What's new

IADG frame disadvantage

haketh

Noob
yeah, I always nj when I iadg.

I don't think it's possible to do it that low every time and I'm pretty sure spacing affects frame data as well as height. If you do iadg from closer up I think Flash can always punish
It's possible to get it that consistent. I'm not there yet but I'm working on it.

4x4lo8o

Noob
just keep trying it yourself, was doing it against ds sword flip when I was originally testing it for foxy
Sword Flip is a slower move, I can do it and block Sword Flip every time. I've tested and I don't think it's possible to block Flying Uppercut at all spacings until I see it

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sword Flip is a slower move, I can do it and block Sword Flip every time. I've tested and I don't think it's possible to block Flying Uppercut at all spacings until I see it
I cant get it either, it seems to lose a couple frames of negativity from further distances, but thats fine considering you're supposed to use it from its max distance anyway.

4x4lo8o

Noob
It's possible to get it that consistent. I'm not there yet but I'm working on it.
Maybe. I think it's harder to get an iadg that low than it is to get a perfect iagb from MK9 or than Cyborg's ianb and you don't see anyone doing those right every single time despite that fact that you have to use those dozens of times a match. If you can do it though, more power to you

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing

The funny thing is its safe against Corps charge but not flying upper weird.

4x4lo8o

Noob
The funny thing is its safe against Corps charge but not flying upper weird.
Corps Charge has a fast start up but covers distance slowly compared to Flying Uppercut. At max range Corps Charge is 10-12 frames. It's basically always better to use Flying Uppercut if you're testing if something's safe

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...

just checked that out..
sorry to disappoint you but even this one ISN'T -5 , is -6 !! This is the LOWEST and i will edit it in my first post also!! i tryed over 200 times..maybe with mod controller can do the best one..the magic -5!! IF someone did it please i want video responce with it at the CORNER which has the least pushback and NOT be punished by the flash's reverse flying uppercut..

also the just frame -6 iadg hits so low on weird hidbox that makes that pushback even bigger(if not being at sweep range which again can be punished by F.Uppercut) ..if you do it 1,5 character away you can't punish it because this crazy pushback which makes the uppercut hit at the 7th frame so will be blocked..
also in the -7 iadg when it hits crouched Flash can be punished by F.U. even on max range!if he is standing the possibilities to be safe is big..

so in the MU with Flash you have to do:
the LOWEST iadg everytime from 1,5 character away
or
the -7 one at HALF SCREEN AWAY range and he must be STANDING..
any other can be punished!
good luck with that :)

okay so people can count in human errors when doing iadg but they cant take human reactions into account when people try to punish iadg. its a fast forward advancing special so wouldn't it take some time to react to it, this is obviously training mode when you actually know the move is coming.

4x4lo8o

Noob
just checked that out..
sorry to disappoint you but even this one ISN'T -5 , is -6 !! This is the LOWEST and i will edit it in my first post also!! i tryed over 200 times..maybe with mod controller can do the best one..the magic -5!! IF someone did it please i want video responce with it at the CORNER which has the least pushback and NOT be punished by the flash's reverse flying uppercut..

also the just frame -6 iadg hits so low on weird hidbox that makes that pushback even bigger(if not being at sweep range which again can be punished by F.Uppercut) ..if you do it 1,5 character away you can't punish it because this crazy pushback which makes the uppercut hit at the 7th frame so will be blocked..
also in the -7 iadg when it hits crouched Flash can be punished by F.U. even on max range!if he is standing the possibilities to be safe is big..

so in the MU with Flash you have to do:
the LOWEST iadg everytime from 1,5 character away
or
the -7 one at HALF SCREEN AWAY range and he must be STANDING..
any other can be punished!
good luck with that :)
The only claim I made was that it can be done on Flash so that he can't punish with Flying Uppercut, and I made the video because you told me it couldn't be done and seemed to be claiming I wasn't doing a reversal(I don't know how anyone would even be making that mistake)

4x4lo8o

Noob
okay so people can count in human errors when doing iadg but they cant take human reactions into account when people try to punish iadg. its a fast forward advancing special so wouldn't it take some time to react to it, this is obviously training mode when you actually know the move is coming.
We're discussing the the frame data - technical stuff and theory. Obviously we're not going to talk about human reaction time

If this were a guide thread claiming you shouldn't iadg because it's punishable every time, then I might see where you're coming from, but it makes no sense for anyone to be talking about human reaction time when all we're trying to do is compile frame data and technical information about punishes

Nivek

(I don't know how anyone would even be making that mistake)
My eyes have seen a lot and my ears have heard a lot :p

Anyway i agree with you and im sorry that i doupted you..but you didn't tell me any details..you just said can't be punished :D
After all if you duck you can always punish it exept the just frame one with the flash mu

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
yeah
this is exactly why I "thought" i was doing IADG... i was never punished.

I was wrong.

the lowest one looks like you can rip out a parry 99% of the time and just crush someone for pushing buttons.

We're discussing the the frame data - technical stuff and theory. Obviously we're not going to talk about human reaction time

If this were a guide thread claiming you shouldn't iadg because it's punishable every time, then I might see where you're coming from, but it makes no sense for anyone to be talking about human reaction time when all we're trying to do is compile frame data and technical information about punishes

yeah I know what you mean, but iirc this thread was made because somewhere else people were discussing about iadgf being more punishable than it actually is.

Nivek

yeah I know what you mean, but iirc this thread was made because somewhere else people were discussing about iadgf being more punishable than it actually is.

No,that thread was made because somewhere else people were discussing about iadgf being LESS punishable than it actually is

DarkPage

Noob
Such a frustrating move to master only because it's really just something you have to get better at and no tips are really gonna help been using this move for like 4 months an not once have I got it that close to the ground unless I timed it on the way down from a jump

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Today I started messing around with WW and I was able to get it that low about half the time. Still need some work. This character has a lot of stuff going on, takes some practice. It's awesome.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
My main concern is that if you don't land this correctly, say hello to a full combo punish.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
My main concern is that if you don't land this correctly, say hello to a full combo punish.
You should be able to do it so that it is at least safe vs almost every full combo punish very consistently, at least offline. Maybe not frame perfect, but still very safe.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
IADG is the sickest thing in the world. If you can do this consistently, I find it shuts down so many long range options against WW. practice!!!