What's new

I love this game

I see so much negativity on this website. Given I’m not the best player on the planet but mk11 has sunk its teeth in me like no mk/injustice game ever has. We got it good folks, there’s online tournaments to join if you want to compete, there’s major tournaments online to watch top players compete, and there’s an infinite amount of information at our hands to learn to be better.

Bit of a rant but this game is dope. Enjoy it!

Pangolin-man

My trusty sidekick is not amused!
I feel the same way. I got back into fighting games because of Injustice. I really like MK 11. I wish some characters I like were in it, particularly Reptile, Ermac, and Rain, but it is a great game. I think the negativity comes from a minority of trolls and people who will never be happy but it does get tiresome. Nevertheless, I have always loved MK since the very first game and will continue to do so. Same goes for Injustice. I just try to stay positive and enjoy it with other players who have fun with it. The game is supposed to be fun first and foremost.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Thank you for saying this.

This is really an amazing time to be a gamer. I mean, I joined the scene when there was no tournament support at all (everything was home-grown, most tournaments had no pot bonus, it was always a question if we'd have a stream). There was no way to record a dummy in practice mode, there was no frame data, game was fun but if an engine bug actually got fixed that was a big deal. Us having a stream with a few thousand people watching was a big deal. Most of our MK9 streams were between 500-1000 viewers.

Oh yeah, and the netcode was so bad that online tournaments weren't even considered viable.

Fast forward to 2019, we have an awesome practice mode, developers all over the FGC are now supporting tournaments with pro series, money, promotion. The developer of the game runs our own dedicated stream at pro tour events, so we never have to worry about if we're going to see pools, or if they're going to cut us off after 45 minutes of MK Top 16 so people can watch Guilty Gear.

And we have probably the best netcode in a major fighting game, a great practice mode, competition in the scene is stronger than it's ever been (even if Sonic wins, it's no longer free due to great players like Dragon, Ninjakilla, Foxy, etc. giving him a run for his money). And our game is promoted everywhere, it's considered a top tier FGC game, and we get thousands of views for tournaments.

And this game is beautiful and it's fun. Maybe the best-balanced title we've had. No game will ever be 100% perfect, but I'm just grateful for everything we have and how far we've come.

I feel the same way. I got back into fighting games because of Injustice. I really like MK 11. I wish some characters I like were in it, particularly Reptile, Ermac, and Rain, but it is a great game. I think the negativity comes from a minority of trolls and people who will never be happy but it does get tiresome. Nevertheless, I have always loved MK since the very first game and will continue to do so. Same goes for Injustice. I just try to stay positive and enjoy it with other players who have fun with it. The game is supposed to be fun first and foremost.
Yeah it’d be nice if the rest of the ninjas were in this game. One of my only complaints is probably the cast. But as far as the way the game feels? Top notch.

Thank you for saying this.

This is really an amazing time to be a gamer. I mean, I joined the scene when there was no tournament support at all (everything was home-grown, most tournaments had no pot bonus, it was always a question if we'd have a stream). There was no way to record a dummy in practice mode, there was no frame data, game was fun but if an engine bug actually got fixed that was a big deal. Us having a stream with a few thousand people watching was a big deal. Most of our MK9 streams were between 500-1000 viewers.

Oh yeah, and the netcode was so bad that online tournaments weren't even considered viable.

Fast forward to 2019, we have an awesome practice mode, developers all over the FGC are now supporting tournaments with pro series, money, promotion. The developer of the game runs our own dedicated stream at pro tour events, so we never have to worry about if we're going to see pools, or if they're going to cut us off after 45 minutes of MK Top 16 so people can watch Guilty Gear.

And we have probably the best netcode in a major fighting game, a great practice mode, competition in the scene is stronger than it's ever been (even if Sonic wins, it's no longer free due to great players like Dragon, Ninjakilla, Foxy, etc. giving him a run for his money). And our game is promoted everywhere, it's considered a top tier FGC game, and we get thousands of views for tournaments.

And this game is beautiful and it's fun. Maybe the best-balanced title we've had. No game will ever be 100% perfect, but I'm just grateful for everything we have and how far we've come.
Yeah I’ve never had this much fun being invested in a particular game. And if you like to watch high level play? Say no more. Celtic throwdown, summer jam, dream hack is this weekend, hell some of the most hype matches I’ve ever seen were on the destroyer qualifiers that happened this week.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah I’ve never had this much fun being invested in a particular game. And if you like to watch high level play? Say no more. Celtic throwdown, summer jam, dream hack is this weekend, hell some of the most hype matches I’ve ever seen were on the destroyer qualifiers that happened this week.
I was just going to mention Destroyer’s tournament! We are getting showered with footsies and shimmies and micro-reads right now. For a true fighting games fan the neutral of guys like Dragon and Ninja is a pleasure to watch.

Then you have all these guys like Kombat, Splash, Videogamesyo, Rewind, Deoxys etc. all shaking things up with their own unique playstyles. It’s just a fun season altogether.

Last edited:

Sorakell

Noob
I agree. Mk11, and mk franchise in general, is an amazing game. Maybe it has some flaws (like any other fighting game) but if nsr does the same work it did with I2 i think we will have a perfect game.

And its nice to see positive posts. I like positive criticism but sometimes i sense too much hate. Enjoy the game. Cheers.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
What is this r/mortalkombat? I come to this site for actual discussion and data not circlejerk praising posts that tell people to just take it as it comes and if you complain your just wHinIng, as if its a perfect 10/10 game. Look its good that you like the game, its a good game, but its not withoit its faults and people are allowed to point that out.
Posts like these do nothing for actual discussion. If theres a complaint sticky thread there should be the opposite for posts like this.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
What is this r/mortalkombat? I come to this site for actual discussion and data not circlejerk praising posts that tell people to just take it as it comes and if you complain your just wHinIng, as if its a perfect 10/10 game. Look its good that you like the game, its a good game, but its not withoit its faults and people are allowed to point that out.
Posts like these do nothing for actual discussion. If theres a complaint sticky thread there should be the opposite for posts like this.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
It's the best one since MK9 imo. Injustice 2 was fun, too but I haven't had as much fun with Injustice 2 like I do with Mk11. Actually, it's hovering around my top 5 MK games right now. lol. I don't have too many complaints at all about the game. Tbh, I feel like a lot of people complain more than they lab & make up excuses.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I have just the right thread for you.

The official MK11 complaints/rant thread.

You're welcome.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
MK11 is nothing short of incredible, it has the best offerings of any fighting game right now from every possible angel, and it can only be rival by previous NRS games.

No other fighting game is worth playing right now, hands down.

Actually the Ninjas do appear in MK11, just through Shang Tsung with one move from each, and unlike with Kitana using Mileena's Tele-Kick, Shang Tsung actually morphs into the Ninjas, so they actually do appear in the game, so if you add their moves to Shang Tsung's moveset, you are control the Ninjas, as they don't appear in the game in any other way. Just pointing that out. :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
MK11 is by far my favorite NRS game. It’s not my favorite MK game and it isn’t perfect, but as far as the 4 NRS games, MK11 is easily the best imo.

Again, it’s not perfect and there’s some aspects I dislike. But I love the meta. I like how it isn’t super focused primarily around 50/50’s. Yeah a bunch of 50/50’s exist, they always will, but it isn’t the focal point like previous NRS games. I love the character variety, I love Nightwolf, and I’m excited for future DLC