What's new

"I win. I always win." - The Official General Zod Discussion Thread

Is Zod really as good as you guys say he is lol? I started playing him seriously a few weeks ago and whenever I use him: In every match vs any strength of player it feels like I'm climbing a mountain, every game is close and its very hard to start anything or do anything properly defensively (unless you get trait out). Out of all the characters I use he takes the most work to win with. He has very powerful offense when he has trait out, but bad defense. He feels like a glass cannon. I'm gonna keep using him because he's awesome and has solid tools and feels very rewarding. I'm not complaining or saying that hes bad. I'm just asking: is he really that overpowering to that many characters?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Is Zod really as good as you guys say he is lol? I started playing him seriously a few weeks ago and whenever I use him: In every match vs any strength of player it feels like I'm climbing a mountain, every game is close and its very hard to start anything or do anything properly defensively (unless you get trait out). Out of all the characters I use he takes the most work to win with. He has very powerful offense when he has trait out, but bad defense. He feels like a glass cannon. I'm gonna keep using him because he's awesome and has solid tools and feels very rewarding. I'm not complaining or saying that hes bad. I'm just asking: is he really that overpowering to that many characters?
takes a seriously long time

top 5 yes

This is probably already known cause its so simple, but here you go lol . Interactable into trait grab. Is there anything else like this? I thought before that only the chair of goods could be comboed off of. (sorry for shitty quality cell phone camera)

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
This is probably already known cause its so simple, but here you go lol . Interactable into trait grab. Is there anything else like this? I thought before that only the chair of goods could be comboed off of. (sorry for shitty quality cell phone camera)

Nice! There are quite a few interactions that can be combo'd into other than the chair of goods. Pig should be uploading a new video soon with a BUNCH of interaction tech.

Seems like you get to check someone with another zod charge after you hit them with a ZC and all they can do is block #respect
Also, I can do every Zod trait cancel except 4 F2 D4 #tears

M2Dave

Zoning Master
No, I'm talking about how if you do ZC immediately after you hit them with Zod charge it will beat all of AM's wakeup attacks so he just has to stand there. fuck it maybe i should just make a video...
Perhaps. But this "tech" is pointless because charge is full combo punishable on block.

If charge were safe, everything would be different. Zod would have access to a simple-minded special move without any consequences. We Zod players would beat many characters 7:3. We would claim that we are doing all the work, not our character. In other words, we would be Martian Manhunter players.

Perhaps. But this "tech" is pointless because charge is full combo punishable on block.

If charge were safe, everything would be different. Zod would have access to a simple-minded special move without any consequences. We Zod players would beat many characters 7:3. We would claim that we are doing all the work, not our character. In other words, we would be Martian Manhunter players.
Well it beats MMH's teleport so I use it to keep him grounded lol. Where's the fun if you cant take a little bit of risk (-15 ZC) and nail someone for moving every once in awhile?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

This post leading up to the last sentence made me crack up.

Till I realized how depressing and true it was...

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So if I were a guy looking to improve myself in the Zod match-up, what would be the most common Zod mix-ups that I should practice blocking?

What are his staple mix-ups/set ups that a wise player should know how to block?

Are there true 50/50s, or is his stuff reactable? This last one may seem like a dumb question, but I am more than willing to allow for the fact that I am simply not reacting quickly enough. Does that make sense?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I got a question for Pig, I during the Scraps #20, you were "poking" your opponent with non MB'd ground blasts, may I ask why?

Waffles775

lover of fighting games, especially the old ones
I dont know if this is known or even useful, but in the corner whenever you land a phantom strike, d1 or d12 at the end of a juggle, or a d3 dash forward and jump uf you get a weird jump back that can avoid/punishe wakeups, so far I have tested this on Supes: Low Scoop, BA:Cage and AM: Trident Sccop Doesn't work on Bane: VU. Probably useless with his other crossup wakeup shenanigans.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I dont know if this is known or even useful, but in the corner whenever you land a phantom strike, d1 or d12 at the end of a juggle, or a d3 dash forward and jump uf you get a weird jump back that can avoid/punishe wakeups, so far I have tested this on Supes: Low Scoop, BA:Cage and AM: Trident Sccop Doesn't work on Bane: VU. Probably useless with his other crossup wakeup shenanigans.
I've had this happen to me in match and it actually throws you off if you're not ready. I never really thought about using it on purpose, maybe it can be a good wake-up bait if you can do the goofy jumpback consistently.

Waffles775

lover of fighting games, especially the old ones
I've had this happen to me in match and it actually throws you off if you're not ready. I never really thought about using it on purpose, maybe it can be a good wake-up bait if you can do the goofy jumpback consistently.
It is consistent so it could possibly be used against certain wakeups. I did run into a superman that delayed his scoop (probably not on purpose) and caught me when doing thus. I was playing online so ofc I didn't eat that much damage.
Also, does anybody want to add me? I feel like I am not learning nothing online.