What's new

I need to re-work my fundamentals.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After my experience at final round it was clear to me that as much as I have improved since I've started playing this game I really have terrible fundamentals. I am going to take the next month or so before flawless victory I am going to work on my flaws, and not so much improving what i already do well. I will be taking the next month or so working on those flaws as well as making my kenshi viable. Final Round was personally a giant disappointment for me and I want to do much better the next time around.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
That's how I play my Reptile lol, I was so disappointed when I played in my first offline tourney :(.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
you know i didnt like actually meet you and say hi, but now that i see your avatar here.. were they calling you "joker"??? some guy playing a good reptile was being called joker???

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
you know i didnt like actually meet you and say hi, but now that i see your avatar here.. were they calling you "joker"??? some guy playing a good reptile was being called joker???
That was me haha, I go by joker.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I found out rather quickly after Devastation that solid fundamentals will win you 75% of your matches on those skills alone. Hell, I didn't know what "footsies" were until a few months ago....Trust me Joker...I know how you feel!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I found out rather quickly after Devastation that solid fundamentals will win you 75% of your matches on those skills alone. Hell, I didn't know what "footsies" were until a few months ago....Trust me Joker...I know how you feel!
I don't really think my footsies are the problem, I feel like I poke at the right times although I could probably poke more, I have problems with jumping, trying to makes reads with elbow dash, impatience, just really simple things that cost me matches.

Espio

Kokomo
I saw you on stream, you were stylin' with dat Reptile, I thought you played pretty solid, but just watch when you dash as it's pretty punishable offline.

Also of note, I think it's really tight that you're serious about learning from previous mistakes and growing from them and came to this conclusion on your own.

I need to work on my fundamentals too and as Konqrr said, backing up is the deadliest move in the game lol,I didn't understand what he meant at first, but it's so true. The proper spacing and fundamentals is essential.

RunwayMafia

I don't really think my footsies are the problem, I feel like I poke at the right times although I could probably poke more, I have problems with jumping, trying to makes reads with elbow dash, impatience, just really simple things that cost me matches.
Impatience is my biggest downfall. I'm working on just slowing down, blocking more, crouching more....and simply sitting back sometimes to see what my opponent does and reacts and moves. I used to have one speed...100 miles per hour all over the screen.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Biggest thing I can tell you is how and when to counter poke after blocking. That can literally save your life a lot. Counter poking out of pressure and walking back with reptile....trust me, you'll notice a different immediately.

Reptile players like to dash when they feel pressured. That usually isn't best option.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Impatience is my biggest downfall. I'm working on just slowing down, blocking more, crouching more....and simply sitting back sometimes to see what my opponent does and reacts and moves. I used to have one speed...100 miles per hour all over the screen.
Better to attack, than be attacked. My games with you were so much faster than I'm used to. You kept me on my toes the entire match, no bs. No time to breathe, no time to think! I play like this against my friend now and I'm doing better against his kabal because of it.

Death

Noob
Hey Joker man. Nice meeting you man. Amazing Reptile. I was really pulling for you vs BWizz. Dont take this the wrong way but i did notice you did ALOT of random elbow dashes and he was blowing you up with 121~shocker. I think maybe playing online its easy to elbow dash because its hard to punish but offline it gets blown up. I think thats the only thing that you can work on. Other than that your Reptile looked like one of the best I seen. Just less random elbow dashes.

RunwayMafia

Biggest thing I can tell you is how and when to counter poke after blocking. That can literally save your life a lot. Counter poking out of pressure and walking back with reptile....trust me, you'll notice a different immediately.

Reptile players like to dash when they feel pressured. That usually isn't best option.
^^^^^This! I'm currently trying to study all normal bnb's by the characters that give me trouble and learning all the frame data. It comes handy to simply poke when you know you have the frames to do so...and poof...combo interupted.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey Joker man. Nice meeting you man. Amazing Reptile. I was really pulling for you vs BWizz. Dont take this the wrong way but i did notice you did ALOT of random elbow dashes and he was blowing you up with 121~shocker. I think maybe playing online its easy to elbow dash because its hard to punish but offline it gets blown up. I think thats the only thing that you can work on. Other than that your Reptile looked like one of the best I seen. Just less random elbow dashes.
Thanks man nice to meet you too. And please don't be hesitant I am open to criticisim, I encourage it. I know that is my #1 problem, I try to male reads and just throw it out and I got messed up for it, I plan on dedicating all my time to fixing it. I hope to play you again soon, we should actually try to get some casuals in while we still live semi close to each other lol.

RunwayMafia

Better to attack, than be attacked. My games with you were so much faster than I'm used to. You kept me on my toes the entire match, no bs. No time to breathe, no time to think! I play like this against my friend now and I'm doing better against his kabal because of it.
Thanks man. Yeah, sometimes I just run with it and rush the hell out of my opponent...however if you have two hyper rush down's going at it, it's very smart to just slow it down...attack when you need to...turtle when you need to....there's so many aspects to fighting it's boggling... :)

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I don't like Reptile's dash, but you already knew that :) You're a Batman fanboy like me so you're bound for greatness.

I saw you on stream and I was all like "I PLAY WITH THIS GUY!"

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Watch THTB reptile first, then upgrade to faster play IMO. Rep is a strong footsie character so before you begin to play at lightning speed like Chris G learn to perform it at a slower pace but succeed with it. Then the basic footsie play of Rep will come naturally and you won't be guessing the low risk stuff, it will just trigger. Then work on your style.

Footsies first, personal style second. That's how I do it, just my 2 cents.

Creepy00

Noob
From what i saw, you did pretty good overall. Your combos and zoning were good. But, i have to agree with Death, you gotta start making smart or in reaction elbow dashes than just throwing it to closed the distance gap. Also, you gotta play a bit more with your footsie games. If you come to Flawless victory, we should play.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ex elbow Dash.... Seriously one of the best pressure tools he has... and is a good "panic button" to press.

Glad you showed up. We need more people to do so.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Ex elbow Dash.... Seriously one of the best pressure tools he has... and is a good "panic button" to press.

Glad you showed up. We need more people to do so.
I honestly think it's overrated, it's really easy to get out of people just don't know how to, which is why I still use it.
sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

McNasty

Moist.
In a game like MK9 with tons of chip damage and big flashy combos its hard to slow things down and play a more reaction based game. Online tends to breed bad habits of trying to make reads that aren't actually there(elbow dash smh). Being a reptile player conditioning myself to play differently in that "dead zone" that is just short of dash range was really hard but in hindsight its made me a much better reptile over all. Also remember that footsies embodies a whole lot more than pokes. Its about spacing, patterns, okizeme(wake ups), life leads and the overall game plan. I strongly agree with what Ikizzle said about counter pokes and especially with walking backwards, reptile can be awesome when hes in their face overwhelming them but hes even more dangerous when he gives you some room to breath and the mind games begin.