Has NRS Gone SJW

• Yes

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 90 78.3%

• Total voters

Lun

proud TERF!
Ok, so, I found an image that clears up my stance on things.

Hopefully this clears up any misunderstanding.

For reference, MK9 unfortunately belonged to the first category here. MK11 doesn't.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wow this thread is incredible, almost symbolic of where we have reached in 2019. Everything is offensive.

Damn.

I just want to dress up my Jacqui in MKX Boot Camp attire or a tank top and gym shorts, rather than Mass Effect armor suits. Shouldn't be too much to ask or get called sexist for it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This is beyond stupid at this point.
Indeed lol. Went from is NRS SJW to people being hypocrites to now apparently it's offensive to people if fake, CGI characters are dressed a certain way as oppose to real life women degrading themselves. This is comedy gold at this point.

@GLoRToR @Burn2019 Totally agree, I don't see how something fake, made up that's not real can honestly offend someone in this regard being sexist?

Lun

proud TERF!
@GLoRToR @Burn2019 Totally agree, I don't see how something fake, made up that's not real can honestly offend someone in this regard being sexist?
I would explain you with my comparison with a videogame that depicts racism. But then you'd say I'm making what the internet calls "reductio ad Hitlerum".
Then I would try to explain by making a comparison with a videogame that depicts torture towards kids. But then you'd say I'm comparing that to sexism.
Then, I would try to explain why it's not the fictional character, but it's the implication this brings when it shows sexism. But then you'd ignore my point completely or confuse sexism with sexy.

MKF30

I would explain you with my comparison with a videogame that depicts racism. But then you'd say I'm making what the internet calls "reductio ad Hitlerum".
Then I would try to explain by making a comparison with a videogame that depicts torture towards kids. But then you'd say I'm comparing that to sexism.
Then, I would try to explain you why it's not the fictional character who is offensive, but the implication this brings when it shows sexism. But then you'd ignore my point completely or confuse sexism with sexy.
By all means explain how you're so offended by a fictional character that dresses sexy again, I'll get the popcorn. Err who was talking about racism again, wasn't the topic sexism? :confused:lol Ah so you assume how I'd respond now? How interesting.

Actually, I would ask first off why are you mentioning things that have nothing to do with the topic actually but I will give you an E for effort. I mean I get it, SJW's love to sidestep anything they disagree with often and just go back to square one rinse and repeat. It's like, everyone in a room talking about baseball and you're that one person going off topic going on about football....

So what I got from your post is. 1. You saying you'd bring up subjects that have nothing to do with this actual topic. 2. Then assuming what I'd say being presumpturous. 3. Assuming I'd ignore what you say.

I find lots of irony in the last one coming from you if this thread is any indication.

Lun

proud TERF!
By all means explain how you're so offended by a fictional character that dresses sexy again, I'll get the popcorn. Err who was talking about racism again, wasn't the topic sexism? :confused:lol Ah so you assume how I'd respond now? How interesting.

Actually, I would ask first off why are you mentioning things that have nothing to do with the topic actually but I will give you an E for effort. I mean I get it, SJW's love to sidestep anything they disagree with often and just go back to square one rinse and repeat. It's like, everyone in a room talking about baseball and you're that one person going off topic going on about football....

So what I got from your post is. 1. You saying you'd bring up subjects that have nothing to do with this actual topic. 2. Then assuming what I'd say being presumpturous. 3. Assuming I'd ignore what you say.

I find lots of irony in the last one coming from you if this thread is any indication.

Ah yes, that's exactly the reply I was expecting.

Go back to my previous comments here to read why I'm offended by a fictional character, and why it's not about sexy but about sexism.

Regardless, I'm sure anything I've written in those comments, and anything I could write more, will get perfectly ignored or twisted by you in order to fit your own narrative.

MKF30

Ah yes, that's exactly the reply I was expecting.

Go back to my previous comments here to read why I'm offended by a fictional character, and why it's not about sexy but about sexism.

Regardless, I'm sure anything I've written in those comments, and anything I could write more, will get perfectly ignored or twisted by you in order to fit your own narrative.
Apparently not since I'm asking a fair question, you're going off into leftfield now but I think it's cute that you think you know me. I read them, needless to say I'm not convinced. You're bringing up racism now where we're talking about sexism. I guess you people just put everything together huh? In case you couldn't already tell,I feel the same way @Burn2019 @GLoRToR @Vslayer do. I don't twist things, I just call shit how I see it. It's ok though, I have come to the conclusion that you SJW's live in your own reality years ago. But by all means continue. Hey we all have free will, you want to be offended by fictional, pixelated characters dressed sexy. Be my guest. :)

Lun

proud TERF!
Apparently not since I'm asking a fair question, you're going off into leftfield now but I think it's cute that you think you know me. I read them, needless to say I'm not convinced. I feel the same way @Burn2019 @GLoRToR @Vslayer do. I don't twist things, I just call shit how I see it. It's ok though, I have come to the conclusion that you SJW's live in your own reality years ago.
.....What if you think "us SJWs" live in our own reality because actually YOU have been living in your own reality all along?

Why do I bother replying to someone who uses the term SJW unironically?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I have other opinions to share. Like on movies, or music. Those are way more fun than sharing opinions about angry reactionist clickbait like OAG.

Last edited:

MKF30

Lun:Ah the reality where everything offends you, you see everything as "sexist" even regarding fictional make believe characters and you think women are still oppressed right? Why do I bother with someone who now denies the current definition of SJW?

Oh so now you're offended by the term SJW? lol You can't be serious right now...Ok, do tell us what you are then since you're now trying to separate yourself from the term SJW. Oh yes because Captain Marvel was a great example of you people "living in reality" right? That why the movie flopped? or wait...it's because people are "haters" that's why right? Had nothing to do with Brie's projecting hating men bs. Nahhhh

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
'SJW' as a title is usually stated in a derogatory manner by people like MKF30. There's nothing wrong at all with being an advocate for social justice. You should be proud of it, in fact. People who advocate for social equality and progressive ideas don't normally refer to themselves as SJWs.

We tend to call ourselves 'people'.

MKF30

Lun:I'm fine brah, I'm going to play the shit out of MK 11. You?:D

@Sage Leviathan: I must disagree with part of that statement. Not derogatory, It's short for Social Justice Warrior usually self proclaimed by themselves being proud of such a title. They flaunt it(at least where I live being from NY) I didn't make it up, sounds accurate since people who always allegedly for social justice. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for Justice, Freedom of Speech, all that jazz etc but I don't agree with the types of SJW's who you know scream in the street or are you know nuts? I believe everyone should have a voice/opinion no matter what it is. I don't believe people should be attacked for wearing certain attire or for merely disagreeing with others or for merely protesting regardless of which side of the fence you're on.

I think people need to just in general be respectful of someone else's view, no matter what their view is. Pretty simple, if someone wants respect, you give it and you'll get it. You don't, well you'll get that too. My philosophy. It was how I was raised and it's true.

Last edited:

MKF30

Yeah same here. If Ermac, Fujin and Smoke get in as DLC I'll be happy but will still play the game regardless.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Then, I would try to explain why it's not the fictional character, but it's the implication this brings when it shows sexism. But then you'd ignore my point completely or confuse sexism with sexy.
Listen, if you read all I've said on this topic you'll see that I dislike sexism, racism, I dislike how you used a tragedy as a comparison to something so minuscule as having sexual connotations to characters, but I above all NEVER SAID that I disagree with you.

I also clearly said that everyone has the right to make their characters look what they want the character to look, this is why Soul Calibur's character creation is so amazing.

As @Sage Leviathan said, I don't call people swj or whatever, I don't even fully understand what the fuck that is and even if people call others that, I'm pretty sure you aren't.

YOU as an INDIVIDUAL have EVERY RIGHT under the Sun to say "I dislike having sexy female characters" or "I want male characters dressed the following way:" and call it a day.

What I want you to understand, @Lun, buddy, pal, sibling in Kombat, fellow blood-mongering psychopath who enjoys ripping eyeballs out of pixel heads, is that you are using words that aren't what you think they mean.

You can call an "apple" something else, but calling it "nuclear fusion" won't make it generate more energy.
Sexism is by definition not about women wearing bikinis. It's the same as racism: It's about treating someone bad. You can't treat a videogame character bad because your interaction is virtual. This is not a matter of comprehensive interpretation, it is a fact.

Once AI gets to a level where virtual characters will have a will of their own, we can talk about whether or not it's cool to make them do shit they dislike anyway. (I wouldn't, I cried when my tamagochi died)

Let people have sexy characters and aim to make your own characters enjoyable to you.
And show them off proudly.
Peace.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Oh yes because Captain Marvel was a great example of you people "living in reality" right? That why the movie flopped? or wait...it's because people are "haters" that's why right? Had nothing to do with Brie's projecting hating men bs. Nahhhh
I'm not going to get deep into this thread again, but Captain Marvel definitely didn't flop lol:

https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-opening-weekend-box-office-breaks-records-1202571905/

Already on track to be one of the biggest debut weekends in the month of March of all time, likely a close third place after Beauty and the Beast and Batman vs. Superman (which were absolutely massive blockbusters), beating The Hunger Games (also a massive blockbuster)

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm not going to get deep into this thread again, but Captain Marvel definitely didn't flop lol:

https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-opening-weekend-box-office-breaks-records-1202571905/

Already on track to be one of the biggest debut weekends in the month of March of all time, likely a close third place after Beauty and the Beast and Batman vs. Superman (which were absolutely massive blockbusters), beating The Hunger Games (also a massive blockbuster)
Sweet. I'm going tomorrow. I've heard it's solid. Not the best Marvel movie, but not terrible.

Lun

proud TERF!
Listen, if you read all I've said on this topic you'll see that I dislike sexism, racism, I dislike how you used a tragedy as a comparison to something so minuscule as having sexual connotations to characters, but I above all NEVER SAID that I disagree with you.

I also clearly said that everyone has the right to make their characters look what they want the character to look, this is why Soul Calibur's character creation is so amazing.

As @Sage Leviathan said, I don't call people swj or whatever, I don't even fully understand what the fuck that is and even if people call others that, I'm pretty sure you aren't.

YOU as an INDIVIDUAL have EVERY RIGHT under the Sun to say "I dislike having sexy female characters" or "I want male characters dressed the following way:" and call it a day.

What I want you to understand, @Lun, buddy, pal, sibling in Kombat, fellow blood-mongering psychopath who enjoys ripping eyeballs out of pixel heads, is that you are using words that aren't what you think they mean.

You can call an "apple" something else, but calling it "nuclear fusion" won't make it generate more energy.
Sexism is by definition not about women wearing bikinis. It's the same as racism: It's about treating someone bad. You can't treat a videogame character bad because your interaction is virtual. This is not a matter of comprehensive interpretation, it is a fact.

Once AI gets to a level where virtual characters will have a will of their own, we can talk about whether or not it's cool to make them do shit they dislike anyway. (I wouldn't, I cried when my tamagochi died)

Let people have sexy characters and aim to make your own characters enjoyable to you.
And show them off proudly.
Peace.

I think we might've misunderstood each other.

I'm fine with sexy characters and I'm fine with people liking sexy characters. I'm not above ogling Kano or Geras myself, especially now that videogames look so realistic.

My problem is when people DEMAND a character must sexy, or complain when not every female character in the game wears skimpy clothes.

I say the MK11 ladies look very attractive, yet some people complain because they no longer wear a bikini.

For example, Deadly Alliance Raiden was quite sexy in his alternate costume, yet I would never complain to Netherrealms that Raiden isn't sexualized anymore and isn't showing his abs.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I think we might've misunderstood each other.

I'm fine with sexy characters and I'm fine with people liking sexy characters. I'm not above ogling Kano or Geras myself, especially now that videogames look so realistic.

My problem is when people DEMAND a character must sexy, or complain when not every female character in the game wears skimpy clothes.

I say the MK11 ladies look very attractive, yet some people complain because they no longer wear a bikini.

For example, Deadly Alliance Raiden was quite sexy in his alternate costume, yet I would never complain to Netherrealms that Raiden isn't sexualized anymore and isn't showing his abs.
We agree then.

Reactions: Lun