What's new

I need to re-work my fundamentals.

lol you are like me during my first tournament. It's probably because of playing online a lot. I think people forgot how good reptile footsie is with dash. Try this.... Go to training, put the CPU to Jax/sheeva and expert. Dont attack him at all, just counter what he does. Stay around in and out of jumping range, when the CPU jumps in aa that shit. Stomp just jump. This will help on your footsie game. When CPU wiffs a combo because of your footsie, punish it with dash. To be honest if you are practicing online, dont use dash at all and try to win; it might help

And dont do d3 ah lol. D3 into 321 is actually better in frame wise .i saw how you got blown up cause of that.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
so um yeah...@reptile_8417 is such a tease, i saw the cursor go over Jade and i was like "ohhshit", then it turned out to be a button check. lame. Nice Reptile though :D

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
so um yeah...@reptile_8417 is such a tease, i saw the cursor go over Jade and i was like "ohhshit", then it turned out to be a button check. lame. Nice Reptile though :D
Hahaha you know I honestly was thinking about it.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
lol you are like me during my first tournament. It's probably because of playing online a lot. I think people forgot how good reptile footsie is with dash. Try this.... Go to training, put the CPU to Jax/sheeva and expert. Dont attack him at all, just counter what he does. Stay around in and out of jumping range, when the CPU jumps in aa that shit. Stomp just jump. This will help on your footsie game. When CPU wiffs a combo because of your footsie, punish it with dash. To be honest if you are practicing online, dont use dash at all and try to win; it might help

And dont do d3 ah lol. D3 into 321 is actually better in frame wise .i saw how you got blown up cause of that.
D3 into 321 gets blown up too, you can duck the 3 this is tested, I do both really but fly just kept catching me.

D3 into 321 gets blown up too, you can duck the 3 this is tested, I do both really but fly just kept catching me.

Yep reptile pokes suck, I personally think its better if I dont use them at all. The only time is when using it to get out of pressure. 8 frames poke? absolute horrible...

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yep reptile pokes suck, I personally think its better if I dont use them at all. The only time is when using it to get out of pressure. 8 frames poke? absolute horrible...
I'm thinking about switching from d3 to d4 after ex elbow, yeah it has 4 more frames but you will get way more advantage if it hits

I'm thinking about switching from d3 to d4 after ex elbow, yeah it has 4 more frames but you will get way more advantage if it hits

I mean if you are gonna do d4, might as well just starts with the 122 pressure. I mean think about it, the only way they can get out is to spin (for KL) and this can be baited and punished. Or the 2nd option is to poke

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I mean if you are gonna do d4, might as well just starts with the 122 pressure. I mean think about it, the only way they can get out is to spin (for KL) and this can be baited and punished. Or the 2nd option is to poke
122 can be ducked and is easier to punish though, also reptiles hitbox gets a lot lower on d4

122 can be ducked and is easier to punish though, also reptiles hitbox gets a lot lower

I mean its only misses if they dont block, if they block then it still hits. But trying to punish the 1 is pretty unsafe and worst an uppercut considering you can just do 321 for a 40% if they try to uppercut. And with poke i think you can cross over. Nevertheless I think you did good though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I mean its only misses if they dont block, if they block then it still hits. But trying to punish the 1 is pretty unsafe and worst an uppercut considering you can just do 321 for a 40% if they try to uppercut. And with poke i think you can cross over. Nevertheless I think you did good though.
I like the idea of d4 cuz of the low hitbox cancel advantage and pressure possibilities afterwards I think it maybe standing 2 would be really good as well

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I only got to see you play against bwizz.

You were elbow dashing a bit too much. That's the only bad thing I remember. Also, make sure you throw in slides and mix up your blockstrings. Even throwing in invis during your blockstrings can be good mindgames as long as you don't get caught up in a certain pattern.

I like the idea of d4 cuz of the low hitbox cancel advantage and pressure possibilities afterwards I think it maybe standing 2 would be really good as well
idk what can you do with standing 2. It wiffs on duck (block and not block), 1 is the same frame with pressure

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
idk what can you do with standing 2. It wiffs on duck (block and not block), 1 is the same frame with pressure
I was unaware that to was a hot I don't really use it that often yeah I think I'm definitely going to use d4 then, it is only 1 extra frame and is just more safe

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
You were in control in most of your matches from what I was watching, but you started falling behind when your elbow dash or ex elbow dash to d3~acid hand got countered. Other than that, GuamoKun vs Reptile_8417 Wharf dive kick vs elbow dash koth this week. And sunky21 will come for Kratos mirrors and Old man Shang vs Young man Shang hahahah
Ihatesoup.mov

You got rid of your holiday sigs! You could have done an Easter Bunny Quan or St. Patrick's Quan ;_;

Dive kick is stupid unsafe online!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Really? Jax's standing 1 is 8 frames and is a great AA tool. Reptile's 3 can't be ducked, you can't uppercut it, its not a true high.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Really? Jax's standing 1 is 8 frames and is a great AA tool. Reptile's 3 can't be ducked, you can't uppercut it, its not a true high.
reptiles standing 2 is a great anti air, and standing 3 can be ducked and uppercut if pushed back enough.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
reptiles standing 2 is a great anti air, and standing 3 can be ducked and uppercut if pushed back enough.

Ok, before an argument ensues I was just taking it as blocking the standing 3 from point blank range. My friend gets me with 3,1,2 (or 3,2,1?) all the time. I mean I block it but thats all I can ever do against it. No poking out of it, no ducking, no uppercutting.

Are you kidding? Jax has a 6 frame d1 with no risk... Reptile only can beat it with a dash which is a great risk. Reptile pokes suck...Badly (in term of getting out of pressure)
Plus when did I say reptile's 3 can be ducked? What are you saying? Reptile is very slow besides dash. To be honest I would LOVE to have a standing 8 frame.....

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ok, before an argument ensues I was just taking it as blocking the standing 3 from point blank range. My friend gets me with 3,1,2 (or 3,2,1?) all the time. I mean I block it but thats all I can ever do against it. No poking out of it, no ducking, no uppercutting.
I gotcha man, I wasn't starting anything just saying lol.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
After my experience at final round it was clear to me that as much as I have improved since I've started playing this game I really have terrible fundamentals. I am going to take the next month or so before flawless victory I am going to work on my flaws, and not so much improving what i already do well. I will be taking the next month or so working on those flaws as well as making my kenshi viable. Final Round was personally a giant disappointment for me and I want to do much better the next time around.

im uploading the mm$ we have.. maybe you can see what you were doing wrong

also get some tips from showtime.. we are gonna upload his matches against morty and konqrr and CD..