orb. Not to say we cant anticipate the orb and work around it but it makes it a guessing game for the dd player. Other characters we are dictating what happens there and forceing opponents to block, tech throw, or jump(dash) out of the corner. Momentum seems to dictate how the match turns out.
Ya, my options are a million times better post-MB shoulder, it's hilarious.

To me, DD's only true advantage is when you're cornered. Yet I'm still not worried. All I have to do is guess once and I'm out. Or get lucky with MB Orb. Pushblock.

At the end of the day, I feel it's an easy 5-5 compared to Lex " Nonstop 50-50" Luthor or Flash.

Warhungry

The earth shakes beneath my fists.
I don't know why flash wouldn't just d2 with that retarded hitbox against mmh oh tele and full combo into setup
Because the hurtbox of MMH during OH tele is extremely stupid, he's damn near invulnerable while he going down. In fact his hotbox is somewhat off screen going up. But there's a window for DD to grab him or Grundy to uppercut him. Basically moves that go damn near straight up with enough reach can actually touch him.

Warhungry

@Warhungry

Lol don't use me as an example, I don't know the MMH MU much. And my dpad is messed up so air grab kept coming out when I pressed d1 pfffft. Anyways if I actually played it right it would still be 5-5 but my argument is that it can be a soft 6-4 if I kept air grabbing your teleports and kept you grounded. But yeah I'm not experienced enough, I won like 5 out of 100 games lol. @Shaazzyam

Warhungry

I agree, DD dumpsters MMH in the corner but if he gets a good read then he's out. If anything he can just pushblock to make it easy. We kinda have to make the MMH pull out a MB orb before we get in and make him try and burn meter to keep us off even though he builds meter quite fast. We never want to walk into a MMH with meter, just taking more damages.

Warhungry

No because regular teleport. Besides, the mu is aready pretty good for Doomsday.
If you are saying that regular teleport will whiff punish the air grab, make sure you read the OP. I said it may be at a timing where the regular tele gets blocked. Like while I'm walking back and throws the tele, I move my stick half circle forward and press 1 to do air grab. But while I'm moving half circle forward I'm still blocking while I'm moving down, so the regular tele hits me on block before I even press 1.

Shaazzyam

Lol don't use me as an example, I don't know the MMH MU much. And my dpad is messed up so air grab kept coming out when I pressed d1 pfffft. Anyways if I actually played it right it would still be 5-5 but my argument is that it can be a soft 6-4 if I kept air grabbing your teleports and kept you grounded. But yeah I'm not experienced enough, I won like 5 out of 100 games lol. @Shaazzyam
There's no reason for MMH to throw out a raw OH tele in neutral, and it'd have to be hella telegraphed for a clean anti air throw. If you fuck up or I just beat it randomly that's 40% vs. your 8% or whatever.

I can't see how you think the tech is viable. It reminds of my Cyborg using upsonic to beat oh tele

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
so what is The Doomy post blocked OH tele meta like? If Doomy is traited up, what is the outcome of getting hit by OH tele? is Doomsday pushed back on hit while traited?

Warhungry

so what is The Doomy post blocked OH tele meta like? If Doomy is traited up, what is the outcome of getting hit by OH tele? is Doomsday pushed back on hit while traited?
Post blocked tele, we are still in range to grab MMH or d3 and d1. But since I'm pretty sure OH tele is safe on block its a bit of a guessing game where if MMH does anything that has a lot of startup frames right after OH tele can get easily punished by d1~ES, but can punish DD options by doing something fast, or can just backdash Doomsdays options. Either way it depends on how greedy each player is to get caught reaching lol. But imo it feels to be in MMH favor cause of his damage potential off of a d1 then us DD players.

Warhungry

There's no reason for MMH to throw out a raw OH tele in neutral, and it'd have to be hella telegraphed for a clean anti air throw. If you fuck up or I just beat it randomly that's 40% vs. your 8% or whatever.

I can't see how you think the tech is viable. It reminds of my Cyborg using upsonic to beat oh tele
This tech isn't really viable online play unless it was as you said telegraphed or just scouted really hard. But offline this becomes much more viable as reaction times and no delay on inputs lets you pull it off more easier. I've only landed this online a few times, but the most important thing about this tech imo, is that it's one the best options vs OH tele that costs no meter. Dashing forward doesn't either and is a universal move, but is punished by regular tele, while the air grab can maybe beat both if the timing allows it. But if it does beat both, could be the best punish vs MMH tele. Of course getting this down is a bit far fetched I know, but if it can be done, MMH is just that much more limited. Not trying to force the 6-4 number here, just making sure everyone knows the potential to this is all.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
I don't play either characters so my opinion might not be the best but from what I've seen in tournament doomsday beats mmh. every high level match i've seen between like jupiter and pl or reo and pl doomsday seems to give mmh trouble. just my 2 cents.

Warhungry

The timing is rough, but after I got it down a few times I was able to do it like 10 times in a row, it's rough I know, but one thing I want you and everyone else to know is that this is a POTENTIAL tech. Meaning it's viable but if the regular tele does come out after the grab then imma scrap it for good. I'm only making the argument that it's viable because if it does beat both telels then I think it's worth it for a tourney player to look into practicing it. Getting a free 11/19% is always welcome in a fighting game, no matter how hard. Thanks for the input @Eldriken senpai.

Warhungry

I don't play either characters so my opinion might not be the best but from what I've seen in tournament doomsday beats mmh. every high level match i've seen between like jupiter and pl or reo and pl doomsday seems to give mmh trouble. just my 2 cents.
Yeah there's like 3 or so fighters that can actually make a MMH main sweat during the fight. Flash DD Lex and someone else maybe idk. It's 5-5 where DD gets zoned out, but when he gets in and stays in he can really beat up MMH. His only way out of the pressure is a wakeup or to catch us in a combo that preferably leaves us damn near full screen. This tech could make the MU a soft 6-4 for forcing MMH to use orbs and normals for setups into tele rather than just using it to check us to get a free combo. Hope this helped @SkaGoogle

E

Eldriken

I don't think Doomsday beats MMH, it's just he has the tools necessary to deal with his shit.