What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster Ice Burst Klone Shatter Not Comboing Correctly

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
His Ice Burst only combos when it is in front of the Klone Shatter. If the Klone Shatter is right on top of the Ice Burst it no longer combos. For some reason Klone Shatter has higher priority than Ice Burst and since it has slower startup it causes a missed combo. Strangely a raw Klone burst registers the 2 hits and damage correctly.

1,2 Burst and B+3,3 do combo and cause a knockdown. With Klone up close it incorrectly registers the combo and damage and does not cause the knockdown. Every string I did with close Klone Burst registered 1 less hit than it should have and gave less damage than it should have. For example I did B+3,3 close Klone Burst which registered 3 hits and 17%. Then I did a spaced out B+3,3 Klone Burst it registered 4 hits and 24%. The game is ignoring the Burst hit count, hitstun, and damage. It's only registering the Shatter hit count and damage but not the hitstun. The opponent is still able to block immediately.

Last edited:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
It works just fine. Ask yourself this, when will you ever have an ice clone that close to the opponent? Sub can easily setup the right spacing of his corner setups and most of his strings into clone won't leave the clone that close.

loogie

Noob
It works just fine. Ask yourself this, when will you ever have an ice clone that close to the opponent? Sub can easily setup the right spacing of his corner setups and most of his strings into clone won't leave the clone that close.
that's not really an answer for this.
why isn't it comboing consistently?

and please don't say it is designed to be this way ...

loogie

Noob
His Ice Burst only combos when it is in front of the Klone Shatter. If the Klone Shatter is right on top of the Ice Burst it no longer combos. For some reason Klone Shatter has higher priority than Ice Burst and since it has slower startup it causes a missed combo.

strange
never happened to me, but I probably haven't put up a clone that close to the opponent then shattered it. but still ... it looks buggy.

needs some testing after string cancels to see which one leads into a shatter combo and which doesn't. top of mind, 123 into clone cancel would leave a close up clone.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
It isn't functioning correctly. A good Sub Zero would put the Klone as close as possible to keep mobility limited. Leaving some more space makes it combo but gives chances for armored moves.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
You guys have no idea what's even going on in that video to say it's working improperly. Example, b33xx ice bomb does 14% by itself. With the clone close it does 17%, spaced out it does 22%.

Because the clone is so close it's causing the shatter to hit with the last few active frames of shatters hitbox which causes less hitstun and damage. Shatter is working fine, for example in Street Fighter hitting a character with the last few frames of a dragon punch has similar effect.

Also @crosshair271 you will never be putting the clone that close unless you literally do walk up raw clone. Every normal/string/corner setup will never put the clone that close.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
You guys have no idea what's even going on in that video to say it's working improperly. Example, b33xx ice bomb does 14% by itself. With the clone close it does 17%, spaced out it does 22%.

Because the clone is so close it's causing the shatter to hit with the last few active frames of shatters hitbox which causes less hitstun and damage. Shatter is working fine, for example in Street Fighter hitting a character with the last few frames of a dragon punch has similar effect.

Also @crosshair271 you will never be putting the clone that close unless you literally do walk up raw clone. Every normal/string/corner setup will never put the clone that close.
That makes no sense with the Street Fighter example. Being so close would make the Burst and shatter hit on the first active frame not the last few.

1,2 Burst and B+3,3 do combo and cause a knockdown. With Klone up close it incorrectly registers the combo and damage and does not cause the knockdown. Every string I did with close Klone Burst registered 1 less hit than it should have and gave less damage than it should have. For example I did B+3,3 close Klone Burst which registered 3 hits and 17%. Then I did a spaced out B+3,3 Klone Burst it registered 4 hits and 24%. The game is ignoring the Burst hit count, hitstun, and damage. It's only registering the Shatter hit count and damage but not the hitstun. The opponent is still able to block immediately.

NJP, FJP/FJK, F+1,2, Klone. NJP, FJP/FJK, NJK, Klone. NJP, FJP/FJK, B+3,3,D+4, Klone.
These are a few examples of the Klone being that close off of a setup.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Lol. I was having fun with F4,2~ clone situations when noticed similar thing.

If you cancel F4,2 ~clone and do another F4,2 ~shatter it will cause 18% dmg. But if you plant raw clone and do F4,2~shatter, you'll net 25%. Proximity seams very similar.
I'm not saying there's something wrong here, course frankly I dunno and besides it came to my attention as by-product since I was looking for something else. Curious how it works, though.
Could clone cancel had less dmg power (for a lack of better words), because it came up as a part of previous combo and drags some dmg scaling, mayhap.

Last edited:

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Lol. I was having fun with F4,2~ clone situations when noticed similar thing.

If you cancel F4,2 ~clone and do another F4,2 ~shatter it will cause 18% dmg. But if you plant raw clone and do F4,2~shatter, you'll net 25%. Proximity seams very similar.
I'm not saying there's something wrong here, course frankly I dunno and besides it came to my attention as by-product since I was looking for something else. Curious how it works, though.
Could clone cancel had less dmg power (for a lack of better words), because it came up as a part of previous combo and drags some dmg scaling, mayhap.
No I checked the percentages and it is literally dropping the Ice Burst. You get 1 less hit, a big percent of damage missing and you lose the knockdown. This is a bug.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
No I checked the percentages and it is literally dropping the Ice Burst. You get 1 less hit, a big percent of damage missing and you lose the knockdown. This is a bug.
It certainly looks odd. I dare not say anything more... :DOGE

From what I see raw clone is slightly farther from opponent than f4 2 xxx clone also opponent is standing in opposite stance. To me it looks like spacing. We all know that the reason for shatter combos being considered inconsistent is the proper spacing to make them work.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Someone from NRS needs to hit the Tare button to get Sub, zero'd

Cause he pretty damn inconsistent