What's new

IADG frame disadvantage

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
Because there was a small argument for her iadg move and it's frames, i went to the lab to check them again myself..

so..

i checked it with Batman vs WW in practice mode with the frames that we already have in the move list and the results are :

EDIT:Belt : -6
lower abs : -7
Higher abs : -8
Under nipples : -9
Over nipples : -10
Throat : -11
Mouth : -12
Nose-eyes : -13
Forehead : -14
Pointy ears : -15
Above(hitbox?)-(16+)

In conclusion it's at least -6 at the best but in midscreen the pushback makes it safe in most of the cast..
EDIT:I was going to delete this about active frames but is interesting info and im gonna keep them..
And something that i observed is that on the corner i was able to punish her iadg with Doomday's d1 and Aquaman's d2 which are both 7frame..but on midscreen she was able to BLOCK them..

What that means??
It means that both DDs d1 and AMs d2 are 7 frame on the FIRST active frame!!
The pushback makes the first active frame to whiff and the second/third/whatever frame hit that comes is blocked!! that happens with many moves for example Batman's b2,Flash's Flying Uppercut etc etc...!

Finally in my mind i already have 4 characters that "always" punish her iadg

1)Superman's Super(obvious...even with the 3 extra frame nerf)
2)Flash's Flying Uppercut DB3* (edit:under specific times when it isn't the j.f. -6 or max range standing -7,all other are punishable)
3)Batman's Bats* (edit:eek:n the right even with 1 bat,on the left he needs full trait)
4)Martian Man Hunter? (he has 5 frame jab with trait it's maybe possible.Haven't tested)

Now discuss with FACTS!! Not guesses..

lol at the nipple height. frame data is different for a fast forward move that you can't block on reaction, It takes frames for you to react, which might make -7 safe. I don't think it is possible to do a frame perfect punish consistently on a supermanlike move.

BTW: I do the nipple iadg daily in real life.

4x4lo8o

Noob
lol that ... it looked like she didn't even jump.

did you do that on a NJ?
yeah, I always nj when I iadg.

I don't think it's possible to do it that low every time and I'm pretty sure spacing affects frame data as well as height. If you do iadg from closer up I think Flash can always punish

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
yeah, I always nj when I iadg.

I don't think it's possible to do it that low every time and I'm pretty sure spacing affects frame data as well as height. If you do iadg from closer up I think Flash can always punish

No spacing doesnt affect it

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Can you get video of a blocked iadg at point blank that Flash can't reversal punish?

I haven't been able to do it after a bunch of trying

just keep trying it yourself, was doing it against ds sword flip when I was originally testing it for foxy

Crathen

Death is my business
just keep trying it yourself, was doing it against ds sword flip when I was originally testing it for foxy

DS Sword Flip is 8 frames on startup tho , it will punish non perfect IADG , i'll get in some testing too just out of curiosity