What's new

I need help with no meter resets

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Those dont work. Tom does the net to low. in order for no meter resets to work, the net has to be landed at full height. otherwise your opponent can interupt with low jabs and jump out of the way.

The Xray one he does will never work.

The second one he does wont work with a throw. The only time a throw will connect is after u+2, b+2, net. this catches them at full height. tom does u+2, b+2, 3,3~net. this wont catch them high enough in the net for a throw, but you can get jabs off of this as long as the net is close to full height.

The third one he does will never work. you cant do a throw or jabs upon landing from the net when the combo is started from a anti air jab. the net simply wont catch them high enough in the air. Your opponent will always be able to escape with low jabs.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Oh cmon Tom ur better than that... None of these combos work...you'd gotta be pretty darn bad or at least don't know cyrax enough to fall into these resets. Net has to be almost full vertical range and still i think some characters can poke out of it...

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Oh cmon Tom ur better than that... None of these combos work...you'd gotta be pretty darn bad or at least don't know cyrax enough to fall into these resets. Net has to be almost full vertical range and still i think some characters can poke out of it...
Seems like he was trying to push all the haters away from toms sub and onto cyraxes completely escapeable resets, like they're the problem

Seems like a shot in the dark on Tom's part at an attempt to try to 'expose' Cyrax and his resets as much as possible. He still might be salty about the Sub-Zero got his reset taken away and Cyrax didn't campaign, since everyone got gimped and Cyrax didn't. Oh well.

In all honesty, from watching streams, the only viable reset I see anyone do is the 321 close bomb net reset in a Tournament setting. I've seen Maxter do the B2 EXBomb, mid bomb, net reset, and that's it. On occasion Cyrax players will do the anti-air thing, but, ALL THESE resets supposedly Cyrax has seems like theorycraft horseshit, as there's only like 3 of the many that people actually use or feel confident to use.

Most of the time I see Cyrax players just spacing and zoning it out, block strings, and the simple 121 rag doll on hit.

I don't know what's up, maybe I'm stupid.

The only thing I do, that's a no bar "reset", which isn't even a reset, more like a guessing game, is if your opponent is caught on ground with a net or you net them on ground, dash dash, mid bomb, 22, which will most likely catch them. On AI anyway, I DON'T PLAY ONLINE. And I am NOT a Cyrax expert.

Altaire

Noob
Those dont work. Tom does the net to low. in order for no meter resets to work, the net has to be landed at full height. otherwise your opponent can interupt with low jabs and jump out of the way.

The Xray one he does will never work.

The second one he does wont work with a throw. The only time a throw will connect is after u+2, b+2, net. this catches them at full height. tom does u+2, b+2, 3,3~net. this wont catch them high enough in the net for a throw, but you can get jabs off of this as long as the net is close to full height.

The third one he does will never work. you cant do a throw or jabs upon landing from the net when the combo is started from a anti air jab. the net simply wont catch them high enough in the air. Your opponent will always be able to escape with low jabs.
You know, I'm actually interested in learning some meterless resets, as much as I've normally been averted to them. You seem to have a better understanding of them than anyone, so why don't you explain a few in this thread? I'm sure I can't be the only one wondering after seeing that video.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
You know, I'm actually interested in learning some meterless resets, as much as I've normally been averted to them. You seem to have a better understanding of them than anyone, so why don't you explain a few in this thread? I'm sure I can't be the only one wondering after seeing that video.
Theres a few in my round 5 video if you want to check that out.

But the bnb one in my opinion is this..

u+2, b+2, net, tele, close bomb, 2,2, u+2, b+2, 1,2,1~ragdoll+throw

The first u+2 must be landed on them whilst they are in the air. the net after the b+2 has to land on your opponent at maximum height in order to give you time to throw out the close bomb and connect the 2,2 as they touch the ground from falling out of the net. basicaly as they touch the ground, so should your first 2 out of 2,2, be connecting with them.

Every move in this combo has to be done precise, its not easy to make work without interuption.

The combo does 57% if they get hit by the 2,2 and 53% if they block the 2,2.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Correct me if i'm wrong, Tony, but Cyrax has a more damaging and more reliable AA reset than Tom's video.

(After a fairly high air net): mid bomb, (22), combo of choice. After a little practice, i've never had an opponent escape except with armor. This was found by Check btw

Edit: i saw that you just posted the same idea lol, so nevermind :)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Correct me if i'm wrong, Tony, but Cyrax has a more damaging and more reliable AA reset than Tom's video.

(After a fairly high air net): mid bomb, (22), combo of choice. After a little practice, i've never had an opponent escape except with armor. This was found by Check btw

Edit: i saw that you just posted the same idea lol, so nevermind :)
Yes its checks reset. But it was me who discovered the wakeup properties were different when the combo starts from an anti air move. If you look at checks videos on the reset, he only ever starts the combo from the ground. his version makes it easier for them to jump out of the way. In my version they cant do any directional movement upon landing from the evaporating net. this is the version that tom was using and talking about.

Tony, i've actually known about that since i found the reset. I found the reset during the making of MK:Sacrifice, but i had no way of setting up the video where i could do anti-air. Then i went on to Sheeva who just simply could not escape whether antiair or not. Remember, i'm all about damage.

Not trying to take credit away from you or anything, but i even showed this to people at Local Battles over the summer when i found it. Just letting you know i knew about that too. The way i found it? When i couldn't find a proper setup to touch the top of screen, i just made the practice character jump in the air and timed an anti air net at the top of the screen. Also, there were times where the wakeup properties wouldn't change, so i concluded it as escapable. Next time you check this, make sure you jump out with uf or ub, not straight up, because if i recall correctly, that was the only way the wakeup changed; when you jumped straight up instead of forward or back. Been a while though. Just going off memory.

Later.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony, i've actually known about that since i found the reset. I found the reset during the making of MK:Sacrifice, but i had no way of setting up the video where i could do anti-air. Then i went on to Sheeva who just simply could not escape whether antiair or not. Remember, i'm all about damage.

Not trying to take credit away from you or anything, but i even showed this to people at Local Battles over the summer when i found it. Just letting you know i knew about that too. The way i found it? When i couldn't find a proper setup to touch the top of screen, i just made the practice character jump in the air and timed an anti air net at the top of the screen. Also, there were times where the wakeup properties wouldn't change, so i concluded it as escapable. Next time you check this, make sure you jump out with uf or ub, not straight up, because if i recall correctly, that was the only way the wakeup changed; when you jumped straight up instead of forward or back. Been a while though. Just going off memory.

Later.
full credit to you then my brother :)

tony, just use sheeva damnit. that's all i've ever said to you lol. the only thing i want credit for is sheeva combos :)

seriously, just take it. i've been doing mk combos for 10 years so at this point asking for credit is pointless to me. i've already accomplished so much and like you, found it all on my own. just wanted to let you know i knew about it too. just keep doing an amazing job with your videos. don't ever stop. you have a serious gift, and you're one of the good guys. take care. hit me back on youtube, i had a question about the 105%. i'll post the 108% before i leave for school in a hour. good stuff man.

Seapeople

This one's for you
What do you mean by the wakeup properties changing?

I've never been able to escape 22 after an air net with uf/ub (with all characters). Am i testing it wrong?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
What do you mean by the wakeup properties changing?

I've never been able to escape 22 after an air net with uf/ub (with all characters). Am i testing it wrong?
to give you an idea, set the cpu to "jump" in practise mode

Then proceed with this combo..

uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, u+2, net...

after the net breaks in this combo, they can jump instantly.

Now try doing this combo..

u+2, b+2, net...

the u+2, must hit them while they are in the air.

watch what happens when they land from the net after it dissolves. They cant move for about a second..

Seapeople

This one's for you
to give you an idea, set the cpu to "jump" in practise mode

Then proceed with this combo..

uf+2, 2,1~EXbomb, u+2, net...

after the net breaks in this combo, they can jump instantly.

Now try doing this combo..

u+2, b+2, net...

the u+2, must hit them while they are in the air.

watch what happens when they land from the net after it dissolves. They cant move for about a second..
I see what youre saying now. The wakeup properties are delayed when the opponent falls after an AA rather than grounded starter. I dont see any reason to use this reset on the ground though since you can do the regular reset instead.

I'm getting 36% off an AA net, 45% off an AA jab, and 50% off an AA NJP. Also, wakeup properties change for both neutral jump & uf/ub.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
tom just names it that because i use it on everyone over at the cd house. none of those are the one i do, the scenario is only setup at full height net and can be xray'd out of. But thats where the guessing game comes in. Like i said before ive been doing the reset for a while but the wrong way until Tony-T put up an explanation about anti air njp properties which just made it practical and set me on the right track. Check and Tony are cyrax tech gods.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Meterless resets you say? He has a reset i used to do with robo that was escapable, but with cyblax's bombs which having a longer range and being quicker at exploding i found that, the reset is inescapable.

Im sorry if im vague with the explanation, but it's probably his most devastating combo, no meter inescapable 60%+ shitstorm and im keeping it a secret for a couple of reasons. But yeah he has a few meterless resets, and tony just gave you one of the best ones with the air net 22 reset. I found a way to extend it with a couple of bars to an almost death combo.

Cyrax was supposed to get worse overtime, he's only getting better as time goes by!!!