What's new

I hope they dont mess DLC up

KCJ506

Noob
On the other hand, moronic comments like 'NRS are lazy because they didn't include Mileena in MK11' can fuck the right off, because they are so out of reality it's not even funny.
I agree. I tend to see people ignorantly say call the developers of any fighting game nowdays lazy because the roster doesn't start off with around 35-40 characters. It makes me wish such people would get jobs as video game developers and realize the hardship and burden they are facing and the feeling of being accused of the things they once ignorantly accused developers of.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Speaking of DLC, we should be close to the Kombat Pack reveal.
I just hope they won't pull the shadow silhouettes bullshit and show us the goods from the start. I mean, many people pre-paid for that content, the least NRS can do is announce what those people paid for IN ADVANCE.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
My personal list of characters I'd like to see become DLC for MK11:

High on the wishlist:

- Reiko is probably highest on my list of characters I'd want as DLC. Would absolute love for him to get a redesign of his gameplay and moves to become a unique character who doesn't share moves with Noob and Shao Kahn.

- Rain isn't going to be DLC, because he's already been one. However, IF they decide to break that rule and make him DLC anyways, I'd buy him!

- Takeda is maybe the only one on my list who actually has a chance to become DLC for MK11! I loved him in MKX, loved his design and gameplay, and he has a great personality, great potential to evolve his psionic powers, and I absolutely loved him using those whips. From what I understand, he was one of the more popular newcomers from MKX, though a lot of people didn't like the Kombat Kids. But even within that group, he seemed to be considered the best one. Plus his role in the comics was amazing!

- Sareena is one of those characters who has so much potential to become a really cool character, and with her connections to a lot of key characters of the franchise, I could see her play a solid role in the story as well. However, her character has just never had the chance to be realised, other than small snippets being shown here and there, and her two playable appearances were in less than stellar games (MK: Tournament Edition for GBA and MK: Armageddon).

Mid on the wishlist:
- Tanya is the same as with Rain, having already been DLC in MKX, but again, if they made her return as DLC, I'd buy her!

- Enenra is a concept I've been wanting to see for Smoke since it was revealed that he was one in his MK9 ending, and confirmed to be true in MKX. Also, MK9 Smoke was the first time I liked him as a character and his gameplay, but because Triborg had a Smoke variation in MKX, maybe NRS considers that as having already been DLC.

- Nitara is someone I've wanted to return since we first saw her in MKDA. I love her concept, I love the fact she's a vampire and I think it's awesome that the MKX comics revealed that she was the founder of blood magic. However, due to Skarlet filling that role, I doubt she's going to be a DLC character, even if they could make her moves very different from hers. Plus she's not really popular, but I like her quite a bit.

Low on the wishlist:
- Cyrax for the exact same reason as Smoke. But if I had to choose for a cyber ninja to return, it'd be Cyrax. Plus it would be cool to see him have a human skin as an alt again.

- Mileena is a cool character whose character development I've liked a lot in the new timeline... all the way up to her death. She's such a popular and requested character, so her not becoming DLC would just be an odd choice, imo. However, with the recent reveal of Kitana wielding one of her sais and having her Tele-Kick move, I now no longer think she will be DLC.

- Fujin is a character I'd like to have seen taking Raiden's role as the new protector of Earthrealm, and seeing as Raiden has gone Dark this time around, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to bring Fujin back as a playable character. But NRS has shown what they think of him and Cetrion has some very Fujin-esque moves, so I don't think he'll be DLC.

Other worthy mentions:
Havik, Sindel, Taven, Hotaru, Kai, Kung Jin.

KCJ506

Noob
- Rain isn't going to be DLC, because he's already been one. However, IF they decide to break that rule and make him DLC anyways, I'd buy him!
I'm pretty sure Boon said that no character would ever be DLC twice in a row. Not that they'd won't ever be DLC again.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm pretty sure Boon said that no character would ever be DLC twice in a row. Not that they'd won't ever be DLC again.
I don't think he ever said "in a row". That part just seemed to pop up since Rain seemed less likely to be on the main roster, as a desperate attempt from Rain fans to justify why Rain could still be DLC for MK11.

Unless you have the source of Boon's statement you can post here to prove me otherwise.
Because if that is indeed what he said... well, cool! Then Rain's chances has heightened!
But until I see it with my own eyes, I'm not going to hope for it.

KCJ506

Noob
I don't have a source to the exact quote, but let's say around maybe 10 years from now when MK13 is out, we still can't have Rain if he's not in the base roster? I could see them not doing it back to back but never again? Then we're also never going to get Tremor or Tanya again if they can't make the base roster in a future game?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don't have a source to the exact quote, but let's say around maybe 10 years from now when MK13 is out, we still can't have Rain if he's not in the base roster? I could see them not doing it back to back but never again? Then we're also never going to get Tremor or Tanya again if they can't make the base roster in a future game?
NRS and Ed Boon can at any time change their mind. And I'd be okay with that. Hence why I said in my post "if they decide to break that rule".

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I don't think he ever said "in a row". That part just seemed to pop up since Rain seemed less likely to be on the main roster, as a desperate attempt from Rain fans to justify why Rain could still be DLC for MK11.

Unless you have the source of Boon's statement you can post here to prove me otherwise.
Because if that is indeed what he said... well, cool! Then Rain's chances has heightened!
But until I see it with my own eyes, I'm not going to hope for it.
Actually he didn't say either of those things, all he said was Rain is unlikely to be dlc in MKX, as he was DLC in mk9 and they want to do new things for dlc in mkX.
Go to 1:50, here's where all the misinformation came from

Also Rain was going to be a base roster in mkx but was cut, because of time restraints. That's why he had a new look and was part of the story. He CAN be DLC in mk11

Last edited:
They are neither bosses nor employees. They are consumers. It is only logical to let the devs know what they (the consumers) want to consume. If they want INSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE, they do the right thing by letting NRS know. In the end it only increases the chances for WB to make even more money.

On the other hand, moronic comments like 'NRS are lazy because they didn't include Mileena in MK11' can fuck the right off, because they are so out of reality it's not even funny.
"Lazy" is just a word people like to throw around when they don't like how something is designed, I find. While I wish Mileena was in too, there could be multiple reasons she's not in. It doesn't necessarily have to be "laziness".

Do we know how quickly will they roll out these DLC characters? For example is the Kombat Pack going to have 6 characters on launch day? April 23rd?

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Personally, my biased ass would want Tanya. I got excited hearing J. Hale is voicing Kronicka but that doesn't mean Tanya will back and I'm pretty sure Ed Boon said there are no repeat DLC's so. I hkghly doubt this will become a reality but I really like the idea of Bayonetta becoming DLC like it was rumored. Just image the intros and attack strings, her guns on her ankles would shoot while she kicks

What I want:

KP1

Shang
Mileena
Fujin
Havik
(don't care about guests at all)

KP2

Reiko
Smoke
Sareena
Rain (I don't even like Rain that much I just want NRS to throw that poor fanbase a bone)

What I think we're actually getting:

KP1

Shang
Sindel
Nightwolf
Sheeva (Kittelsen is a huge fan apparently)

KP2

Li Mei
Cyrax
Chameleon (doing the Triborg thing again, they can't help themselves)
Something out of left field continuing the Skarlet/Tremor lineage. Khrome or Hornbuckle or something. Just a weird hunch.

trufenix

bye felicia
That list is terrible. How about we get some characters that weren't in the last game. MK has a huge roster of characters so let's use them.
Yeah let's not bring back less characters from there most successful game and more from all those games that made them bankrupt

It probably could go well considering how mkx went. Just really sucks that ermac and reptile could possibly be dlc

Personally, my biased ass would want Tanya. I got excited hearing J. Hale is voicing Kronicka but that doesn't mean Tanya will back and I'm pretty sure Ed Boon said there are no repeat DLC's so. I hkghly doubt this will become a reality but I really like the idea of Bayonetta becoming DLC like it was rumored. Just image the intros and attack strings, her guns on her ankles would shoot while she kicks
If they were to put Tanya in MK11, your avatar would make a nice outfit for her.

It’s very unlikely that Nrs will ever put a dlc character in another dlc.

Also, I believe Nrs tends to be very creative with their dlcs, as in they normally want to revamp characters that were unpopular or create new characters. Shang Tsung made it because he was not in mkx and there are 6 slots for 1 dlc. NRS will not put more than 2 klassic fighters in the dlc (especially the fighters from Mkx)

I wonder why Shang Tsung is not in the base roster anyway. I heard it had something to do with him being modeled after the Shang Tsung from the movie. Is that true?

trufenix

bye felicia
I wonder why Shang Tsung is not in the base roster anyway. I heard it had something to do with him being modeled after the Shang Tsung from the movie. Is that true?
The roster to the game is almost the first decided thing, before anything is budgeted or planned at all. That's nonsense.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well, since we don't know who it is yet... I'll throw out some predictions (that are probably different than the last ones I posted on DLC lol) before we do know for sure. 2 KPs, 4 guests likely so I'll just do 4 MK characters in each pack the other two spots will be guests.

I honestly don't think the following characters have a shot at being DLC:

Stolen Moves Tier:
Mileena, Reptile, Fujin, Stryker

Previous DLC Tier (MKX only, I think MK9 DLC could be possible):
Goro, Tremor, Tanya, Triborg, Bo Rai Cho

Not Popular Enough Tier:
Most 3D era characters

With those characters eliminated...
KP 1 Hopes:
Shang Tsung
Havik
Nighwolf