What's new

Return of the Kombat Nazi - step 1 in Fixing things

Noob
Many of you remember him from his major debut at ECT3. That tournament, as stated by SweetJohnnyCage was a debacle. One thing shined though... The Kombat Nazi. He moved through arguably the hardest MK9 brackets in a VERY overcrowded, loud room, dealing with hour long electrical delays, player delays, and EXTREMELY LIBERAL USE of his DQ hammer.

Returning for Winter Brawl, please welcome back rsiegel28, aka, The Kombat Nazi.

-Does not compete in MK9 but knows the players.

-Does not care who wins, nor could he give two you know whats.

-Looks at this as a job, not a hobby. Point A to Point B. Get in the way and get run over.

-Takes a little sinister pleasure in seeing irresponsible players get DQ'd.

-The only Bias he has is toward people who are late without a valid reason(playing in another tournament)

-Piss Breaks, Food runs, and other breaks: Be responsible. Know you may have to play at a moment's notice when your pool is running. Disappear and risk DQ. You are not a child, you are a tournament player and expected to be responsible for yourself. I am not your father and I will not hold your hand and walk you to your matches. Be there, because I don't care.

-Unruly, disruptive, and disrespectful players will not be tolerated. Trash talk is fine. Screw with my ability to get efficiently from Point A to Point B and I will make it impossible for you to advance efficiently in the tournament. If you threaten another player with physical harm, I will put my foot so far up your ass I will wear you as a shoe. This is your only warning on this: make another player's life hell and yours will become worse.

-Register on time for the tournament. If you cannot make it by the time your pool begins, expect to be DQ'd. Do not expect me or any other Staff member to hold a spot for you in the tournament because you can't make it in time for the start of the tournament.

-Do not complain about seeding or bracket placement. You're welcome to walk out the door. I do not care one way or the other. The complaint department is located in the parking lot of the venue. Vent your frustrations there, not to me because it only makes my job easier to get from A to B without the extra player. You have been warned.

-Do not demand to play on stream. This is the easiest way to be sure that the only stream time you will get is if you happen to make top 8.

-If there is a problem with a setup, tell me. My ability to care about your problem is based entirely on your ability to open your mouth respectfully. Be a dick and your setup won't be a priority, be nice and I'll handle it. Point is, tell me. If you don't then you complain, your problem, not mine. If you lost because you didn't speak up, then you deserved to lose.

-Report your scores. This is not difficult. This is the basic premise of anything competitive, there is one winner and one loser. If I do not know who won by the time you are holding up my tournament, I will randomly DQ one of the players from that match and DQ the other player from his next match without thinking about it. There will be no arguing this. Want to avoid this? Take 5 seconds to report your score.

-Practice good personal hygiene. Shower and deodorize. Bring deodorant with you. If you stink, I will ask you to produce your deodorant and use it in front of me. This will resolve the issue without further incident. If you do not have the deodorant with you, I will have deodorant and Febreeze which you will be forced to use. If you refuse the deodorant, I will personally Febreeze you. Said deodorant and Febreeze will be a straight up trade for a loss. If this DQ's you from the tournament, so be it. Don't be a stinky ass and you'll be fine.

You wanted no nonsense... you got it. Welcome back, Kombat Nazi.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
-Looks at this as a job, not a hobby. Point A to Point B. Get in the way and get run over.
To quote Jack Nicholson's The Joker from Tim Burton's Batman:

"I like him already!"

Noob
Oh, and I forgot to add:
-The only Bias he has is toward people who are late without a valid reason(playing in another tournament)

Noob
More rules via The Kombat Nazi:

-Piss Breaks, Food runs, and other breaks: Be responsible. Know you may have to play at a moment's notice when your pool is running. Disappear and risk DQ. You are not a child, you are a tournament player and expected to be responsible for yourself. I am not your father and I will not hold your hand and walk you to your matches. Be there, because I don't care.

-Unruly, disruptive, and disrespectful players will not be tolerated. Trash talk is fine. Screw with my ability to get efficiently from Point A to Point B and I will make it impossible for you to advance efficiently in the tournament. If you threaten another player with physical harm, I will put my foot so far up your ass I will wear you as a shoe. This is your only warning on this: make another player's life hell and yours will become worse.

-Register on time for the tournament. If you cannot make it by the time your pool begins, expect to be DQ'd. Do not expect me or any other Staff member to hold a spot for you in the tournament because you can't make it in time for the start of the tournament.

-Do not complain about seeding or bracket placement. You're welcome to walk out the door. I do not care one way or the other. The complaint department is located in the parking lot of the venue. Vent your frustrations there, not to me because it only makes my job easier to get from A to B without the extra player. You have been warned.

-Do not demand to play on stream. This is the easiest way to be sure that the only stream time you will get is if you happen to make top 8.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Many of you remember him from his major debut at ECT3. That tournament, as stated by SweetJohnnyCage was a debacle. One thing shined though... The Kombat Nazi. He moved through arguably the hardest MK9 brackets in a VERY overcrowded, loud room, dealing with hour long electrical delays, player delays, and EXTREMELY LIBERAL USE of his DQ hammer.

Returning for Winter Brawl, please welcome back rsiegel28, aka, The Kombat Nazi.

You wanted no nonsense... you got it. Welcome back, Kombat Nazi.
Sounds like Jason Wilson to me.

Noob
-If there is a problem with a setup, tell me. My ability to care about your problem is based entirely on your ability to open your mouth respectfully. Be a dick and your setup won't be a priority, be nice and I'll handle it. Point is, tell me. If you don't then you complain, your problem, not mine. If you lost because you didn't speak up, then you deserved to lose.

Noob
More from the Kombat Nazi:
-Report your scores. This is not difficult. This is the basic premise of anything competitive, there is one winner and one loser. If I do not know who won by the time you are holding up my tournament, I will randomly DQ one of the players from that match and DQ the other player from his next match without thinking about it. There will be no arguing this. Want to avoid this? Take 5 seconds to report your score.

-Practice good personal hygiene. Shower and deodorize. Bring deodorant with you. If you stink, I will have deodorant which you will be forced to use. Said deodorant will be a straight up trade for a loss. If this DQ's you from the tournament, so be it. Don't be a stinky ass and you'll be fine.

Hahaha, this guy sounds awesome! I know some people may think this is over-the-top, but the truth is, sensible rules that are strictly adhered by is the best way to complete something fairly.

Hell I may start coming to tournaments again if this guy is there--my pool won't start at midnight.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Hahaha, this guy sounds awesome! I know some people may think this is over-the-top, but the truth is, sensible rules that are strictly adhered by is the best way to complete something fairly.

Hell I may start coming to tournaments again if this guy is there--my pool won't start at midnight.
It isn't over the top, though, it's professional. This is the kind of thing we need if we want to be taken seriously.

Noob
Just as a heads up, rsiegel28, The Kombat Nazi will be a special guest at VSM next week to talk about tournaments and how he prepares for them and runs them.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
9.95 Your brother was AMAZING at running brackets at ECT3 and handled the power outage very well. One of the best run tournies I've been to. I'm glad to hear he's back, and we should all welcome him with open arms.

I look forward to Winter Brawl even more now.

Goldi

Noob
I have no problem with any if this. I try to come to a tournament looking and smelling as good as I would for a first date or job interview at least. It's a big event!

I have been late and DQ'd but I have no one to blame but myself for it. And I still had way too much fun at the tourney. As long as he doesn't try to make me ditch the Jade costume, sounds good :)