What's new

Question If Doomsday could consistently punish MMH OH teleport with air grab, is the MU in Doomsday's favor?

does this make this MU in Doomsdays favor.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warhungry

The earth shakes beneath my fists.
Since nothing has been posted for DD for a bit I've decided to post this a bit early before I make a video of it. For about maaaybe a few days worth of time I've been working on some tech with Doomsday where he can air grab MMH out of his teleport options. So far what I have found is that it is possible to air grab him out of his OH teleport consistently and it may or may be at a timing where he can block the regular teleport also (if it was a preemptive grab the regular teleport would just punish it). Some players might already know this and most won't but for those of you do I'm trying to find something that can make the window for the air grab wide enough to make it more viable. Anyways I will be posting a video soon when I have the time and enough information to speak of. Please answer the poll I'd love any feedback or tips on pulling this off. Thank you.

Update: Okay guys it's 2 in the morning lets get this wrapped up. I'm gonna try and keep this simple so I can focus on babysitting this thread until I've answered as many posts and questions it takes to satisfy everyone. What I have been trying to accomplish, is if Doomsday can use air grab as an option select to beat MMH tele every single time, the MU can maybe swing into a soft 6-4 in Doomsdays favor. But on the other hand, if the timing is too strict or if the timing didn't allow it (I'll explain that further) then the tech was officially unviable and should be buried 6 feet under. From about half an hour of practice mode, I was able to make a solid conclusion to the ins and outs of this tech. Basically, it's entirely possible to air grab MMH out of his OH tele option every single time if it was scouted and if it was practiced enough. I was able to land it around 10 consecutive times when I was working on it. The concept to this tech, was if I was walking backwards to block, and MMH used tele, I would then move my stick half circle forward (going down of course) and press 1. The timing would be at a point where I will not only air grab him out of OH tele, but as I'm moving my stick down the regular tele will just be blocked so I win every scenario MMH chooses to throw a raw tele. BUT, with the testing I've done, it didn't take too long to see that the timing just didn't allow it to work. The grab timing was damn near preemptive so the regular tele would whiff punish. Think of it kind of like dashing underneath MMH as he teleports. If you dash under, you're a beast and MMH gotta eat some damage, or the regular tele comes up and you whipped for 40%+ on the spot. So yes, this tech doesn't work, I'm officially scrapping it for good but it was fun to work on. Thanks to everyone who commented and gave input, make sure to keep an eye out on the forums for me I'll be posting more unorthodox tech and theories as time passes. Check out my GL tech, it has like no views. Pls.

P.S. If you guys want me to record the video to help explain it I will be happy to fit it into my schedule and finalize this post. Thanks again.

@Shaazzyam
@Eldriken
@Amplified$hotz
@Perfect Legend
@cR_whiteboi
@Peckapowa
@rev0lver
@Immortal Kombat
@Laos_boy
@RunwayMafia
@STB Shujinkydink
@@MylesWright_

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Sorry, little homie, the answer is no. There are characters that are better than Doomsday who have an easier time punishing OH tele and it's still 5-5 in those mus.

I think Flash is the closest you'll get to a bad MU for Martian

Last edited:

Warhungry

Sorry, little homie, the answer is no. There are characters that are better than Doomsday who have an easier time punishing OH tele and it's still 5-5 in those mus.

I think Flash is the closest you'll get to a bad MU for Martian
Well let's put it this way, the only thing I can imagine Flash punishing OH teleport is with headbutt or shake (not sure the validity of this i don't use Flash sorry) and can maybe shake his way around his orbs. The only real thing imo that Flash has over MMH is probably punishing with his BF2 and a harsh corner game that MMH must respect. What I'm trying to say is, Doomsday can pop trait and not care about his orbs or his tele or his wake ups period, Flash would prob have to spend a bar just to get in guaranteed for a combo if it works out for him. The only time MMH has a clear advantage over Doomsday is when he has no trait or meter at distance. Although I do respect your reply I must admit Flash is definitely a candidate to be a winning MU over damn near the whole cast if he manages to touch you including MMH. But imma stick to my guns and say with Doomsdays trait to ignore orbs and grab to take away tele MMH most "broken" tendencies are very limited and any Doomsday player that can do this consistently would make it a soft 6-4 at least.
@Shaazzyam
Please evaluate further I'd love to learn about this a bit more.

Warhungry

It might help. But I don't think a martian is gonna use OH teleport a lot against
Yeah I agree. The concept of this potential tech is that MMH players general throw out OH tele to keep you in check, if they get away with it more they use it a bit more often to try and get advantage or at the very least some chip. But it you were to punish this move, the MMH would use this much less, probably to a point where he won't it at all unless it's guaranteed or he has an orb to make it safe/trades harder than initial air grab damage. And when you stop this you limit his meter gain which limits his damage quite a bit since a lot of his combos start with either MB grab MB orb etc. so MMH begins to rely more on his free starters like 22b3 or an tele setup.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
what about if doomsday could already destroy parrys with his dash? and if his trait worked correctly vs SS and Bane ?

Error404

Noob
The MU is already even at WORST . I think DD even has a slight advantage. Besides you can already full combo punish it if you dash forward while he teleports.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Well let's put it this way, the only thing I can imagine Flash punishing OH teleport is with headbutt or shake (not sure the validity of this i don't use Flash sorry) and can maybe shake his way around his orbs. The only real thing imo that Flash has over MMH is probably punishing with his BF2 and a harsh corner game that MMH must respect. What I'm trying to say is, Doomsday can pop trait and not care about his orbs or his tele or his wake ups period, Flash would prob have to spend a bar just to get in guaranteed for a combo if it works out for him. The only time MMH has a clear advantage over Doomsday is when he has no trait or meter at distance. Although I do respect your reply I must admit Flash is definitely a candidate to be a winning MU over damn near the whole cast if he manages to touch you including MMH. But imma stick to my guns and say with Doomsdays trait to ignore orbs and grab to take away tele MMH most "broken" tendencies are very limited and any Doomsday player that can do this consistently would make it a soft 6-4 at least.
@Shaazzyam
Please evaluate further I'd love to learn about this a bit more.
I can play you online, if you want. The Doomsday MU is one I know too well, I feel you'll change your thoughts toward it if we did.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I dont play against any mmh's that use oh teleport unless its after a knockdown for a setup(which is unsafe). It woudnt change anything for me and i imagine the timing would be very inconsistent.

Warhungry

I can play you online, if you want. The Doomsday MU is one I know too well, I feel you'll change your thoughts toward it if we did.
My GT is below my avatar feel free to add me, I'll be more than happy to work this out into a conclusion.

Warhungry

doesn't supes already punish the Tele and still lose?
it'd be nice. But I still say 5-5. Mmhs aren't playing the mu right. They are playing it like sinestros use to.
Yeah there's a lot of garbage in that MU that makes Superman lose, for example I've noticed one of my clan members picking Supes into Peckpowas MMH online, only to get a j3 on block into an OH tele that apparently crosses up only in that MU. Which is ridiculous. I haven't the MU at the highest level too often but I can imagine that Superman can't zone too much cause of tele and his F2 get beat my MMH with his trait up, so, meh. I'm not sure.

Warhungry

I dont play against any mmh's that use oh teleport unless its after a knockdown for a setup(which is unsafe). It woudnt change anything for me and i imagine the timing would be very inconsistent.
Yeah it's used most on top of a setup to try and get a free combo if you don't block correctly, but I've seen many matches where it's just thrown out and like 90% of the time not punished. But as I said if you can limit MMHs moves to his trait then he kinda loses unless he gets some combos going.

Warhungry

Lex Luthor isn't or is it even?
I see it like the Doomsday Sinestro MU. Doomsday damn near runs over Sinestro, but as soon as Sinestro gets trait it's a real uphill climb. Especially if he already used wager so he can't remove his trait. Lex does okay vs MMH but when he has trait up MMH must respect it or eat combos all day.

Since nothing has been posted for DD for a bit I've decided to post this a bit early before I make a video of it. For about maaaybe a few days worth of time I've been working on some tech with Doomsday where he can air grab MMH out of his teleport options. So far what I have found is that it is possible to air grab him out of his OH teleport consistently and it may or may be at a timing where he can block the regular teleport also (if it was a preemptive grab the regular teleport would just punish it). Some players might already know this and most won't but for those of you do I'm trying to find something that can make the window for the air grab wide enough to make it more viable. Anyways I will be posting a video soon when I have the time and enough information to speak of. Please answer the poll I'd love any feedback or tips on pulling this off. Thank you.
I don't teleport all that frequently vs doomsday... and when i do an air grab wouldn't scare me.. You kind of just play defensive and block and inevitably hope to do more damage.

Warhungry

The MU is already even at WORST . I think DD even has a slight advantage. Besides you can already full combo punish it if you dash forward while he teleports.
Although true, if you underdashing his OH then the regular one starts getting used and you get punished. The tech I'm trying to figure out is to counter both consistently to a point where he doesn't use his teleports unless it's guaranteed, which is kinda big.

Warhungry

I don't teleport all that frequently vs doomsday... and when i do an air grab wouldn't scare me.. You kind of just play defensive and block and inevitably hope to do more damage.
Yeah I've beaten your MMH like once lol. Gotta go through the minefield and go in.

Yeah Lex is even
lex and flash are the best candidates to beat martian... DD is a character that preys on tourney nerves and mistakes, but in the long run at the highest level if one character wins it is probably martian. Lex is the most awkward and annoying matchup because one slip up and lex can destroy you...but lex is very suscetible to martian's zoning if done correctly due to his hitbox and mobility issues.

flash on paper might do the best of the group.