What's new

I love Nightwolf

Hemlock

Noob
You know what's awesome? Spirit daggers and axes that show up outta nowhere.

"What's that? Who you callin' indian?"
*zap*
"Oh look who's got an axe now motherf-er?"
"I got your reparations right here"
*stab*

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
You know what's awesome? Spirit daggers and axes that show up outta nowhere.

"What's that? Who you callin' indian?"
*zap*
"Oh look who's got an axe now motherf-er?"
"I got your reparations right here"
*stab*
NightWolf says "Native American, God damnit....Indians are from India"

NKZero

Noob
can his wake up axe swing get beat by a poke or no?
Yes it can. On that note, this is how I see NW's wake-up game.

If you are trying to OTG him up close or do some sort of low poke to beat a shoulder wake-up, the invincibility on axe swing will swipe you clean and NW gets a combo. The counter to this is to cross him up and blow him up.

As for shoulder wake-up if for some reason you are throwing anything out be it a projectile or a high/mid hitting normal shoulder will blow you up. If you jump over the shoulder will whiff but put NW in a safe position so he cannot be punished. If you low poke you obviously hit him and get frame advantage (especially D4).

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I will never say I hate Nightwolf. He is one of the coolest characters in the game. But the post above pretty much sums it up.

NKZero

Noob
Since the last hit of EX Shoulder is a MID, how could you possibly DUCK it and punish it with a combo. EX Shoulder needs to be jumped or standing blocked
I may be wrong but can you not hit him out of it with a low poke or something? I may have done that before...

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I may be wrong but can you not hit him out of it with a low poke or something? I may have done that before...
U can poke him out of either normal Shoulder or EX, but you don't get a free combo if you duck the EX version......you get your ass FLOORED instead.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I fucking love the character...I love the theory behind his moves, I love the green shit, and I love the 6 pack chesticles! but his problems are...

1)no mid combos starter
2)no low combo starter
3)shoulder easily punished
4)axe is not a good footsie tool
5)no resets
6)no broken shit
7)no 6 frame d1
8)no advantage on any string
9)no lightning traps
10)huge hitbox
11)etc...

Hemlock

Noob
Don't know much about Nightwolf, but am delighted to hear you're enjoying this character. You have to play his story mode chapter, not spoiling anything, but it's good life, godlike material :D.
Oh MAN just beat story mode tonight. Nightwolf's chapter was so awesome. He was so hardcore and took no prisoners (literally). Much more respect for him now.

Espio

Kokomo
Come to think of it..I did give Nightwolf a shot for a little while recently, but sadly he's just not my style of play...I don't know why I couldn't get into him in MK9...he was amazingly fun when the game came out for me. Of course I love MK3 and Deception Nightwolf as well :).

All the cast needs to come back for MK10, get some consistency going with the roster for once lol.

Oh MAN just beat story mode tonight. Nightwolf's chapter was so awesome. He was so hardcore and took no prisoners (literally). Much more respect for him now.
They really gave Nightwolf his shine, which was amazing, he looked leagues above his comrades during that battle.

Did you like the ending? I have mixed feelings about it...lol.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
he does have an overhead....122 axe swing?
Its true he doesnt have it as a starter unless you start the combo w/ Hatchet or EX Hatchet, but cancelling any of his strings into Hatchet will indeed launch a ducking or low-blocking opponent for a juggle. And again, EX Shoulder's 2nd hit is mid as well

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Its true he doesnt have it as a starter unless you start the combo w/ Hatchet or EX Hatchet, but cancelling any of his strings into Hatchet will indeed launch a ducking or low-blocking opponent for a juggle. And again, EX Shoulder's 2nd hit is mid as well
no sorry man. hatchet doesnt launch low blocking opponents. the second hit of ex hatchet isnt mid either.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
no sorry man. hatchet doesnt launch low blocking opponents. the second hit of ex hatchet isnt mid either.
A mid-launcher that doesn't launch? God I wish my PS3 didnt have YLOD so I could actually DO stuff instead of trying to remember from playing last MONTH.