What's new

I really hope we get babality and friendship back.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Dude, that was so much fun making people expect to get brutally demolished and then hitting them with a high five.

I think removing those really did take some charm from the series a bit. MK9 was the last one to have it, right?

I don't understand why they can't be implemented again.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The ultimate disrespect. Because you cannot block the final round, and the nature of them, it’s the most disrespectful thing you can do. I remember when I believe Curbo babalitied PL in MK9 and it was such a big deal. Doing it to a top player, especially an EVO champion IN TOURNAMENT is kinda ridiculous.

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
I really don't. I really wish we had Animalities back, why? Because they're better than Friendships and Babalities, and they haven't been in a game as recent as the title suggestions have been.

Reactions: Lun

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Please bring them back. I used to love seeing players shrinking into baby's at the end of the match. Definitely caused hype matches.

I dont think they will ever be back. Seems like NRS has taken away majority of the humor in the MK realm outside of the in-game talking and characters like Johnny and Cassie.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
In one of Cassie's taunts between rounds she takes a snap shot on her phone and says something like "this is going on friendships".

They used friendships like a reference sort of like Hsu Hao on the billboard and Mokap on the coffee cup...

So yea, it's not looking good for Friendships.
Id personally love them back too.

At least we get Mercy.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Mercy is fine and all but a good ol handshake animation or high five would've been nice.

I can live though.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Friendship and Hara-Kiri = big YES

Babality, Animality and boring combo-Brutality = BIG NO.

What about a new-tality? Brag-tality. Where the character puts on a show for the defeated character, showing off their powers in bizarre ways lol.

Friendships in this game could be so awesome, like Sonya giving away a jet show, Geras summoning a baby version of the defeated character with his time abilities (a little bit of babality in there) and Cassie jumping some rope. Skarlet could even

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I agree... I've always felt that friendships and babalities add much needed fun to end game. Babalities particularly are hype and with the way the stories are done.. friendships make a lot of sense. I mean doing a fatality on cassie when playing cage always seems strange lol.....

I think adding out of game ways to comment on your opponent with out using text or your voice is really important for online play. All we really have is teabaging... I love the idea of using the fatality system as a kind of gory "emote" system you see in MMOs.. but instead of "/wave" or "/cheer" or w/e.... you can say.. You suck.. Learn to block "babality".. or w/e.

I'd like to see way more than just fatalities actually.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I agree... I've always felt that friendships and babalities add much needed fun to end game. Babalities particularly are hype and with the way the stories are done.. friendships make a lot of sense. I mean doing a fatality on cassie when playing cage always seems strange lol.....

I think adding out of game ways to comment on your opponent with out using text or your voice is really important for online play. All we really have is teabaging... I love the idea of using the fatality system as a kind of gory "emote" system you see in MMOs.. but instead of "/wave" or "/cheer" or w/e.... you can say.. You suck.. Learn to block "babality".. or w/e.

I'd like to see way more than just fatalities actually.
Yes that would be awesome to emote in game or after. Babalities and animalities where like an extension of the fighters for me. I'd love to see them come back. I remember back in the old days brutalities where long and brutal not short and simple. Mercy seems cool but I need my friendships and tag Kombat

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
We just had babalities a couple games ago in MK9. Granted, they are pretty funny... but I'd like friendships. I never did them back in the old days because I was like 7 and had no idea wtf I was doing.

Plus I like the idea of basically telling your opponent GG my dude.