What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Not just cyrax either, the whole cast!

Recently i came into possesion of another PS3. Luckily for me it was a brand new ps3 that still had an old firmware on it (3.40). Because of this i was able to get it hacked with a custom firmware 3.55 and at the same time i had all the MK9 hacks installed on it!

The MK9 hacks on PS3 are slightly different to XBOX. I wont go into to much detail, but the 2 most important hacks i came across is infinite health for P1 and P2 as well as infinite timer.

If you enable these hacks, then start a 2 player match and enable the quick uppercut recovery kombat code before the match you are now stuck in a 2 player match for as long as you like.

Basicaly you can just keep doing uppercuts on your opponent and fish for toasty boosts.

Yea, this is still going to be hard because of the randomness of the toasty, but it does make things slightly easier.

If anyone has any commands they would like me to try during the toasty, just let me know.

Ill be having a crack at it over the weekend..

UPDATE

Thanks to the hard work of Check, we now have several toasty boosts confirmed!

They are as follows...

Kitanna ffb+4

Sheeva ddf+4 (credit Digimon)

Stryker bbd+4

Scorpion bb+1

Sindel ddd+1

Kratos bdf+2?

Lui Kang ffd+2 ?

Sonya ddb+1 ?

Spletty

Grandmaster
Not just cyrax either, the whole cast!

Recently i came into possesion of another PS3. Luckily for me it was a brand new ps3 that still had an old firmware on it (3.40). Because of this i was able to get it hacked with a custom firmware 3.55 and at the same time i had all the MK9 hacks installed on it!

The MK9 hacks on PS3 are slightly different to XBOX. I wont go into to much detail, but the 2 most important hacks i came across is infinite health for P1 and P2 as well as infinite timer.

If you enable these hacks, then start a 2 player match and enable the quick uppercut recovery kombat code before the match you are now stuck in a 2 player match for as long as you like.

Basicaly you can just keep doing uppercuts on your opponent and fish for toasty boosts.

Yea, this is still going to be hard because of the randomness of the toasty, but it does make things slightly easier.

If anyone has any commands they would like me to try during the toasty, just let me know.

Ill be having a crack at it over the weekend..
Skarlet pls

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Has there been any kind of pattern specific to that character of the ones already found? Or is it just a completely random input?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I dont want to get peoples hopes up. this is by no means easy. All im saying is, im going to give it a go. more then likely i wont find anything, but its worth a shot..

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Find Skarlets imo.

Do we have a list of currently found toasty boosts? I know we don't have many, but the question I would ask is this:

Are the commands for the characters we know related at all to their move list? Is the toasty boost command a completely unique set if buttons compared to their move list?

If no, is it a move another character has? Is it like fatalities where each one is different?

Another question is, can you confirm the toasty boost commands we already do have to be correct and repeatable?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TONY-T

Mad scientist
this is just what we need...
a way for cyrax players to figure out how to get full meter :(
i lol'ed. Theres no guarantee ill find anything. the toasty is just so random.. If i find cyraxs, ill try and find other characters too.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Find Skarlets imo.

Do we have a list of currently found toasty boosts? I know we don't have many, but the question I would ask is this:

Are the commands for the characters we know related at all to their move list? Is the toasty boost command a completely unique set if buttons compared to their move list?

If no, is it a move another character has? Is it like fatalities where each one is different?

Another question is, can you confirm the toasty boost commands we already do have to be correct and repeatable?

yea a list would help. but as fas as i know, only sheevas has been found?

Find Skarlets imo.

I think digimon knows the one for sheeva I've read somewhere on here.
And there is a thread where someone might have found the Sonya one. I think it is command based and different got each character

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Liu's!

Also, my uncle said in the older games whenever that one dude appears and says whatever he says, that he had to hit select as quick as he can. I don't know if this is useful or not, as it's in the older one, and I don't even know if it's correct/true.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
if the people who know their characters toasty boost could post it up, it would help. i can attemp to confirm it..

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
ok, known toasty boosts!

Lui Kang - f,f,d+2

Sonya - d,d,b 1+2+3+4

Kratos - d,f+2

Sheeva - d,d,f+4 ?

Credit to Check for giving me this list..
So they don't appear to even be related to any moves in those characters move list (just a guess - I haven't looked, just based on what I know of their moves).

Is Sonya d,d,b+1+2+3+4 or d,d,b,1+2+3+4? If its the first option, we have a pattern of 2-3 movement inputs with the final input having certain buttons pressed at the same time.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
from what I know, all the toasty boosts are 3 directional inputs then a button. The sonya one may work, but only one of the buttons may be needed.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Is Sonya d,d,b+1+2+3+4 or d,d,b,1+2+3+4? If its the first option, we have a pattern of 2-3 movement inputs with the final input having certain buttons pressed at the same time.
i honestly have no idea. But i think your right about the pattern.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
ok ive gave it a go last night and it looks as though it does'nt work. my theory is that toasty wont pop up if you have full life bars. (the hack keeps your life bars full) I must have done over a 1000 uppercuts and not a single toasty. So sorry guys but its a no go..

Spletty

Grandmaster
ok ive gave it a go last night and it looks as though it does'nt work. my theory is that toasty wont pop up if you have full life bars. (the hack keeps your life bars full) I must have done over a 1000 uppercuts and not a single toasty. So sorry guys but its a no go..
What if only player 2 has full health. Like let player 2 hit player 1 once or whatever, then use player 1 and do the uppercuts