What's new

I will NOT play at Final Round...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Not trying to get involved here, but how is he being a diva? He's only concerned over the possibility of the brackets getting affected again and wants to help things run smoothly.

Me, personally, I don't want to see Tom give up his position as a competitor after he just got done with MLG. But this is his choice. I just hope it's the best one to make.
Exactly. All the man wants to do is help. It's not like he's never gonna compete again.

Flagg

Noob
Tom Brady, you're a hero and I think if anyone was going to make the scene look far more professional at the next North America tournament, then you're the guy to do it.

I do worry that you are sacrificing your competitive place in the scene for things like this though.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
We've already established that computers can generate brackets without bias.

With that said, if people don't know tools that make bias-less brackets, would people be interested if I made one? These kind of things take time but I'm not traveling for sure until FR. I could use spare time to make a web tool (which would use an universal database that would be open source) and each player will have a long history. I'd keep the log updated and make sure all the info is free for all. Hell, I'll even share all the algorithm I use if people claim that something shady is going on with brackets.

We've discussed flaws, let's come up with alternative to progress and be better. If it means I create a tool for all of us to have better events. I'm down.

TL;DR: I'm willing for FUCKING FREE to make a tool that would allow Tom Brady to compete in good conscience. (Estimated time of work: 100 hours) Considering this is a huge investement, I'll keep an ear out. If the demand is worth it I'll do it.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

With that said, if people don't know tools that make bias-less brackets, would people be interested if I made one? These kind of things take time but I'm not traveling for sure until FR. I could use spare time to make a web tool (which would use an universal database that would be open source) and each player will have a long history. I'd keep the log updated and make sure all the info is free for all. Hell, I'll even share all the algorithm I use if people claim that something shady is going on with brackets.

We've discussed flaws, let's come up with alternative to progress and be better. If it means I create a tool for all of us to have better events. I'm down.

TL;DR: I'm willing for FUCKING FREE to make a tool that would allow Tom Brady to compete in good conscience. (Estimated time of work: 100 hours) Considering this is a huge investement, I'll keep an ear out. If the demand is worth it I'll do it.
I was actually thinking about opening up a project on Github and doing a call for developers just to get this thing banged out. Just make sure that you get buy-in from Brady and other TO's before undertaking the project, because my hesitation was that no one would use it despite the work put in.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I was actually thinking about opening up a project on Github and doing a call for developers just to get this thing banged out. Just make sure that you get buy-in from Brady and other TO's before undertaking the project, because my hesitation was that no one would use it despite the work put in.
Yeah that's the thing. We already have tio which is good base. Don't get me wrong. But I'm not gonna make the tool if nobody is gonna use it either lol. We need to clearly establish what the current need is to offer the tool that gives exactly what is expected out of it. It's an offer and if it were up to me I'd be a web app so even stream monsters can see brackets via another server (to not DDoS the brackets TO uses hahaha)

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
I hope Tom plays but I can't blame him for doing this after witnessing the silliness of NEC!

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Tom Brady Then consider this my resignation in the offline scene. The day this is necessary is the day I no longer want a part in tournaments.

BS3OOO

Noob
I don't have any factual information, but it seems like Tom Brady does this so everyone can run and tell him how much they need him. It's too consistent to be a conspiracy.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

This is what I've been working on for weeks.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Tom Brady
I love you with all my heart and plenty of homo, and can appreciate your selflessness, but please leave it to the TOs. We need the Brady hype and we need bitches to get x rayed. If you play, I will fulfill one kommunity demand of me (within reason.) You're the ninja we don't deserve, but need.

I will also post a beautiful woman in the hopes your erection will fuel you to play.
This has fueled me to go Final Round

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Cause she's gonna be there, right? RIGHT!?
lol yeah. But not only because the girl, but I have missed way too many tournaments in a row. I planned on going to MLG Dallas, missed it. Planned on going to Console Combat in Novemeber, missed it. Planned on going to NEC, missed it. I'm gonna be pissed if I miss another major