What's new

I will NOT play at Final Round...

the tournaments are fine the way they have been. people caused too much fuss over some issues at nec, which probably won't even happen ever again. and just because they know tom brady is seeding the brackets the trolls will come out and blow this up, people will complain even if there is one player misplaced in their opinion.

@ tom brady, just play

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
LBSH, Tom's only doing this because the chances of him making top 16 are slim at Final Round due to Pig and Pokchop. What's the point in him spending money on a tournament when he could probably get in for free, commentate, and blab about how he's a top 10 player without having to back it up?

LBSH, Tom's only doing this because the chances of him making top 16 are slim at Final Round due to Pig and Pokchop. What's the point in him spending money on a tournament when he could probably get in for free, commentate, and blab about how he's a top 10 player without having to back it up?
actually out of all the top players, tom is one the top players that actually does better against pig imo. also he beat a bunch of good people at nec and some of those were 7-3 matchups, he made top 8.

KL bro.. GTFO if you think a Kenshi is gonna beat me...

Once again you hate on me lol but I do not blame you because I will always be the only consistent top 8 tourney placer to always get picked to miss top 16.

The reason why I am doing this is because its ridiculous that the MK community wants to make some new system to do brackets while the rest of the fgc can still do things like normal. ppl here should stfu and just let things run as they always have.

and CrimsonShadow your chess system will not work because players like myself will be very low seeds because of how many events I missed(6) because of not being able to compete at MLG.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

Once again you hate on me lol but I do not blame you because I will always be the only consistent top 8 tourney placer to always get picked to miss top 16.

and CrimsonShadow your chess system will not work because players like myself will be very low seeds because of how many events I missed(6) because of not being able to compete at MLG.
I have never watched Pokchop play before, he actually likes like a decent player. He did pretty well for fighting a bad matchup

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
NO, I 100% will NOT plat at FR so that someone who knows how to do brackets and run them can do so without the community accusing someone of bias.

Pig got killed for it last year, now again this year we have a situation where someone else was accused of it. This way the event can have bractets done right and run right, without anyone accusing anyone of bias or rigging.
Pig got killed for it because he happened to go up against a Jax player, a Liu Kang player, and 2 Kitanas at a period of the game when no one had any fucking clue how to deal with Kenshi. Does that mean he rigged the bracket? No, it doesn`t. Does that mean his wins don`t count? No, it doesn`t. But this is not March 2011 anymore. And as a SubZero main, said scenario could never ever ever ever happen to you since Sub doesn`t have buttloads of 7-3 matchups in his favor. Compete. We need you there.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Tom you needs to play, your matches bring the kinda hype this community needs to survive.

Fuck seeds, i'm down to see two top players hash it out early and have some randoms in top 8. What's wrong with that?

this is so dumb.. can we just go do things like the rest of the fgc? how is this hard? I want to play, but if we cant be fucking normal then I'll help this way.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Tom you needs to play, your matches bring the kinda hype this community needs to survive.

Fuck seeds, i'm down to see two top players hash it out early and have some randoms in top 8. What's wrong with that?
Randoms won't make it to top 8 because its double elimination. Even if a top player loses early, they can fight their way out. The argument that some "nobody" would make it to top 16/8 baffles me. That person will still have their share of adversity when moving through pools.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
this is so dumb.. can we just go do things like the rest of the fgc? how is this hard? I want to play, but if we cant be fucking normal then I'll help this way.
It bothers me that things cant be done the way they always have been because someone cares about what other people say. It shouldnt matter what some ignorant dicks have to say.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

The reason why I am doing this is because its ridiculous that the MK community wants to make some new system to do brackets while the rest of the fgc can still do things like normal. ppl here should stfu and just let things run as they always have.

Tom you do realize if i did it vs shin doing it itd be about the same Only difference is I know the winter warz of the world and others

You'd fall in anywhere from 7-12 seed

Youre being a huge baby over nothing

Using nec 2012, scr 2013, FF 2012 and SB plus NFG to complement

Whats the big f ing issue?

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Randoms won't make it to top 8 because its double elimination. Even if a top player loses early, they can fight their way out. The argument that some "nobody" would make it to top 16/8 baffles me. That person will still have their share of adversity when moving through pools.
I didn't say they will, I said i'm down to see one in top 8. Is it really that baffling to image a player you don't know of... being good at the game?

Justice

Noob
With all due respect dood, this is the only smart post in this entire thread. Do you really think it's gonna make a difference who sets up the brackets? Whiney bitches will do what they do best regardless of who sets up the brackets. If you still want to drop out to help with the brackets, fine. It's your decision to do so. Just remember that whether or not you help will NOT help the problem. At best, you're just putting a band-aid on it for one tournament. What happens when people complain about that one? You gonna drop out of the next one and the next one and the next one?

What I think you should do is play. By not playing, you are sending the message that you, one of our community leaders, don't trust our TO's to seed properly. If you were to come on here, announce that you are playing and that you ENDORSE whoever is running the tournament, I think that would go farther to healing the community.

Like I said, it's your decision and nothing I say ultimately matters. I'm just giving my point-of-view that will hopefully give some perspective to everyone on the matter.

Tom, tournament numbers matter. Mr wizard looks at those for what games to be at Evo. You are hurting the community by not playing. The tournament organizers should handle their own tournament. So quit being a pecker and play.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i just dont think we need a "ranking system" to do brackets. why does NO OTHER game need this?
THIS>................
it has nothing to do with Tom Brady..... it has to do with everyone wanting a seed or a rank.....

edit: tom's just smart enough to know if he puts his name out there to be blown up.... everyone will at least read the posts.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I think seeding top players is kinda unfair to new players attending tournaments. It just kinda ensures we see the same people in top 8 everytime. like charlie said, seeding teammates and regions makes sense. But top 8 seeding seems dumb.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I just don't like the mentality. "If it's broke, DON'T FIX IT."

The current system is broken as proved time and time again. The community wants to better itself, why not let it?

Also, why the fuck am I always playing devils advocate?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Tom I don't know everything about seeding etc however I have to say the following. The system Crimson and Pig Of The Hut are working on may very well be something that the Street fighter community and others look at and embrace. Honestly in my opinion a discussion should be made with the TOs and everyone else. I know we in the mk community are considered shit at times to the fighting game community with the expecting of a few. but being we are a smaller community isn't it possible we can change something that others may embrace.

I understand what you said Tom Brady in regards to haven't played in a bit due to mlg which may result in a bad seed. But honestly from most of the comments I have seen mutilpe threads and posts on this Site since NEC it seems a change is being requested but not at the expense of someone such as yourself or anyone else that is a high level player/fan favorite that many want to see too remove them self from the tourney. That's punishing the community. Tom lbsh you bring hype. People that can't pay you online want to a chance to play you at a tournament because you don't play online. I also strongly agree with Phil an outside entity can't do this at this time. But what's wrong with trying this new system when it's complete if it hasn't been as of this post.

9.95 I have read your post/thread and you stated the Street fighter community will laugh at us if we change the bracket system or outsource it. I don't wish to derail this thread but. . I say the same thing to you I responded to in this thread. The system pig and Crimson are working on how can we judge it without knowing what it is capable of yet. Mind you I don't think you have judge it yet. I am not trying to sound stupid or aggravate you but isn't it a good thing this community as small at times it may be is trying to help the unpaid staff such as your self and others giving you suggestions instead of trolling. Lbsh small community or not who says we can't change the fgc by leading by example.

Finally Pig Of The Hut was trolled by a few people who i assume most in this community can give a shit about their opinion in regards to the rigging bs. I Sure as hell don't give a shit what they said or still say and just because I been on tym for a yr or so didn't mean i haven't followed this community for yrs.
We as a whole community can learn from nec and other tourneys and try a change such as the one being sugested by pig and Crimson wHo are working and trying to do a positive change. I hate to see the day that "trolls win". So I hope that you and everyone works this out. You bring as much hype Tom as the other players AND IF not honestly more.

One more thing everyone I don't know why no one will agree that when online registration ends as it does with each torney brackets and pools can be made prior. LBSH if I am seeing the newest batman movie and show up at 10pm when it starts @10:15pm can I have that perfect seat. In my opinion no. Maybe it's a bad comparison but that is my opinion.

I do hope no one calls me a Noob because that thought process made me not tell phil that there was lag on Saturday at nec in the steam station. I hope everyone thinks about the real of txt I just sent and then responds.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2